Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

I think we need to start a movement of Move On Cowher. Sure doesnt seem like the guy wants to be here and alot of the Sttelers fans I talk to lately really feel he is overrated. I want the fire and would like him hired but as each day goes on not clear he has the desire to rebuild or desire to be in Buffalo.. Whichever its time to Move On Cowher. Go back to your seat next to your buddy Marino

lets try this again....i apologize for the link last time.....it did work for me, just not everytime. that last thread got locked.

http://pittsburghskyline.com/content/2006/...-in-raleigh-nc/

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lets try this again....i apologize for the link last time.....it did work for me, just not everytime. that last thread got locked.

http://pittsburghskyline.com/content/2006/...-in-raleigh-nc/

Link did work , seems alot of Steelers love for Cowher shown. But I am sure we can find similar feelings on Marv., Many loved him but some of the members of this board appeared to be on a vendetta.

Oh well whenever the hire is made many will love it and many will hate it, its the nature of our politics and our beings these days.

Link did work , seems alot of Steelers love for Cowher shown. But I am sure we can find similar feelings on Marv., Many loved him but some of the members of this board appeared to be on a vendetta.

Oh well whenever the hire is made many will love it and many will hate it, its the nature of our politics and our beings these days.

is that his house?

I think we need to start a movement of Move On Cowher. Sure doesnt seem like the guy wants to be here and alot of the Sttelers fans I talk to lately really feel he is overrated. I want the fire and would like him hired but as each day goes on not clear he has the desire to rebuild or desire to be in Buffalo.. Whichever its time to Move On Cowher. Go back to your seat next to your buddy Marino

Great! Now are chances of getting Cowher just went progressively down the toilet. Thanks :rolleyes:

Thinking further on a passage from jw's article tonight. Follow me here:

"Declining to place a timetable on the search, Wilson said 'we don't want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick.' He then added: 'We don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name.'"

By definition, entering into talks with Cowher totally invalidates the literal meaning of Ralph's statement that "We don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name." Obviously, the Cowher name IS splashy and they DO want him. What Ralph was really trying to say is, "we don't want to RUSH into hiring a coach with a splashy name." - Thus, trying to buy LOTS of time by creating the illusion that the Bills could be really beating the bushes, big time, in this search.

In this game of chicken, Ralph isn't granting an interview because he's bored - he does it to put out the desired message and gain some benefit out of it. So the SOLE reason for Ralph granting an interview today, was to put the idea out there that this could take a long, long time. I think he's trying to buy someone some time. For what purpose.......

Here's a theory - what if the Bills and Cowher have completed all the necessary groundwork to reach a tentative agreement that says, IF no other more appealing vacancy opens by X date, then Cowher and the Bills have a done deal. However, if another more attractive team comes along before X date, Cowher is free to sign with that team by X date and in that event, the tentative Cowher-Bills deal is automatically invalidated.

Admittedly, if the Bills consented to something like this, they have knowingly set themselves up as the ultimate "fat girl/safety net". But think about it. If Ralph has decided to go "all in" for Cowher in one last attempt to literally "go out in a blaze of glory", AS IN, MAKE COWHER HIS PARTING GIFT TO THE FANS, how could Ralph possibly make his HC vacancy more attractive to Cowher at this stage, than to grant him the ultimate latitude. By allowing Cowher the option of finding another, more attractive place to land if one opens up within a timeframe that still will allow the Bills to continue the search with minimal competition for HC vacancies, then the Bills have absolutely leveraged their current situation to the max in order to land the one guy they really covet.

Crazy theory maybe, but it fits Ralph's supposed burning commitment to winning, Cowher's desire to coach this year but yet to find the best possible situation, Cowher's continued lack of a clear response back to the Bills, and Ralph's attempt to buy time with today's interview.

Flame away, all.

If the news out of Seattle is correct then Cowher still only has the Bills gig. In the meantime we interview. The offer is out there but the Bills cannot wait forever.

PTR

Nope. If the Cowboys get booted in the Wild Card game, Dallas is looking like a pretty sweet option.

If the news out of Seattle is correct then Cowher still only has the Bills gig. In the meantime we interview. The offer is out there but the Bills cannot wait forever.

PTR

At least they are in a position where they can hold off a little bit. No other teams are talking new HC's right now and some other coaches are unavailable due to playoff commitments. Right now Buffalo is in position to snag a good coach who really wants the job vs. having to contend with other teams.

