Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

They were talking about Cowher returning to coaching. Marty was saying that he believes Cowher will eventually return to coaching. Since the Bills are about the only opening around, it's a possibility if Cowher does get back into coaching this year it would be with the Buffalo Bills. (You don't say.)

:nana:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone else who listened on there also said....

"marty also said this isn't about money for cowher it's about being in the best situation to win."

Enter the Paradox. We need a coach because our situation to win needs help. We don't need a coach who simply wants to waltz into a winning situation.

Enter the Paradox. We need a coach because our situation to win needs help. We don't need a coach who simply wants to waltz into a winning situation.

Seriously, though, how many teams that are replacing coaches have great teams on the cusp of winning?

I just didn't think Cowher was seriously interested. He would be coming into a turn around situation and is well aware of the minuses (and pluses?) of a cold weather city. I'm surprised he would give it serious consideration in that he has just moved south and had pretty firm plans about being more involved with his family. I like the guy and think he is a very good coach...but him coming here now just doesn't compute.

When he coached at Pitt his family had a home in Raleigh. His wife is from this area, they both went to school here. The kids are in school here

When he coached at Pitt his family had a home in Raleigh. His wife is from this area, they both went to school here. The kids are in school here

Shouldn't you be keeping track of the Cowher's via the pine tree near hole #17?

If Schefter reports a source told him that Cowher will return to CBS, then it won't be Schefter who is wrong. It will be the source.

Dan Rather trusted a source once, too. Schefter is trying too hard to be relevant. His information should mean nothing to any of us. He's a maroon.

Seriously, though, how many teams that are replacing coaches have great teams on the cusp of winning?

With the right coaching staff and front office in place every team in the league is on the cusp of winning. In this watered down league it shouldn't take more than two years to turn things around.

I don't think he necessarily expects to go anywhere that's a winning situation, per se. I think he just wants the committment to get the tools (money) necessary to build a winning situation. Man, I hope this is true.

Tampa Bay (Gruden)

Sorry, let me clarify... how many teams that are currently looking for a new head coach are also on the cusp of winning.

People keep saying Buffalo is in such terrible shape; we need all new everything. But, wouldn't Cowher come into almost any of the teams that are looking for a new HC and want to pretty much change everything? Is Carolina's QB situation that much better than ours, for ex? Every teeam has it's weaknesses and strengths and any team looking for a new HC currently have more weaknesses than strengths.

Sorry, let me clarify... how many teams that are currently looking for a new head coach are also on the cusp of winning.

People keep saying Buffalo is in such terrible shape; we need all new everything. But, wouldn't Cowher come into almost any of the teams that are looking for a new HC and want to pretty much change everything? Is Carolina's QB situation that much better than ours, for ex? Every teeam has it's weaknesses and strengths and any team looking for a new HC currently have more weaknesses than strengths.

I'd take Moore over any of the QB's we had playing this year.

But how often sre Schefter's sources wrong? Schefter would not claim something if he didnt believe his source had connections

i would normally always believe schefter over anyone, back in his days of working for the nfl.

now working for espn and knowing how they want to be first in breaking news, along with wanting high ratings, i must put him in the same group as mort and clayton...........

schefter, unfortunately, has moved from nfl news reporter to just another opinionated espn talking head.........

and it's a shame, cause the guy was good at what he did.

With the right coaching staff and front office in place every team in the league is on the cusp of winning. In this watered down league it shouldn't take more than two years to turn things around.

There are more teams that have stayed in the hunt (been to the playoffs 6 or more seasons) this past decade than teams that have been shutout of the playoffs. In other words, it takes some real "luck" to be that bad. :nana:

But how often sre Schefter's sources wrong? Schefter would not claim something if he didnt believe his source had connections

Well since Schefter has went to ESPN he has been wrong with alot more than he was wrong about when he worked on NFLN. He was much more reliable on NFLN.... He has since then been mostly speculation. He was wrong about TO coming to Buffalo (Saying it wont be happening when rumors started). He was wrong about the Bills letting go of their coaching staff on Monday. He said according to his sources it was just speculation then Mortenson confirmed it about 10 minutes later. Schefter has been wrong about the Bills alot since switching to ESPN. He even denied the Bills talks with Mike Shanahan where false and then 2 days later they came to be true.

Schefter has very limited sources surrounding the Bills if you look all he has done is speculate about them.

Overall the level of silence regarding Cowher and the Bills is remarkable...No one really seems to have any reliable sources ont his one...what we are finding out though is that ESPN has been behind the pack when it comes to rumors around the Bills...