Pegulas selling 25% of the Bills, per Tim Graham

On 4/20/2024 at 7:09 AM, ddaryl said:

FYI.. The NFL put a kabosh to that right after Greenbay did it.  

Buttheads!  Man, had I not grown up as a Bills fan, I think I’d stop being an NFL fan.  Their greediness and attitudes are getting to be too much.

8 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Buttheads!  Man, had I not grown up as a Bills fan, I think I’d stop being an NFL fan.  Their greediness and attitudes are getting to be too much.

If the Bills ever move from WNY I will no longer be watching the NFL myself. If the cost to watch a full season climbs more I will start fading away. Really tired of multiple streaming services to be able to watch a full season.

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

If the Bills ever move from WNY I will no longer be watching the NFL myself. If the cost to watch a full season climbs more I will start fading away. Really tired of multiple streaming services to be able to watch a full season.

Looks like it’s going to get even worse this season what with the FOX Sports streaming service.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

The NFL has eaten itself to death.  It's grown to become an insatiable pig.  

The Bills, in Buffalo, is the only reason I watch any of it anymore.  I typically don't even watch the Super Bowls anymore.  

To each his own, but I have difficulty with anything that has become entirely about money to the extent that integrity is compromised.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The Bills, in Buffalo, is the only reason I watch any of it anymore.  I typically don't even watch the Super Bowls anymore.  

To each his own, but I have difficulty with anything that has become entirely about money to the extent that integrity is compromised.  

completely agree with you. I haven't watched a superbowl in over a decade.

I can not stand the over the top pageantry of the event.

Edited by ddaryl
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

nothing last forever....but the bills will remain in WNY for a very long time.....stop fretting

and in the unlikely event some new owner after the pegulas, winds up moving the team.....i will still cheer for them.

it'll be a sad day....but life and wealth roll on.

my enjoyment of the Bills and NFL football will never wane.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

completely agree with you. I haven't watched a superbowl in over a decade.

I can not stand the over the top pageantry of the event.

It's a pop-culture extravaganza, not something designed for football fans.  It's grown to become that over the years.  

I'll watch it if we're in it if course.  I'd turn it off at half time though.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, PBF81 said:

It's a pop-culture extravaganza, not something designed for football fans.  It's grown to become that over the years.  

I'll watch it if we're in it if course.  I'd turn it off at half time though.  

I remember the year the Simpsons ran an episode during halftime... That was my favorite halftime but that was like 20 years ago

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/20/2024 at 2:15 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Terry peg was 20 years old when Kim was born 

I highly doubt she was his first love.. more like I'm 45 and see a hot 25-year-old and I'm rich so why not see what happens 

Terry was basically 40 when she became legal aged... Terry did what a lot of millionaires do and married a much younger woman

Age has nothing to do with your first love ! Matter of fact i see a lot more people that are married multiple times before they actually find their true love & this may be the cases with the Pegs .

Okay i'll give you the deal as far as me saying his "First True Love" but she may be just that his 1 true love /

48 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Maybe if you are around long enough, it will all circle back to the way it used to be. For example, clothing styles and vinyl records!

On 4/19/2024 at 1:25 PM, The Wiz said:

This about sums it up. 

As much as the Buffalo Bills have appreciated in value, selling the 25% to finance everything seems pretty smart to me.

His net worth has been rising every year and he just sits back from now on and makes money.

As for the "investor", if it's a guy who wants to get his name in the running for a team of his/her own in the future, it makes sense.

In the meantime, he sits back and makes money for doing nothing. 

• Like (+1) 2

Was at my grandkids birthday yesterday. My son and his Bills frenzied fanatic season ticket holder friends were in Bills draft mode. But, I was taken back a bit by their not so enthusiastic picture of the Bills future and their somewhat wavering commitment to continue going to games. They’re all around 40, do well, have had seasons since 2018.

Between waiting to hear where their seats could be, the PSL cost, the ability to be able to resell their tickets while figuring if they can recoup the PSL cost, and now this latest news, has them thinking somewhat differently than a year ago when I was last with that bunch. 

