Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

Two planes today took off from the Buffalo area and landed at the regional Airport in Hickory, NC. One left this morning from Niagara Falls Airport and one left from the main Airport in Buffalo. Both landed in Hickory which is 30 miles from Cowhers home in NC.

One plane has already left Hickory and is en route to Niagara Falls and the other is still in Hickory.

Both of the planes are registered to companies in western NY but both have no affiliation with OBD or the Wilson's.

Remember though that RB used a friends plane to bring TO to Buffalo?

Food for Thought

Hickory is about a 3 hour drive from Raleigh, where Cowher lives. On the way down the interstate from Hickory to Raleigh, you would pass to major airports, 1 in Greensboro, the other in Raleigh.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could be right but I really think these writers have no real idea what they are talking about. Especially King as seen here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_ga.../26/ten_things/

If I'm New England Patriots owner Bob Kraft, I have to say no to Bill Belichick now, hire Tom Donahoe to run the football side of business, and get on with my life. Because if I'm Bob Kraft, this is the thought process going through my mind today as the Jets stonewall my compensation offer for Belichick and refuse to budge from their demand of New England's first-round draft choice in April's draft: I am willing to give a man with a coaching record of 37-45 full authority over all my football operations by naming him coach and general manager. I am willing to pay him in excess of $3 million a year. And now I have to throw in my first-round pick?

I'd take King's reporting with a huge grain of salt.

Two planes today took off from the Buffalo area and landed at the regional Airport in Hickory, NC. One left this morning from Niagara Falls Airport and one left from the main Airport in Buffalo. Both landed in Hickory which is 30 miles from Cowhers home in NC.

One plane has already left Hickory and is en route to Niagara Falls and the other is still in Hickory.

Both of the planes are registered to companies in western NY but both have no affiliation with OBD or the Wilson's.

Food for Thought

The Hickory Regional Airport is not 30 miles from Cowher's home - more like 200. It is outside Charlotte - Cowher lives in Raleigh

Eh, I think it seems like a pretty vindictive statement considering he claimed Schottenheimer wouldn't take the job and further claimed a large caveat for the job being so unattractive was that one of Marty's good friends was named GM. Also Billick hasn't exactly hidden his open campaign for the job (how many times does a guy have to bring up the fact that he hasn't been called yet). I'm a bit surprised because I usually find PK rather neutral on things. Again, not sure Cowher wants to actually come here but this seems like another statement that wasn't totally necessary.

The Hickory Regional Airport is not 30 miles from Cowher's home - more like 200. It is outside Charlotte - Cowher lives in Raleigh

You guys ever wonder if the reason these coaches aren't interested is because we're freaking them the hell out? Airport mileage from his house and flight tracking? Jodie Foster is sure to be impressed.

You guys ever wonder if the reason these coaches aren't interested is because we're freaking them the hell out? Airport mileage from his house and flight tracking? Jodie Foster is sure to be impressed.

Damn I better move my camped out position to the front of the house now that its dark someone may get suspicious that someone is in the fairway.

Mike as I stated above Hickory is 170 miles from Cowhers home here in Raleigh NC. KRDU is less than 10 minutes from his house and he was seen in raleigh today.

One approach to this, if you wanted to keep things "stealth", is to fly into an airport that the media would not expect you to use.

He could be right but I really think these writers have no real idea what they are talking about. Especially King as seen here:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_ga.../26/ten_things/

I'd take King's reporting with a huge grain of salt.

That's another problem with these guys. They become close friends with guys like Cowher and Donahoe when they are in the media with them and they think that they think of situations in the same way. It's easy when you've never coached before to just assume that a guy wouldn't enter a situation that you don't think he would but for a coach it's different. A coach is a coach. If Bill Cowher wants to coach, maybe he'll just come to Buffalo and coach. It's a lot more simple than these guys think it is sometimes.

Damn I better move my camped out position to the front of the house now that its dark someone may get suspicious that someone is in the fairway.

You covered yourself up good earlier when you said that he was "seen in Raleigh today", conveniently leaving out the source (your binoculars).

That's another problem with these guys. They become close friends with guys like Cowher and Donahoe when they are in the media with them and they think that they think of situations in the same way. It's easy when you've never coached before to just assume that a guy wouldn't enter a situation that you don't think he would but for a coach it's different. A coach is a coach. If Bill Cowher wants to coach, maybe he'll just come to Buffalo and coach. It's a lot more simple than these guys think it is sometimes.

FYI, King was quoting what the potential coaching candidate said to him. That this person "wasn't crazy about the Nix hire."

Then King went on to guess that the Bills would fly under the radar and end up hiring somebody like Marty's boy Brain.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm liking hiring Perry Fewell on the cheap more and more. Once the Bills eventually find a QB then maybe either Fewell has grown into the position or they could hire one of the big names who would no doubt be knocking on our door.

Not having a good QB to build with is killing us more than Nix.

Food for Thought

I sincerely hope you tackle your job with such gusto. If so, I would like to speak to you about some employment opportunities...