Agreed, very remote theory.

Got another theory that fits what we know?

My theory is Cowher has balked, but we won't take no for an answer. We finally reach a point where we can't give him everything he wants (such as scrapping cash to cap), and I have a sinking feeling they hire Frazier.

At least they are in a position where they can hold off a little bit. No other teams are talking new HC's right now and some other coaches are unavailable due to playoff commitments. Right now Buffalo is in position to snag a good coach who really wants the job vs. having to contend with other teams.

We are all thinking about the facts as they exist today, but Cowher is picky and I'm sure will hold out as long as he can. He's drooling over a Dallas loss tomorrow.

Envision this one:

You are Jerry Jones. Your division rival just landed a new, rock star coach. It's Saturday night and you just lost in the Wild Card round. Your coach is Wade "no charisma" Phillips, and your QB is entering his prime. Are you telling me you wouldn't IMMEDIATELY go after a Bill Cowher?

If you can't envision that scenario, you better believe Cowher can.

Go Cowboys!

Thinking further on a passage from jw's article tonight. Follow me here:

"Declining to place a timetable on the search, Wilson said 'we don't want to rush into hiring a coach just to be hiring somebody quick.' He then added: 'We don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name.'"

By definition, entering into talks with Cowher totally invalidates the literal meaning of Ralph's statement that "We don't want to hire a coach with a splashy name." Obviously, the Cowher name IS splashy and they DO want him. What Ralph was really trying to say is, "we don't want to RUSH into hiring a coach with a splashy name." - Thus, trying to buy LOTS of time by creating the illusion that the Bills could be really beating the bushes, big time, in this search.

In this game of chicken, Ralph isn't granting an interview because he's bored - he does it to put out the desired message and gain some benefit out of it. So the SOLE reason for Ralph granting an interview today, was to put the idea out there that this could take a long, long time. I think he's trying to buy someone some time. For what purpose.......

Here's a theory - what if the Bills and Cowher have completed all the necessary groundwork to reach a tentative agreement that says, IF no other more appealing vacancy opens by X date, then Cowher and the Bills have a done deal. However, if another more attractive team comes along before X date, Cowher is free to sign with that team by X date and in that event, the tentative Cowher-Bills deal is automatically invalidated.

Admittedly, if the Bills consented to something like this, they have knowingly set themselves up as the ultimate "fat girl/safety net". But think about it. If Ralph has decided to go "all in" for Cowher in one last attempt to literally "go out in a blaze of glory", AS IN, MAKE COWHER HIS PARTING GIFT TO THE FANS, how could Ralph possibly make his HC vacancy more attractive to Cowher at this stage, than to grant him the ultimate latitude. By allowing Cowher the option of finding another, more attractive place to land if one opens up within a timeframe that still will allow the Bills to continue the search with minimal competition for HC vacancies, then the Bills have absolutely leveraged their current situation to the max in order to land the one guy they really covet.

Crazy theory maybe, but it fits Ralph's supposed burning commitment to winning, Cowher's desire to coach this year but yet to find the best possible situation, Cowher's continued lack of a clear response back to the Bills, and Ralph's attempt to buy time with today's interview.

Flame away, all.

toss in a grassy knoll, three hobos, and jerry jones atop the texas book depository, and you're on to something.

We are all thinking about the facts as they exist today, but Cowher is picky and I'm sure will hold out as long as he can. He's drooling over a Dallas loss tomorrow.

Envision this one:

You are Jerry Jones. Your division rival just landed a new, rock star coach. It's Saturday night and you just lost in the Wild Card round. Your coach is Wade "no charisma" Phillips, and your QB is entering his prime. Are you telling me you wouldn't IMMEDIATELY go after a Bill Cowher?

Go Cowboys!

You know I wouldn't put it past "Jer-uh" to fire Wade, even if he wins a Super Bowl.

PTR

Envision this one:

Go Cowboys!

I just cannot see Bill Cowher or anyone of HIS stature, wanting to work for Jerry Jones.

i honestly think that the bills are waiting for Cowher to accept the bills job. if cowher removes himself from the bills job, Nix will immediately make contact with Marty Schottenheimer. i think it would be embarrassing to Marty to get him dangling, only to pull the rug out from under him if cowher says yes.