Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I soooooo want to see the news come down that the Bills and Cowher have agreed to a deal.

It is so much more than just finding the HC.

Its a really good HC. The move will send shockwaves around the AFC East and the NFL. People counted the Bills out and now they would be VERY relevant.

In order to bring Cowher here, they would have had to prove to him that winning is the #1 priority here and they are willing to do and spend what it takes to win and provide Cowher with an atmosphere where winning Super Bowls is possible.

I would be very excited to be a Bills fan

The Bills should sky write in NC by Cowhers house telling him Buffalo wants him lol I know they where kidding but man, wouldnt that send a message

That would send a message alright-a message that the Bills are having such a hard time talking someone into taking the job, one of only 32 such positions in the country, that we had to go to this embarrassing extent to try to beg someone to come here. You might as well go pee the words "Come to Buffalo" in the snow, or get your face tattooed with his picture. The billboards are bad enough, but at least those are focused towards the Bills and Ralph, but to start floating balloons by his house or flying planes over, he might file harassment charges against someone. If Cowher comes here, it is going to be because he thinks he can win here and likes the FOOTBALL situation, not because a bunch of desperate fans with nothing better to do are begging him to come here.

Well...it couldn't hurt to flood CBS with email for Cowher. I stole this from the BB MBs, so sue me. :w00t:

This reminds me of when Bills fans were "recruiting" TKO during a late season game in Buffalo right before he he became an UFA. That had some influence on his decision as I recall.

http://www.cbssports.com/cbssports/nfltoday

Cowher's pre-game show for the playoff games should be interesting...I wonder if he shoots down the rumors tomorrow?

If he categorically states "I will not coach in 2010; I will work for CBS next season," some folks here will still refuse to believe it. If he announces that he's flying to Buffalo on Monday to sign a contract, some folks here will still refuse to believe it.

It is so much more than just finding the HC.

Its a really good HC. The move will send shockwaves around the AFC East and the NFL. People counted the Bills out and now they would be VERY relevant.

In order to bring Cowher here, they would have had to prove to him that winning is the #1 priority here and they are willing to do and spend what it takes to win and provide Cowher with an atmosphere where winning Super Bowls is possible.

I would be very excited to be a Bills fan

I agree totally. If they land Cowher, it means way more than a HC. It will be tangible proof that Ralph now understands and has fully committed to building a championship team in Buffalo. Landing Cowher will be nice, but seeing THAT commitment will be huge!

I'm not so sure about all of the Cow-love. If I remember correctly, this organization has tried to import a few of the people at least partially responsible for Pittsburgh's success over the years, and we all know the results (Mularkey, Donahoe). To be honest, Cowher's record doesn't really impress me that much, and I'm not so sure that he can really turn this thing around.

Taking an objective look at the team we have, any coach worth his salt (and any blind guy for that matter) can see that our offense is abysmal, and will work to address our issues there. Our strengths (yes we do have some) are that we have a very young team, and a defense with the potential to be dominant.

If we take the perspective that we need to teach young guys how to play the game, there's no better candidate in my mind than Marty Schottemheimer. He is a teacher and a proven winner with multiple franchises.

If we lean more towards building a dominant defense and a competent offense, I believe Brain Billick has won a Super Bowl using that formula (my God, Trent Dilfer walks around with a Super Bowl ring!).

Looking a little closer, I'm not so sure Cowher is so worthy of a highway sign.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

If the Bills are pursuing Cowher, they're doing a good job of keeping the courtship out of the spotlight of the traditional media. Apart from the little-known Joe Logan, no one is reporting with clarity that Cowher could end up getting the job.

That said, we've picked up some indications via Cowher's Pittsburgh colleagues that there's some merit to the rumors of Cowher becoming the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

At least Florio is backing away from the "Cowher will never be the HC of the Bills" position that many sports writers have taken.

edit: If this has already been posted, I'm sorry. I checked the first and second pages and didn't see anything.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

At least Florio is backing away from the "Cowher will never be the HC of the Bills" position that many sports writers have taken.

edit: If this has already been posted, I'm sorry. I checked the first and second pages and didn't see anything.

To me Pittsburgh source makes perfect sense. Is'nt that where Bill would go looking for assistants (Dick Lebeau?).

Wow, that's an incredibly vague statement. Once again, nobody really knows anything at this point, and everybody is just guessing or throwing out possibilities.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/...gger-tim-graham

Katelyn (Syracuse, NY)

As you said it is a long shot for Cowher to go to Buffalo, but please tell me Buffalo will at least ask and make Cowher turn them down?

