Milano as trade compensation

9 hours ago, JMM said:

Why not package Milano AND Josh for the number one overall...🙄🙄🙄🙄

I think they could get number one overall for Josh and keep Milano.  Trading Milano and Josh for the number one overall would be a big fleecing.

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I love Milano and am certainly not looking to find holes in his game or a way for him off the team.

Having said that, he is a quality asset valued around the league.

If moving him now would make the team BETTER OVERALL, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Who wouldn't?

I would say the same of almost anyone on the team save Josh.  

How would a 5th or 6th round draft pick make the team "BETTER OVERALL"?

9 hours ago, Blackbeard said:

Well, i think to regroup a  bit.  We need to restock with young legs, etc.   Kinda part of the biz.

A package deal sending him elsewhere for another player and a draft pick may not be a bad option.  

Younger and cheaper is what were up against.  

The Bills are already "younger and cheaper".    Furthermore, the Bills can't afford to trade Milano because of the cap hit.     :doh:

7 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

This isn't about what I want to happen. It's about the best options available to get the talent we need and get younger and cheeper.

Dude, wake up and smell the coffee.  The Bills have already gotten "younger and cheaper".   They don't need to trade away one of their best defenders for next to nothing.  

6 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Why do some look at this like a 1 offseason Madden rebuild?  Milano is our best defender.  Why trade him and create another hole on the roster?  A few extra picks to package for Marvin Harrison?  You dont fill a hole by making another.

This trade idea conjures up shades of the Bills back in the darkest days of the Drought when Russ Brandon traded future HOF LT Jason Peters for a pick at the bottom of the first round and a couple of years later traded away future All Pro RB Marshawn Lynch for a fourth rounder.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yes he plays LB.. not Edge/OLB. Milano has value but not enough given age and his contract. Why would the Bills trade him for a 4th or 5th? Then we have an additional spot where depth is an issue. He is a game changer on this D and imho not enough return back for his Bills value. 

Did you read the other guys post And then mine? I would never trade Milano for a 4th or 5th nor did I ever suggest such a thing. 

I was simply refuting the guy’s claim that LBs without double digit sacks don’t have value. I’m quite literally saying they do have value and mentioned Milano as one that has a ton.  I’m very confused by your comment here. 

39 minutes ago, warrior9 said:

Did you read the other guys post And then mine? I would never trade Milano for a 4th or 5th nor did I ever suggest such a thing. 

I was simply refuting the guy’s claim that LBs without double digit sacks don’t have value. I’m quite literally saying they do have value and mentioned Milano as one that has a ton.  I’m very confused by your comment here. 

Got ya my miss..

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Matt Milano. 

The all pro best LB on the roster, whos replacement was already drafted.  Would it be crazy for them to trade him now on an attempt to move up? Possibly.

But he has had some availability issues over the years. And the negative is him coming off a knee injury, but otherwise this would be a perfect sell high moment.

If a team was willing, it would be perhaps the best way to move up without sacrificing a boatload of future picks 

Discuss 

60 people voted on your post and not a single like or thumbs up. Gotta be a record. What a terrible post by you lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Matt Milano. 

The all pro best LB on the roster, whos replacement was already drafted.  Would it be crazy for them to trade him now on an attempt to move up? Possibly.

But he has had some availability issues over the years. And the negative is him coming off a knee injury, but otherwise this would be a perfect sell high moment.

If a team was willing, it would be perhaps the best way to move up without sacrificing a boatload of future picks 

Discuss 

So you want to pose trading the absolute best player on defense by a mile.  Brilliant.  Some people have way too much time on their hands.  Hey, let’s trade Josh.  Silliness.

Every player on the roster should be considered available for trade at the right price.  I would even trade Josh Allen, as long as the compensation was Patrick Mahomes and a couple of first round draft picks. I don't understand how anyone evaluates the pluses or minus of only one side of the trade.  For example, I would certainly trade Milano for the #5 overall draft pick.  I would not trade him for the #180 overall pick. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

So you want to pose trading the absolute best player on defense by a mile.  Brilliant.  Some people have way too much time on their hands.  Hey, let’s trade Josh.  Silliness.

Cause when has our defense shown up when it counts anyways?

This is not an opinion of what I think they should do, I'm saying it's a possibility that is all.

This forum was way more sane during the drought years. Y'all get all emotional over players now.

It's a smart move business wise if they got a good return.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1

12 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Cause when has our defense shown up when it counts anyways?

This is not an opinion of what I think they should do, I'm saying it's a possibility that is all.

This forum was way more sane during the drought years. Y'all get all emotional over players now.

