Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we can look at it this way.. Cowher hasnt came out and said he wasnt going to coach, so they must be talking. Wilson needs to just give him what he wants and back off.

He should just offer him the Executive VP of Football Operations role and get it over with.

Cowhers Pittsburgh colleagues say:

"there's some merit to the rumors of Cowher becoming the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills."

-So with that said. Thats now 3 sources apparently close to Cowher and the Bills that have basically said there's a good change. With Joe Logan reporting he has sources close to the Bills, Marty Schottenheimer who is good friends with Cowher, and now Cowher's Pittsburgh colleagues.

-Adam Schefter however started a widespread rumor on Tuesday that "Cowher no going to Coach in 2010, Schefter's sources say he isn't involved in contract talks with the Bills, instead he is in NC walking his dog"

Seems like Schefter doesn't really have a clue what hes talking about the past 6 months regarding the Bills. Or are Cowhers close friends clueless? I would think that Cowhers friend Schottenheimer and his former Pittsburgh colleagues have more insight than Adam Schefter (who has lost alot of credibility since joining ESPN, he was once great with NFLN)

I am sure as hell not....I just soo want this to end soon, but I will be crushed again by this team if they hire a scrub....

I am with you, I wish they would hire somebody already as I don't have the patience to wait. I am actually optimistic that we will end up with Cowher, or Billick at the very least.

I am with you, I wish they would hire somebody already as I don't have the patience to wait. I am actually optimistic that we will end up with Cowher, or Billick at the very least.

In the past with us hiring coaches, I have never had such little patience...probably because we haven't gone after a big name....I am expecting it is gonna be a Coordinator with an outside shot of Marty. If Cowher happens I think it has to be today, I just don't see how it can string out to CBS tomorrow and Sunday...

IF he was going to be the coach.He would be signed by now. And we still wouldn`t be LOOKING. :w00t::lol:

Not necessarily. And are we really looking? It seems to me like all they've done so far was give Perry his courtesy interview and then interview Frazier to avoid an embarrassing Jerry Gray type situation.

Not necessarily. And are we really looking? It seems to me like all they've done so far was give Perry his courtesy interview and then interview Frazier to avoid an embarrassing Jerry Gray type situation.

Exactly right. Cowher has not said he plans to return to CBS next year. The Bills have the only open job right now. To me, that means there's a solid chance he's considering the Bills' job.

Thats the way I see it as well.

They have only had meetings with: Cowher, Frazier and Fewell. One could argue that they may have talked to Marty Schottenheimer as well (considering him and Buddy are close friends) And they contacted Jim Harbough and they had a "level of interest" talk (aka stealth talk)

Thats the way I see it as well.

They have only had meetings with: Cowher, Frazier and Fewell. One could argue that they may have talked to Marty Schottenheimer as well (considering him and Buddy are close friends) And they contacted Jim Harbough and they had a "level of interest" talk (aka stealth talk)

And just think about 2006. There were confirmed reports of interviews with Dick Jauron, Dom Capers, Mike Sherman, Jim Caldwell, Bobby April, and James Lofton. The lack of information now makes a strong case that the Bills are trying their hardest to bag Cowher, Marty, or maybe Billick.