Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of these "insider" guys know any more than we do. After listening to them for years I've come to that conclusion. They just get paid to do basically what we do around here everyday for fun. When the Bills hire a coach, they'll tell us who it is. Until then it's all rumors and speculation and posturing and negotiating and selling newspapers.

Ok guys relax. Those planes are not Bills related no matter how cheap Ralph is. Weso they would not fly into hickory. This is not rocket science guys although wishful thinking. All you had to do is call Prior Aviation and if you get the right person on the phone they will tell you if Cowher was here and he has not been seen.

The comment about Nix came unexpected to me and sounded like a pretty low shot. I don't know much about Nix sans he used to coach right here in Chattanooga. I took King's comment as a shot at Nix's age, though 70 isn't all that old -especially when your talking about the Bills... From what we've learned, Cowher had some history with him and nothing negative was said.

Anyone have any insight about Buddy that some in the league don't like?

It wasn't a shot by King. It was a shot by King's source: one of the Bills coaching candidates. He said the source is a coaching candidate on other teams lists as well, so it must be a prominent one.

Can you explain why the Bills are flying people out to interview these guys instead of beckoning the people to come interview? Makes them seem like the fat broad that can't get a date to the prom.

Call us the "fat broad" or not, I think THEY have determined that as the underdog franchise they will not be able to take the standard approach but need to literally go the extra mile to show how much they want their guy. Actually I take it as symbolic of how much Ralph wants to win.

I think if they try to act as though they are a desireable destination, they have no chance to even GET IN FRONT OF a Cowher or Shanahan.

Can you explain why the Bills are flying people out to interview these guys instead of beckoning the people to come interview? Makes them seem like the fat broad that can't get a date to the prom.

under NFL rules, teams wishing to interview coaches on teams in the playoffs must travel to the coach, not the other way around. heck, if i were Leslie, i'd want to get out of minus-8 Minnesota and get to balmy Buffalo. ... :D

jw

If the first plane left half an hour before the second plane and traveled at a speed of 300 mph, and the second plane traveled at a speed of 325mph, when would the two planes meet?

A physics 101 problem! Niiiice! :D

under NFL rules, teams wishing to interview coaches on teams in the playoffs must travel to the coach, not the other way around. heck, if i were Leslie, i'd want to get out of minus-8 Minnesota and get to balmy Buffalo. ... :D

jw

Roger that. Props to my sometimes-favorite Canuck. :worthy:

If the first plane left half an hour before the second plane and traveled at a speed of 300 mph, and the second plane traveled at a speed of 325mph, when would the two planes meet?

HA! They'd meet over top of Cowher walking his dog 1/2 mile Northeast of his house.... :D

Only if it is capable of handling jets. If it is a short runway they may not.

KHKY has a 6,400 ft runway.

KRDU has a 10,000 ft runway.

So, although RDU may be better. HKY is probably sufficient.