Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, a head coach needs to do a lot of things such as game planning, personnel development, in game decisions, choosing key plays etc. That need not be told to anyone on this board. I just don't see Cowher consistently beating a Belicheck coached team. We have been getting our rears handed to us by BB for years now. We need someone who has gone against the best and planned plus had his team ready to beat the likes of BB. Seeing what Cowher did in Pittsburgh seems entirely underwhelming in most of the above aspects.

I just fervently hope that Nix has the good sense to abandon the pursuit of Cowher, if indeed one is on-going. That would be the preferred outcome as it will show Nix's savvy. The other option is Cowher refuses to come here which, while won't speak to the new FO's skills, will still be better than if he really did come on board.

I have never logged so many hours on TSW and by doing so have gotten to know more and more of you fine people :w00t: Also, it has increased my post count lol

But more importantly, getting to know you all :unsure:

i like it - seeing the good in a tough situation

I agree that some aspects of this frenzy have been positive, but overall I have to say I am stunned by how so many posters react to the various media articles. Don't mean to sound like a snob but the fact is that many people either can't read, or are completely unable to decipher nuances of the english language.

And unfortunately, when emotions run high, the IQ level plummets dramatically.

Seriously, it makes me fear for the future of this democracy - to think these people are actually allowed to vote, is very scary to me.

How about a timely reminder:

"I'm NOT going to be the Alabama coach" said angrily, by a guy who accepted the job about a week or so later.

No matter what anyone says - ESPECIALLY publicly, nothin's off the table until we hire the coach or a candidate is contractually unable to accept the job.

Yours truly,

Bill Cowher optimist

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...ag-bill-cowher/

If the Bills are pursuing Cowher, they're doing a good job of keeping the courtship out of the spotlight of the traditional media. Apart from the little-known Joe Logan, no one is reporting with clarity that Cowher could end up getting the job.

That said, we've picked up some indications via Cowher's Pittsburgh colleagues that there's some merit to the rumors of Cowher becoming the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.