RD 1, Pick #10: DB Stephon Gilmore - South Carolina

SDS

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Jones is very impressive. Maybe he'll mature into a big time player, but I don't think the Bills have to worry about him for 2 yrs (if ever).

Maybe so... Hightower is another story though imo.

Good picks, but their DL got decimated last year and that's where they needed to add players.

They apparently only have 2 more picks left in the whole draft as per NFLN. Both 2nd rounders. I'd guess they trade down to pick up one more pick, but it looks like our long Bills national nightmare of multiple 1st and 2nd round Cheats* picks may be coming to an end....

Great pick by Bills - Floyd sucks and so does reif. WR is deep - there are better players than Floyd still left. 'Here's hoping Cordy Glenn lasts to round 2 pick.

How can you say floyd sucks lol, so im guessin gilmores amazing? Nice to know your ms cleo over here

Gilmore is kind of a quiet and reserve guy. Smart and a high character guy. He was a starter year 1 in college and played against some of the best WRs in the SEC. He is definately NOT Mckelvin 2.0. In fact he's kind of the exact opposite. He also was the wildcat QB and did some return work also. Maybe we can save the roster spot and 86 Brad Smith.

You guys can rag on him if you want too, and he might not be the ticket seller first round pick, but he's going to help our team alot!

Maybe he was dissappointed to be drafted by the Bills, so lets NOT welcome him and make his disappointment justified. :wallbash:

I may be in the minority, but I am seriously glad we did not get Floyd.

Though surprised, I like the pick. I know that CB is a verifiable need and Gilmore was the definitive #2 CB available. I was saying Floyd before the pick, but I trust Buddy in a major way.

GO BILLS!!

The Pats just showed how to knock it out of the park.

Like they have the last five years? (um 2 picks left on team?)

The myth that the Pats are good at the draft has been busted. And, how hard is it to have a good draft....when you have 2 #1 picks....after having started with 14 picks overall?

But, the Pats didn't address the secondary or their O line.

I'll give them a base knock, over the 2nd baseman's head...but that's about as far as it goes. And, the only reason I'm doing that is: I have doubts about Jones(light in the pants) but I think Hightower will somehow, based on Belechick scheming, end up being a PITA for us for years.

One thing that seems to be a constant is that the Bills (under Buddy) try to take high character guys -- especially with the higher picks. Having now read a lot about Gilmore since just after 9:00 p.m. , the pick does not surprise me at all. He was a good pick . The only other guy I had a conviction on was Kalil, and he was long gone. I also could have seen Kuechly as a possibility, but he obviously also was gone.

There was no need to reach for OT.

There was no need to take a wr with question marks at 10 when this, by most accounts, is a deep wr draft.

Just my two cents.

Billy B. is better at coaching and strategizing than drafting -- although he always seems to have a lot of picks (presumably to improve the odds).

Like they have the last five years? (um 2 picks left on team?)

The myth that the Pats are good at the draft has been busted. And, how hard is it to have a good draft....when you have 2 #1 picks....after having started with 14 picks overall?

But, the Pats didn't address the secondary or their O line.

I'll give them a base knock, over the 2nd baseman's head...but that's about as far as it goes. And, the only reason I'm doing that is: I have doubts about Jones(light in the pants) but I think Hightower will somehow, based on Belechick scheming, end up being a PITA for us for years.