Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you admit you know nothing, but you made a thread bitching, anyway?

Yes, I believe its called having an opinion. Do you have one yourself, or do you just want to slam my post? In addition, I was also trying to add an element of humor to it, as I wondered out loud the order in which Wilson and Brandon have done things since they fired Jauron.

So what do you think? Obviously I'm not admitting I know nothing, since it is a fact that Wilson and Brandon interviewed Shanny in Denver before they hired Nix. If you come back and say they did that because they tried to offer Shanny the GM / Coach job together, then that would make sense. But then the Cowher interview after they hired Nix, and not including Buddy, doesn't make sense, does it?

Guest dog14787
Cowher kinda looks more than a little evil in that pic though.

Evil to the opposition maybe, looks like Football Heaven wearing a mustache to me...

This is so typical of the Ralph Wilson led Bills since the late 90's. First, Wilson and Brandon travel to Denver to interview Mike Shannahan. Then they make "covert" trips to North Carolina, where they may or may not be having secret contract negotiations with Bill Cowher himself. They made the Shannahan inteview public, but refuse to admit anything regarding Cowher, beyond one interview trip they made together. (Of course, all of this secret contract negotiation talk is most likely b.s. anyway, and there is nothing more to admit beyond that one trip.) THEN, they hire their GM, Buddy Nix, and THEN Ralph Wilson tells us Buddy Nix will hire the next coach. Now that's funny. The two highest profile coaches available sit down with Ralph and Russ, the first one had no idea who the GM would be, and the second one (Cowher) didn't even speak with Nix, if indeed Nix was the GM when he met with Ralph and Russ in the first place.

And now, it seems Nix and Brandon are FINALLY going to interview THEIR first coaching candidate together - Leslie Frazier the DC in Minnesota this week. For all I know, Wilson is going along, sitting with Russ in the front seats of Wilson's Jet, while Nix sits in the back row with luggage!

What are you saying? I don't get it. There was something wrong with the Owner and the GM/COO talking to the two highest profile available coaches a month ago with out consulting the public? Weren't people complaining that Ralph and Russ weren't doing anything after firing Jauron? This sort of stuff is ridiculous. It's pretty obvious they are interested in Cowher but it's not a sure thing so you move on with your list and interview the available candidates when you can. Are you pissed b/c you didn't get a season ticket holder call from Ralph telling you that he and Brandon are on the way to the airport in Ralph's Taurcedes to board a private jet to go talk to Cowher?

What are you saying? I don't get it. There was something wrong with the Owner and the GM/COO talking to the two highest profile available coaches a month ago with out consulting the public? Weren't people complaining that Ralph and Russ weren't doing anything after firing Jauron? This sort of stuff is ridiculous. It's pretty obvious they are interested in Cowher but it's not a sure thing so you move on with your list and interview the available candidates when you can. Are you pissed b/c you didn't get a season ticket holder call from Ralph telling you that he and Brandon are on the way to the airport in Ralph's Taurcedes to board a private jet to go talk to Cowher?

I guess it's the hiring of Buddy Nix as the GM, after they went after high profile Shanny and Cowher, that makes me laugh. And oh by the way, I'm not the only one, listen to or read up on Sully's recent thoughts on the Buddy Nix hiring. It's like they made a cursery effort to go after the best, and when that didn't work, they stopped interviewing young, sharp minded EXECUTIVES around the NFL, and just handed the GM job to good ol' Buddy who just happened to be already working at One Bills Drive. How could I be the only one to see this? Ralph should have said; "Since Russ and I could not get the coaches we wanted, we have now settled on 70 year old Buddy to do the job for us." Like I said, typical.

the point is you're bitching about how you think things actually happened

no one knows how anything went down so stop cryin about it

No problem, I'll stop "cryin about it". And am I to expect that noone else out here will complain about anything else the Bills do from now on, or if they do, you will call them out on it, as well??

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

I read this, stopped played some of that violin music they played when the Titanic was sinking read it again, and wept.

Beautiful! :D

Yes, I believe its called having an opinion. Do you have one yourself, or do you just want to slam my post? In addition, I was also trying to add an element of humor to it, as I wondered out loud the order in which Wilson and Brandon have done things since they fired Jauron.

So what do you think? Obviously I'm not admitting I know nothing, since it is a fact that Wilson and Brandon interviewed Shanny in Denver before they hired Nix. If you come back and say they did that because they tried to offer Shanny the GM / Coach job together, then that would make sense. But then the Cowher interview after they hired Nix, and not including Buddy, doesn't make sense, does it?