Tim Graham (1:13 PM)

I get the sense that may have happened a couple times already. Even so, I hear the Bills keep trying to win him over.

Schefter just on ESPN..

Now that Seattle has a head coaching opening, he now says "Cowher can be had if Seattle talks him into it and gives him enough power. Cowher is available for any team that looks good"

But

On Monday he said his sources told him: "Cowher not likely to coach next season because of no interesting openings"

Looks like to me that Schefter has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to Bill Cowher. He doesnt have any real sources close to Cowher.

Schefter just on ESPN..

Now that Seattle has a head coaching opening, he now says "Cowher can be had if Seattle talks him into it and gives him enough power. Cowher is available for any team that looks good"

But

On Monday he said his sources told him: "Cowher not likely to coach next season because of no interesting openings"

Looks like to me that Schefter has no idea what hes talking about when it comes to Bill Cowher. He doesnt have any real sources close to Cowher.

I guess things have changed now that Seattle is in play...

I do not see how the Seahawks are that much more attractive than the Bills. And, as I posted a little while ago, Seattle is a much longer flight from North Carolina than is Buffalo.

I did an internship on the west coast and it's a drag flying back and forth. I hated it. Even though California is beautiful, the long flights and time change wear you down.....

Schefter just on ESPN..

But

He just means Cowher is not going to coach in Buffalo in 2010. Now that there's another opening, it's possible he could coach next year, just not in Buffalo. I wonder how many times the Bills are gonna try to win over Cowher and be told "No Thanks" before they move on.

He just means Cowher is not going to coach in Buffalo in 2010. Now that there's another opening, it's possible he could coach next year, just not in Buffalo. I wonder how many times the Bills are gonna try to win over Cowher and be told "No Thanks" before they move on.

If Cowher publicly stated he was not interested in coaching the Bills it would end all speculation. So far, the Chin has remained mum.

Speculation, but fun to read.

Dungy also said that Vick would be a good fit in Buffalo once Philly releases him (there's no way they are going to pick up a $5 mill team option on him, esp with Kolb on the roster). Maybe Dungy can give us our new coach (Cowher) and our new qb (Vick). :thumbsup: Dungy

Well, we've already named the franchise after him.

:thumbsup: I like it! That should have been the Billboard that's going up:

Cowher... you have to come now.

We already named the team after you.

Go Bills!

Here are lyrics that should be sung to

I have a big obsession

I think it came from posts

And when he signs his contract

Then Cowher I shall toast!

Oh - Cowher, Cowher, Cowher

He is the coach that some want

With a great and big long chin

And when my Cowher's hired

He signs and then we win!

My Cowher's always playful

He loves to coach and spit

A winning game from Cowher

Is all we ask - no sheit!

With apologies to KTFABD and others.

I'm not so sure about all of the Cow-love. If I remember correctly, this organization has tried to import a few of the people at least partially responsible for Pittsburgh's success over the years, and we all know the results (Mularkey, Donahoe). To be honest, Cowher's record doesn't really impress me that much, and I'm not so sure that he can really turn this thing around.

Taking an objective look at the team we have, any coach worth his salt (and any blind guy for that matter) can see that our offense is abysmal, and will work to address our issues there. Our strengths (yes we do have some) are that we have a very young team, and a defense with the potential to be dominant.

If we take the perspective that we need to teach young guys how to play the game, there's no better candidate in my mind than Marty Schottemheimer. He is a teacher and a proven winner with multiple franchises.

If we lean more towards building a dominant defense and a competent offense, I believe Brain Billick has won a Super Bowl using that formula (my God, Trent Dilfer walks around with a Super Bowl ring!).

Looking a little closer, I'm not so sure Cowher is so worthy of a highway sign.

amen to that.

Cowher has credibility and his w/l record is very close to Marty's, but I do not get why everyone is on a Cowher or we are doomed kick.

With Buddy at the helm, I feel much better about the Bills getting good football people in - haven't felt that way in a while.

I think we need to start a movement of Move On Cowher. Sure doesnt seem like the guy wants to be here and alot of the Sttelers fans I talk to lately really feel he is overrated. I want the fire and would like him hired but as each day goes on not clear he has the desire to rebuild or desire to be in Buffalo.. Whichever its time to Move On Cowher. Go back to your seat next to your buddy Marino

I dont think he is overrated...

But it is time to move on, get off the Cowher or bust bandwagon

If he wanted to be here, he wouldn't be letting ESPN and the media say he wont be coaching in 2010. And he wouldn't let them basically say that he isnt interested in Buffalo