• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see the apologists are out in full swing

This is a horrible pick at a non impact position by a team going no where

What has drafting DBs early in the draft done for this team the last decade?

You must be so done with this team....

It has kept us locked in the cellar, and for longer than a decade. And be assured, it will take many years for the apologists to acknowledge how idiotic this pick was.

Can't say I'm toooooooooo happy with the pick but I did have Gilmore rated very high. Definitely top 20 so to come out with him in the draft is a plus. I personally would rather have Ingram or Floyd. Now that Floyd is gone to Arizona I'm only hoping and praying Ingram doesn't go to the Jets cuz I absolutely love that kid.

Yeah, but you were loving Whitner too. And JP, and every other stupid selection the Bills have ever made. But cope the way you choose. It's OK. Wave pom poms with Promo. Ultimately, being happy is a better state mind than accepting reality I suppose.

Enlighten me how Gilmore hurts the defense and team if he's a good player? Whitner and Losman were bad picks because they weren't great players. It had nothing to do with the position they played.

STIFF IN THE HIPS????

3.94 shuttle (Revis= 4.08), 6.61 3-cone (Revis=6.56). Our tandem is the best in the division.

Revis has the best instincts of any CB in the league. This guy is nowhere near his level. Workouts don't always translate to production, see Vernon Gholston. Watch the tape draft droid. You'll see what I'm talking about. The Underwear Olympics is not in pads adjusting to WR's on the fly.

Possible he was disappointed he didn't get picked by Carolina and stay in the same state. He did get smiley when they gave him the hat and he went on stage.

Wrong Carolina; there are two of them you know...

01 CB

03 RB

04 WR

06 S

07 RB

08 CB

10 RB

12 CB

8 skill first rounders out of 12 drafts. The defense will be improved, but I fail to see how the offense will be improved with the same cast.

I'm not sure but I don't think the draft is over. We can pick more players, right?

Let us not forget the teams that were in the playoffs, and the teams that are the best in the NFL - the teams Nix and Co. see us competing against - not to mention our own division's Champions, New England - are almost all powerhouse passing teams: New England, Houston, Now Denver, and teams on the other side like Green Bay, New Orleans, Giants, Detroit. The model of defense that we are implementing, which says that the 4 down linemen must be able to get to the QB by themselves, is, of course, a defense to beat these passing teams, and to terrorize QB's. Well, our secondary needed the influx of talent, and now we have the pressure AND the coverage. That will equate to very good defense.

We've still got the rest of the draft to get a WR, OLB, and LT.

I'd rather us end up, after round 3, with, say, Zanders at LT, Gilmore at CB, and maybe a Lavonte David, or a Wagner at OLB, than just having gotten LT Kalil. We needed the spread of talent - and Gilmore is the first step in that process! Good Pick!

Yeah, but you were loving Whitner too. And JP, and every other stupid selection the Bills have ever made. But cope the way you choose. It's OK. Wave pom poms with Promo. Ultimately, being happy is a better state mind than accepting reality I suppose.

And by "reality" you mean agrees with you?

I've been with you on your anti-CB rants in the past - but it doesn't apply here. Bills have needs at WR, LB, LT and DB. WR is deep in this draft, they'll get somebody in round 2 (or perhaps 3.) None of the other positions had anybody worth the 10th pick. It was Gilmore or Floyd and Floyd has a ton of bagage and WR is deep. It was a no-brainer choice for what the Bills needed.

So the Bills are NEVER allowed to pick a CB in the first RD?

What has picking a QB early in the draft in the past decade done, what has picking a tackle early in the draft in the past decade done, what has picking a WR early in the draft in the past decade, etc etc

Great point, maybe the Bills should just pass on their first rd picks