Again, it just surprised me and made me wonder how widespread has this type of perspective gained footing.

Edited by US Egg
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DaVinci said:

Wish I had Bezos type money. "Here, and put a dome on it and refund all the PSL'S.

Without getting on a soapbox: Good people would never earn Bezos type wealth. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Dying to find out where the sweet spot is where you contend you cross over the ‘not good person’ line. I wanna make sure I turn back before that point. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Dying to find out where the sweet spot is where you contend you cross over the ‘not good person’ line. I wanna make sure I turn back before that point. 

I'd rather not be dragged into a moral discussion about hoarding obscene wealth.

I won't bother coming up with a number. It's like Potter Stewart said, "I know it when I see it."

58 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'd rather not be dragged into a moral discussion about hoarding obscene wealth.

I won't bother coming up with a number. It's like Potter Stewart said, "I know it when I see it."

Sounds good. You remain at your post! We need you on that wall. 😉

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, T master said:

Age has nothing to do with your first love ! Matter of fact i see a lot more people that are married multiple times before they actually find their true love & this may be the cases with the Pegs .

Okay i'll give you the deal as far as me saying his "First True Love" but she may be just that his 1 true love /

I think there's a difference between your true love and first love as u also said 

Why the hell would you be getting down on your knee and proposing to a woman that you didn't love? 

And Terry was married before....

So Kim may be his true love and love of his life but absolutely not his first... Because the dude already loved another wife

That was more my point that he's already been married... So definitely not first love 

Plenty of people find soulmates later in life

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

Right. Same with poor people - once you cross over that poverty line, chances are, you’re a bad person. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/19/2024 at 1:59 PM, sven233 said:

Man.....it's like buying 25% of a money printing press.  Could only dream of an opportunity like this.  Someone is going to get the opportunity of a lifetime here.  Good for them.

Buying a minority position in a private company, yeah good luck with that.  Depending upon how it is structured you are totally at the whim of the Pegulas, they dont want to distribute profits/cash flow, your 25% is worthless until they decide to sell out  or offer you to sell you  an incremental 26% for a controlling interest.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Buying a minority position in a private company, yeah good luck with that.  Depending upon how it is structured you are totally at the whim of the Pegulas, they dont want to distribute profits/cash flow, your 25% is worthless until they decide to sell out  or offer you to sell you  an incremental 26% for a controlling interest.

I wonder how many teams are owned 100% by a single person/family and how many have investors. I think investors are a fairly common thing, and they have nothing but the best legal and financial advisors. This isn’t like us buying a vacation home with my sister-in-law. You can do your billionaire buddy a favor by letting him inside. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Without knowing the bolded part it’s pretty tough to make an informed assessment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

9 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

You know what’s odd - I’ve been to countries where the average Buffalonian has “obscene wealth”.  I’ll stick with judging someone by the content of their character.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think there's a difference between your true love and first love as u also said 

Why the hell would you be getting down on your knee and proposing to a woman that you didn't love? 

And Terry was married before....

So Kim may be his true love and love of his life but absolutely not his first... Because the dude already loved another wife

That was more my point that he's already been married... So definitely not first love 

Plenty of people find soulmates later in life

Well to answer the question about why you would get down on your knee to propose the first time to a woman that you didn't love .

To be very crass It's called ***** and the infatuation or lust of it there in ! And that sometimes makes a younger/older man blind in certain situations to be very truthful .

A lot of young men that have been married more than 1 time would probably admit that their first "Love/marriage" had much more to do with lust than love, only to later in life find out what real love is .

But maybe that's just me . So although i do get your point about the difference in your first & true love - then there is that ...

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Bockeye said:

You know what’s odd - I’ve been to countries where the average Buffalonian has “obscene wealth”.  I’ll stick with judging someone by the content of their character.

Relativism and whataboutism is not a good way to form an argument, but I'll indulge just because I'm bored. 

