OJ Simpson dead at 76

Bigvinny

I remember during that time thinking how dumb it was that the defense was making a case that the police set up OJ or framed him. and how gullible the jury was.  I mean in order to frame OJ, it would have to be known in advance that OJ’s whereabouts for that 45 mins or whatever could not be proven. So what if he was at a game?, or a restaurant with friends, or a gala, or somewhere in another town. I guess the police would’ve looked pretty stupid “planting” all that OJ evidence.   He was so guilty a little child could see through all the lies.  I mean a cop used the N-word ten years earlier so clearly he was framing OJ.  yeah ok.

The public and everyone loved OJ back then, right up until he did what he did. 

2 hours ago, Beast said:

The fact that the jury consisted of 8 blacks, 2 Hispanics, 1 half-Caucasian, half Native American, and 1 Caucasian female…..then the lead investigator, Mark Fuhrman, lying about using the N word…..and the prosecutor’s stupid tactic of making OJ try the glove on led to the not guilty verdict. Plain and simple.

Read Outrage! by Vince Bugliosi if you want to know why Clark and Darden blew a slam dunk.

A hell of a running back but a deeply flawed human being.

He's number 8 on the list of most rushing yards in a season but all the guys above him did it in 16 games. He ran for 2003 yards in 14 games.

For comparison, Eric Dickerson holds the rushing title at 2105 yards in 16 games. That's an average of about 130 yards per game. Very good but OJ's average was 143 yards per game. And he did it on a mediocre team when the D knew they'd hand the ball to him.

Props to his O line -- the Electric Company -- because they would turn on the Juice:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_Company_(football)

• Thank you (+1) 1

I know it's easy to cast aspersions at Mr Simpson, but...

Who among us has not murdered our wife and her waiter friend a time or two, and then, after acquittal, written a book called "If I Did It"? 

Let he who has not committed a double murder and then brazenly mocked the justice system via a cheeky, taunting book publication cast the first stone!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Who did they release for that? Wow.. so all someone has to do is accuse me of something and my career is over.  Hilariously sad times we live in. 

Really?  Did you just become a Bills fan in the last 6 months?  

4 hours ago, Beast said:

Well, he didn’t become Edward Scissor-hands until after the Bills 4 Super Bowls.

I’m willing to entertain the possibility that we might be dealing with multiple curses here.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Personally I think it would be sad if the Bills didn't acknowledge his death. He was a GREAT Buffalo Bills player. I've met OJ on multiple occasions throughout my life and he's been one of the most approachable, gracious, ex-football players I've met. I wonder if any of the people that calls him a terrible human being ever met or spoken with him? Maybe he had a Jekyll/Hyde personality. I've had the pleasure of speaking to Dr. Jekyll each time

not a peep on the official board. a wall of fame member has died and no peeps. The court of opinion at One Bills Drive has spoken. With its silence.

I understand it. I wonder if USC has a fan board and what their reaction to this news is. Crickets is the safest bet.

• Agree 1

Used to run into OJ, a few Bills , back in the day on Sunday nights at Mulligans on Hertel  during the football season.. very affable.. didnt engage in conversation, just a brief "good game"  kind of stuff in passing.. very nice guy.. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsPride12 said:

This take I agree with, in a later post I clarified I was strictly referring to the posts where their only comment was either celebrating or mourning the guy.  Many people had posts acknowledging their fond memories of OJ the football player while also mentioning it is tough celebrating him as a human being which is more than fair.  But when finding out the news that OJ passed away and your first and only comment is Oh wow he ran for 2000 yards in a season it's kind of a joke IMO

While that take is more than fair, there is also nothing wrong with the take of commenting only on his football accomplishments. This is after all a Bills football fan forum, and OJ was possibly the greatest Bill ever. This is not a forum on society or the failings of humans who happen to play football. To these things, having no comment at the time of OJ’s death actually says quite a lot. 

40 minutes ago, Logic said:

Who among us has not murdered our wife and her waiter friend a time or two, and then, after acquittal, written a book called "If I Did It"? 

Let he who has not committed a double murder and then brazenly mocked the justice system via a cheeky, taunting book publication cast the first stone!

Alan Watts would be proud! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Right.  The classy posters here will surely speak well of him. 

There is no need to say anything at all about him. May his family and those who loved him be well.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Q: What's the last thing O.J. said to Nicole Simpson?