It might make sense that if Cowher or Shannahan had accepted the job, that Nix would be forced to have that person as coach. Ralph and Russ might even have told Nix that if Shannahan or Cowher will accept, he has to take them. I suspect that is pretty much what happened. You gotta remember, what you, I , and the rest of the fans get told doesn't make any difference in the win/loss column or how the football team does. So they run that operation how they see fit.

Is your point that you think the way they are going about the reorganization incorrectly because they interviewed two previous coaches (for what position on the team we don't know) before they hired a GM? Sounds like pent up anger to me, but hey, everyone is entitled to his/her opinion. Mine is that they knew they needed someone at the top of the football operation that was able to pick personel and had an idea on how to build a team. Seems to me that Shannahan and Cowher both fit that mold and Buddy Nix is now on board to ensure that we have someone who will fill that role.

I guess it's the hiring of Buddy Nix as the GM, after they went after high profile Shanny and Cowher, that makes me laugh. And oh by the way, I'm not the only one, listen to or read up on Sully's recent thoughts on the Buddy Nix hiring. It's like they made a cursery effort to go after the best, and when that didn't work, they stopped interviewing young, sharp minded EXECUTIVES around the NFL, and just handed the GM job to good ol' Buddy who just happened to be already working at One Bills Drive. How could I be the only one to see this? Ralph should have said; "Since Russ and I could not get the coaches we wanted, we have now settled on 70 year old Buddy to do the job for us." Like I said, typical.

Well, like everyone else in the western world, they probably assumed Shanny wanted a say in GM decision-making, either directly or through his hand-picked GM. So, why would Ralph and Russ pick a GM BEFORE talking with Shanny. Given the title he just took with the Redskins, a sort of co-GM with Allen, Ralph and Russ would have been correct in this thinking.

Now, the interesting thing is the timing of the Cowher visit and the promotion of Nix. It can be assumed that Cowher may also have wanted final say in GM type decisions. Given that within days after visiting with Cowher, Nix gets promoted, and Cowher has yet to come out and distance himself from the Bills job, the natural deduction is that the Nix promotion may have been floated to Cowher who did not reject the idea. Hmmmm.

So exactly who did they interview who fit that description? I think Cowher was the youngest outside of Fewell.

Also, way to use Sully to back up your arguement. Why don't you go on a college basketball board with that post!

I know right. God forbid the Bills hire a well respected talent evaluator for GM. :D

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

This should have gone on the billboard

:D

Well, like everyone else in the western world, they probably assumed Shanny wanted a say in GM decision-making, either directly or through his hand-picked GM. So, why would Ralph and Russ pick a GM BEFORE talking with Shanny. Given the title he just took with the Redskins, a sort of co-GM with Allen, Ralph and Russ would have been correct in this thinking.

Now, the interesting thing is the timing of the Cowher visit and the promotion of Nix. It can be assumed that Cowher may also have wanted final say in GM type decisions. Given that within days after visiting with Cowher, Nix gets promoted, and Cowher has yet to come out and distance himself from the Bills job, the natural deduction is that the Nix promotion may have been floated to Cowher who did not reject the idea. Hmmmm.

You and your calm logic are not welcome here sir! Billsphan (probably a fish fan anyways) obviously knows the Bills intimately.

thread killer......lol

This is so typical of the Ralph Wilson led Bills since the late 90's. First, Wilson and Brandon travel to Denver to interview Mike Shannahan. Then they make "covert" trips to North Carolina, where they may or may not be having secret contract negotiations with Bill Cowher himself. They made the Shannahan inteview public, but refuse to admit anything regarding Cowher, beyond one interview trip they made together. (Of course, all of this secret contract negotiation talk is most likely b.s. anyway, and there is nothing more to admit beyond that one trip.) THEN, they hire their GM, Buddy Nix, and THEN Ralph Wilson tells us Buddy Nix will hire the next coach. Now that's funny. The two highest profile coaches available sit down with Ralph and Russ, the first one had no idea who the GM would be, and the second one (Cowher) didn't even speak with Nix, if indeed Nix was the GM when he met with Ralph and Russ in the first place.

And now, it seems Nix and Brandon are FINALLY going to interview THEIR first coaching candidate together - Leslie Frazier the DC in Minnesota this week. For all I know, Wilson is going along, sitting with Russ in the front seats of Wilson's Jet, while Nix sits in the back row with luggage!

What the hell are you talking about?