It's a smart move business wise if they got a good return.

Let me guess, you're Russ Brandon's mom or RB himself.   Amirite?

4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

60 people voted on your post and not a single like or thumbs up. Gotta be a record. What a terrible post by you lol

I've never given out 2 vomit emojis to any poster until this thread.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, warrior9 said:

A 4th or 5th rounder is a ton of value?  Roquan is as get as it gets at the position and went for a 2nd rounder at age 25.  McCaffrey went for a 2nd rounder too.  Non-rush LB’s are in same boat as RB’s   

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. I'm trying to bring ideas that crazy or not could happen.

There's literally multiple page thread on trading kair elam and he can't even crack our roster that's all likes. That's the credibility of the haters. Why would anyone want him now? You'll get nothing for him. Let's talk real returns on players or actual value.

So honestly the critique of those who are too bitter to see the business side of things has no effect on me.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Vomit 1

12 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yeah, lets just trade away ALL of our locker room leadership...

I know we want to get younger, but Milano is the Josh Allen of the defense. We need him to anchor the unit & be the general out there.

I want to see if he’s named captain. He’s never been the leader type. Bernard shows a lot of those characteristics. 

On 4/11/2024 at 8:54 AM, Sharky7337 said:

Matt Milano. 

Discuss 

What the f*ck did I just read?

2 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

I'm not trying to win a popularity contest. I'm trying to bring ideas that crazy or not could happen.

There's literally multiple page thread on trading kair elam and he can't even crack our roster that's all likes. That's the credibility of the haters. Why would anyone want him now? You'll get nothing for him. Let's talk real returns on players or actual value.

So honestly the critique of those who are too bitter to see the business side of things has no effect on me.

I’d rather trade Elam than the heart of our defense. I vote we keep our best players. There is no way Milano would bring enough in trade value to make this reasonable, IMO. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Sharky7337 said:

Are you that dense that you don't understand why trading Elam could be a good idea vs trading milano which would be terrible considering his value now is at an all time low. You want to trade the heart and soul of this defense for a 4th rounder ?

On 4/11/2024 at 9:05 AM, BuffaloRebound said:

Doubt he’s worth more than a 4th/5th rounder at this point.  LB’s who don’t have double digit sack numbers aren’t valued very highly in today’s NFL.  I’ll be glad to have him back, but likely his best days are behind him.  

Roquan Smith got traded for a second and fifth from Baltimore, and I think Milano is a better player

• Disagree 1

3 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

A 4th or 5th rounder is a ton of value?  Roquan is as get as it gets at the position and went for a 2nd rounder at age 25.  McCaffrey went for a 2nd rounder too.  Non-rush LB’s are in same boat as RB’s   

Lol what? Where did I say that? Did you even think about reading the post? I said "I never suggested that nor would I do that" 

A second rounder is a prettttty high return for ANY player. Diggs just went for a second? LOL. 

Matt Milano. 

Discuss 

You will not get a boat load of picks in return and you open another hole.  Not smart.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

A healthy Milano is the bills defensive MVP. Trading him right now you won’t get more than a 4th. His value on the bills far outweighs his value on market. Actually you can argue more than any other player on team his value on team is greater than market.  Josh is by far the most important player and position one of the best in NFL. However, he would yield a kings ransom in a trade (that I don’t ever want to see happen) 

• Like (+1) 1

Torrence or Cook would pry move the needle the most in terms of assets to use to try and trade up to get one of those big three WR's.  That's if the team wants players and not picks.

Matt Milano. 

Discuss 

I really think he is more valuable than a draft pick.  The Bills need him and his experience.

• Like (+1) 1

Matt Milano. 

Discuss 

Washyermouthout with soap, young man! 🤬

• Haha (+1) 4

At first blush it sounded crazy. But the more information that has come out about, not just the severity of his injury, but the complexity of it has me worried. The way people talk about it, it sounded like a baffling freak injury. And after Tre, I don’t have the highest expectations anymore. I would listen to offers if there was interest. 

8 hours ago, benderbender said:

At first blush it sounded crazy. But the more information that has come out about, not just the severity of his injury, but the complexity of it has me worried. The way people talk about it, it sounded like a baffling freak injury. And after Tre, I don’t have the highest expectations anymore. I would listen to offers if there was interest. 

he showed up walking just fine at the trainings this week 

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/12/2024 at 9:02 AM, Roundybout said:

Roquan Smith got traded for a second and fifth from Baltimore, and I think Milano is a better player

What? Milano is a good LB with injury history, Roquan might be the LB and he also stays healthy

Edited by uticaclub