Cowher the Cowher is Cowher for Cowher in Cowher's Cowher

bills_red

Overall the level of silence regarding Cowher and the Bills is remarkable...No one really seems to have any reliable sources ont his one...what we are finding out though is that ESPN has been behind the pack when it comes to rumors around the Bills...

i'm willing to bet berman isnt behind the pack. he may know more than anyone at espn about the bills, but wont spill the beans out of respect to the guys he knows from the b-lo

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, I can't remember Schefter being wrong about anything in the past. This flies in the face of what he's reporting.

Yesterday, Schefter was on Sirius NFL Radio and basically admitted he was wrong about Tampa "reaching out" to Cowher. Schefter said that the previous night (Tuesday), "very high ranking officials" of the Bucs' called him & basically yelled at him for reporting completely false rumours. I thought that was very telling. Of course, he didn't admit he was wrong, he just suggested that his "sources" were wrong.

When he coached at Pitt his family had a home in Raleigh. His wife is from this area, they both went to school here. The kids are in school here

There isn't a job available in Charlotte yet. Bill Cowher could be getting 8 mil a year for 5 years in Buffalo with a great scout getting him talent and a strong say in players needed.

Bills fans would worship him. Carolina fans wouldn't care.

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

Imagine your legacy once you take us to and win the long overdue super bowl hell maybe two or three. You would have turned a once proud buffalo bills back into a winner and you already gave the Steelers one for the thumb. You would own the cities of Buffalo and Pittsburgh and could even make a political run (see Jack Kemp) if you wanted too. imagine the crowd at your hall of fame ceremony. they would have to make the stadium bigger. In case you didn't know us bills fans are the reason they moved the ceremony to the stadium. By the way how many Panther fans come that ceremony I can count them on my hand. Wouldn't it be fun to tell all your friends I took the bills not the cowpokes, Deadskins or Panthers but the bills to the top of the league. Hell you could call Shanny and say you a@# buffalo was the best job out there, how's that whole Danny boy situation going. Hell look at Jimbo Kelly he Stuck his nose and went to the USFL only to fall in love with this town and it's awesome fan base. Remember we sell out this old wreck of a stadium. how about all those Cowher jerseys in the stands. Not many coaches have that. In final could you please sign up to help us fans we derserve better and your it so come on Applebee's on me.

the 12th man

perfect.

This is so typical of the Ralph Wilson led Bills since the late 90's. First, Wilson and Brandon travel to Denver to interview Mike Shannahan. Then they make "covert" trips to North Carolina, where they may or may not be having secret contract negotiations with Bill Cowher himself. They made the Shannahan inteview public, but refuse to admit anything regarding Cowher, beyond one interview trip they made together. (Of course, all of this secret contract negotiation talk is most likely b.s. anyway, and there is nothing more to admit beyond that one trip.) THEN, they hire their GM, Buddy Nix, and THEN Ralph Wilson tells us Buddy Nix will hire the next coach. Now that's funny. The two highest profile coaches available sit down with Ralph and Russ, the first one had no idea who the GM would be, and the second one (Cowher) didn't even speak with Nix, if indeed Nix was the GM when he met with Ralph and Russ in the first place.

And now, it seems Nix and Brandon are FINALLY going to interview THEIR first coaching candidate together - Leslie Frazier the DC in Minnesota this week. For all I know, Wilson is going along, sitting with Russ in the front seats of Wilson's Jet, while Nix sits in the back row with luggage!

This is so typical of the Ralph Wilson led Bills since the late 90's. First, Wilson and Brandon travel to Denver to interview Mike Shannahan. Then they make "covert" trips to North Carolina, where they may or may not be having secret contract negotiations with Bill Cowher himself. They made the Shannahan inteview public, but refuse to admit anything regarding Cowher, beyond one interview trip they made together. (Of course, all of this secret contract negotiation talk is most likely b.s. anyway, and there is nothing more to admit beyond that one trip.) THEN, they hire their GM, Buddy Nix, and THEN Ralph Wilson tells us Buddy Nix will hire the next coach. Now that's funny. The two highest profile coaches available sit down with Ralph and Russ, the first one had no idea who the GM would be, and the second one (Cowher) didn't even speak with Nix, if indeed Nix was the GM when he met with Ralph and Russ in the first place.

And now, it seems Nix and Brandon are FINALLY going to interview THEIR first coaching candidate together - Leslie Frazier the DC in Minnesota this week. For all I know, Wilson is going along, sitting with Russ in the front seats of Wilson's Jet, while Nix sits in the back row with luggage!

So, you admit you know nothing, but you made a thread bitching, anyway?

the 12th man

Oh one more thing there Big Bill....... us good ole boys in Buffalo? We're the marrying kind.

(I think he has a daughter)

Nice job SunTan.

So here's the thing....

What we are really talking about here:

$7M more a year for the head coach

$5M more for the staff ($1M for each coordinator position and maybe $200K-300K more for the assistants)

$20M more in bonus and salary money for the players

That's $32M

Toronto Revenue stays the same for the next couple of years at about $15.75M per year

Bills operating profit today is about $25M (The Toronto money plus about $10M)

To keep the revenue at $25M we would need to find $32M in revenue..but lets assume Ralph will split the difference with us fans--we pay half and he cuts his revenue to $16M a year...

Each game day generates about $60 per fan in net per game (Concessions, parking, ticket price suites, etc. included) -- we have 9 X 73,000 per seat to work with to drive the added $16M. Thats..$24 per seat more add in higher concession prices and parking prices...the ticket price has to go up by about 3/4 that amount -- or $18 per seat/game. $18 x 9 - $162 a year

So my question is -- would you be willing to pay about $160 more per seat per year to get Bill Cowher and split the difference so that Ralph remains in the black. I am..

Let's get this !@#$ing deal done.

Guest dog14787

the 12th man

and do it for Ralph, he's not going to live forever...