Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It means Cowher doesn't look so favorably on this cash to cap BS system Ralph has in place. Doubt Ralph (or should I say Littman) backs off on that one.

Can someone explain to me what the cash to cap system is. I remember hearing so much about it during the Peters situation and no one could ever clue me in on it.

Can someone explain to me what the cash to cap system is. I remember hearing so much about it during the Peters situation and no one could ever clue me in on it.

It's a policy used by many teams in the NFL that their yearly player salaries not exceed the NFL cap. There are numerous ways that a player is paid a certain amount, but does not count for the same amount against the cap. Basically put..they don't spend over the cap in any given year.

You basically don't morgage your team away. Some teams give player contracts that give alot of money. you get to many of those and you end up having to cut some people. Cash to CAP is actually good if you ask me. Cowher was a steeler for years. The steelers never spend anythign on Free Agents.

from the man, the legend, JOE LOGAN :

*update - thanks for all of your feedback. Just a global response to hubdreds of emails received...the source who informed me of the information is more than reliable, a friend, and absolutely connected to this situation. I believe everything that I was told and we shall soon find out how things unravel. I just wish people were more interested in the dissolution of the village than who our next head coach is going to be but I happen to think that this is much more fun to talk about just as you do...

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

from the man, the legend, JOE LOGAN :

*update - thanks for all of your feedback. Just a global response to hubdreds of emails received...the source who informed me of the information is more than reliable, a friend, and absolutely connected to this situation. I believe everything that I was told and we shall soon find out how things unravel. I just wish people were more interested in the dissolution of the village than who our next head coach is going to be but I happen to think that this is much more fun to talk about just as you do...

http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1228

just how many is a "hubdred"?

jw

ADD: and this being the bills, does Mr. Logan naturally assume things will "unravel"?

In this article from November, about Vietnam vets, a guy with the user name JIM KELLY responds. Obviously, this could be anyone just writing Jim Kelly but it just doesn't seem like the web site or the article would be a place where someone just writes "right on brother" and puts down Jim Kelly's name down. Weird.

Link- http://www.eastaurora.org/article.aspx?artno=1193

Edit- sorry I posted wrong url.

It basically means whatever cash outlay there is for the year they count against the cap, even though league rules allow you to amortize it (signing bonuses) over the life of the contract. So we sign a top 10 draft pick, and say one big name free agent, you could easily have 20 million in bonuses. The Bills count that 20 mil against their cap spending for the year, whereas under cap rules if you amortized it out over say 5 years it would only be 4 million towards the cap. Makes a big difference if you're trying to assemble a roster with playmakers.

My thought on the Cowher situation...

He is a very close second on my list next to Martyball (also doesn't want to come here), and I would be thrilled to have him here. BUT...If the guy truly doesn't want to come here unless he's just overwhelmed by an amazingly lucrative offer, then move on and get someone that wants to dig down in the trenches and get their hands dirty fixing this team. The only type of person really willing to do that may only be an up and coming coordinator. Hate to say it, I just hope for the best. Go Bills.

jw

ADD: and this being the bills, does Mr. Logan naturally assume things will "unravel"?

Shame on you JW!!!!! :thumbdown:

BTW, this thread F'n delivers!!!!

Can someone do a re-make of Xzibits "Yo-Dawg". Insert "I heard you like Bill Cowher so we put some Bill Cowher in your Bill Cowher so you can Bill Cowher while you Bill Cowher... "

Keep it up boys, great stuff here!!!

jw

:thumbdown:

They always seem to, don't they?