A: Your waiter will be with you shortly...

lol I could give this post a rainbow of emojis...funny. sad. mad, all of them. I'll go with funny It's my default especially on a chat board 🙂

:-) hahahaaa

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Logic said:

I do still find it amusing that he made that book and because he'd lost the civil case he then lost control of the rights to it and they then changed the cover to this.

61APIeH8ihL._SY425_.jpg

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, mannc said:

Is it a Bills football website, or not?  Simpson was found not guilty of murder, just like Tyreek Hill was never convicted of domestic abuse or whatever it is that people here constantly smear him with.  I don’t see the hypocrisy you’re talking about.

That doesn’t mean much. Especially if you watched the trial. 

• Agree 1

Couldn’t have happened to nicer guy…,

• Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, dwight in philly said:

Used to run into OJ, a few Bills , back in the day on Sunday nights at Mulligans on Hertel  during the football season.. very affable.. didnt engage in conversation, just a brief "good game"  kind of stuff in passing.. very nice guy.. 

I probably was there when you were 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Even if he was pretending to be innocent he sure was able to show so much compassion for the situation :rolleyes:

Nothing screams innocence more than re-enacting a scene from the movie “psycho”to describe how the mother of your children was murdered. Seems normal to me. 

• Agree 2

Few here even remember Simpson’s college career. I followed it intensely. Most -if not all USC games in his senior year were televised because of his on field exploits. As a forlorned Bills fan then, 1968 was a terrible year. We lost 5 QBs to serious injury, eventually turning to seldom used WR Ed Rutkowski to finish the season. Throughout that bitter campaign, all Bills fans kept an eye on O.J. as we may well earn 1st overall pick in ‘69. I vividly recall the fear and tenseness the final weeks of that season as Philly was equally inept on the field and it very close. Then Philly won a game very late and we ‘earned’ the 1st pick. WNY was beside itself with anticipation and when he 1st reported he was swarmed over at the airport. One of my favorite players at the time was Gary McDermott (no relation) who wore #32. So O.J. was issued #36 and there are many pics available of him wearing that number. But McDermott was cut at final cutdown and the number given to Simpson. Gil Perrault and Bob McAdoo were huge 1st rounders but they paled in comparison to the arrival of O.J. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Gil Perrault and Bob McAdoo were huge 1st rounders but they paled in comparison to the arrival of O.J. 

None of those three could hold a candle to John Hummer!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, mannc said:

Four posts in and you've managed to say absolutely nothing...are you going to contribute to the thread or not?

I know you don't realize it but my point is made and says plenty! Have a great night!

21 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Few here even remember Simpson’s college career. I followed it intensely. Most -if not all USC games in his senior year were televised because of his on field exploits. As a forlorned Bills fan then, 1968 was a terrible year. We lost 5 QBs to serious injury, eventually turning to seldom used WR Ed Rutkowski to finish the season. Throughout that bitter campaign, all Bills fans kept an eye on O.J. as we may well earn 1st overall pick in ‘69. I vividly recall the fear and tenseness the final weeks of that season as Philly was equally inept on the field and it very close. Then Philly won a game very late and we ‘earned’ the 1st pick. WNY was beside itself with anticipation and when he 1st reported he was swarmed over at the airport. One of my favorite players at the time was Gary McDermott (no relation) who wore #32. So O.J. was issued #36 and there are many pics available of him wearing that number. But McDermott was cut at final cutdown and the number given to Simpson. Gil Perrault and Bob McAdoo were huge 1st rounders but they paled in comparison to the arrival of O.J. 

And then the Bills’ coaching brain trust decided OJ was best used as a decoy in his first three years in the NFL…

• Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

This is such a joke of an argument.  I think there's a lot of people in here who never watched the OJ Simpson Made in America documentary which was well done.  He just simply was not a good person.  He was not only a sociopath but a huge NARCISSIST who was good at tricking people into thinking he was a decent guy.  To me the fact that all of his old inner circle from back in the day walked away from the guy is most telling.  They would know better than any of us. I get he was a great football player I really do but I think sadly some fans really seem to struggle letting go of those feelings of him being a great ball player.

I read these posts and not sure if I should laugh, get mad, or cry; man we got problems! But hey this America 2024!

30 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I had two turtles I kept in one of those little oval turtle habitats with the plastic palm tree.  They were named OJ and Sogge.  Steve Sogge was the USC quarterback.  That’s how big OJ was.  Knowing he could be a Bill had a seven year old following USC’s college team.

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I remember seeing some special regarding his college career when we drafted him. I was a kid, and I think that might be the most excited I have ever been about the Bills. It was THAT BIG! 

• Like (+1) 1