Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As predicted, PFT is now running with this story as well.

Next thing you know this rumor will show up on Pardon The Interruption While I Talk Louder and then Circle Jerking Around the Horn

And maybe next Monday it will make Peter King's Top 33 Things He Thought He Thunk He Should Theoretically Throw Thru the 10 Things He Thought That He Thunk But Didn't Really Think Thru Thoroughly Tho He Thought He Thaw A Putty Tat

"Marty Schottenheimer, on the intro segment of his Sirius show just said that Cowher to Buffalo is a STRONG possibility! Said he believes it would be a great fit.

He was not responding to a caller. He brought up the topic on his own at the outset of the show. "

Anyone here hear this or able to give a more accurate desciption or confirm they heard the same thing???

someone else who listened on there also said....

"marty also said this isn't about money for cowher it's about being in the best situation to win."

Which would make sense that he's trying to get Russ and Ralph to sign off on being able to spend money to land top players.

Its true... heard about the same thing.... but I caught the very ending of it.

But unfortunately:

Schefter and ESPN already denied Marty's statement though by saying it isn't possible because their sources close to Cowher told them that he is resting on a hammock in North Carolina while taken breaks to walk his dog

I just didn't think Cowher was seriously interested. He would be coming into a turn around situation and is well aware of the minuses (and pluses?) of a cold weather city. I'm surprised he would give it serious consideration in that he has just moved south and had pretty firm plans about being more involved with his family. I like the guy and think he is a very good coach...but him coming here now just doesn't compute.

Which would make sense that he's trying to get Russ and Ralph to sign off on being able to spend money to land top players.

To hear something like that from Marty is Huge though with all the connections between Marty and Bill and Marty and Buddy...Could also be way Marty's son talked about how happy he is in NY...

Just wish I heard myself or from someone who doesn't make **** up...I dunno how credible some of the BB.com people are. The comments made and concurring comments were form Senior members for what it's worth...

I just didn't think Cowher was seriously interested. He would be coming into a turn around situation and is well aware of the minuses (and pluses?) of a cold weather city. I'm surprised he would give it serious consideration in that he has just moved south and had pretty firm plans about being more involved with his family. I like the guy and think he is a very good coach...but him coming here now just doesn't compute.

Well Marty Schottenheimer and Buddy Nix are close friends.... and then you have Marty and Bill Cowher who are also friends and talk alot :nana:

They were talking about Cowher returning to coaching. Marty was saying that he believes Cowher will eventually return to coaching. Since the Bills are about the only opening around, it's a possibility if Cowher does get back into coaching this year it would be with the Buffalo Bills. (You don't say.)

"Marty Schottenheimer, on the intro segment of his Sirius show just said that Cowher to Buffalo is a STRONG possibility! Said he believes it would be a great fit.

He was not responding to a caller. He brought up the topic on his own at the outset of the show. "

Anyone here hear this or able to give a more accurate desciption or confirm they heard the same thing???

music to my ears!! thanks for the update. yeah Marty is obviously an insider - very credible in this instance.

I read somewhere, not sure if accurate that Bills were 12 in salary paid this year - if accurate, that should comfort Cowher. They over pay for bad players; Pats underpay for good players. It's all about mgt- again obviously.

Also, I never heard that the Rooney family were big spenders?? So it's not as if he is coming from DC or Dallas and would be taking a major step down, etc