The world's poorest of the poor live on around $2.15 a day, or $785 a year. Let's say that the average Buffalo household is pulling in 78k, which is around the national median. So the average Buffaloian is pulling about 100x a year what someone in South Sudan is making.  Big difference, sure.

Bezos net worth increased 77 billion dollars last year. That's 1,000,000x times the average Buffaloian salary. The average Buffaloian is much closer to the earning potential of someone in South Sudan than they are Jeff Bezos, it's an incomprehensible amount of wealth. 

Now you might be tempted to say, "That's not just income, that's also his capital assets appreciating", which is true. Well let's take in the median net worth of Americans (I can't quickly find the median net worth of specifically Buffaloians, but it's probably lower than the median), $192,700.  What Bezos earned on just appreciating assets and salary is roughly 500,000x the net worth of the median American, the culmination of their assets and debts for their entire life.

You don't get to that point without the manipulation of laws, regulations, and the exploitation of labor. I have no problem with rich people, I'm far from some communist, but when there's someone who made in one year that would take an average person 100,000x lifetimes to earn is obscene. You simply cannot be hoarding that kind of wealth and still be a moral person in modern society. 

Edited by Bruffalo

9 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Relativism and whataboutism is not a good way to form an argument, but I'll indulge just because I'm bored. 

The world's poorest of the poor live on around $2.15 a day, or $785 a year. Let's say that the average Buffalo household is pulling in 78k, which is around the national median. So the average Buffaloian is pulling about 100x a year what someone in South Sudan is making.  Big difference, sure.

Bezos net worth increased 77 billion dollars last year. That's 1,000,000x times the average Buffaloian salary. The average Buffaloian is much closer to the earning potential of someone in South Sudan than they are Jeff Bezos, it's an incomprehensible amount of wealth. 

Now you might be tempted to say, "That's not just income, that's also his capital assets appreciating", which is true. Well let's take in the median net worth of Americans (I can't quickly find the median net worth of specifically Buffaloians, but it's probably lower than the median), $192,700.  What Bezos earned on just appreciating assets and salary is roughly 500,000x the net worth of the median American, the culmination of their assets and debts for their entire life.

You don't get to that point without the manipulation of laws, regulations, and the exploitation of labor. I have no problem with rich people, I'm far from some communist, but when there's someone who made in one year that would take an average person 100,000x lifetimes to earn is obscene. You simply cannot be hoarding that kind of wealth and still be a moral person in modern society. 

Please define “a moral person.” 

BTW - “hoarding” has a negative connotation which kind of gives you away. Is Bill Gates “moral”? He’s using his wealth to try to fix the world, while he encourages others to do the same. Is he a moral person, in your eyes? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Please define “a moral person.” 

BTW - “hoarding” has a negative connotation which kind of gives you away. Is Bill Gates “moral”? He’s using his wealth to try to fix the world, while he encourages others to do the same. Is he a moral person, in your eyes? 

Hoarding is negative. I don't see how that "gives me away", there isn't a situation where hoarding anything is a positive. It's inherently bad for democracy to have single individuals control that amount of wealth, unless you believe in the concept of a benevolent oligarchy, which has never really existed. 

Morality doesn't have any one agreed upon code, but you can boil my position down to this: Exploitation of others is immoral. Utilizing labor without compensation congruent to output is exploitation. The 1% of the 1% do this on an unfathomable scale, therefore the omega wealthy are immoral. 

It's immoral to enrich yourself at the expense of greater society once you've passed a certain threshold. When you're at a point where another hundred million is just numbers on a spreadsheet to you, I'd argue that you've got enough.

You can argue that it's good business though, and I won't disagree.

Bill Gates, for all the good he's doing now, absolutely did not earn his wealth in a moral manner. Microsoft was ruthless in the 90s/2000s, and to pretend otherwise is silly. I'm glad that he's trying to use his wealth to help and champion causes now, but that doesn't mean that he acted morally to get where he is today. 

We don't need to have mega billionaires in order for the Amazons, Telsas and the Microsofts in the world to exist. We can do better. 

• Haha (+1) 1