NFL Opens 3rd Helmet Design to All Teams

22 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How would this differ from throwback uniform week when they wear the standing Buffalo helmet?  

I’ve never understood that part 

You couldn't change the color of the helmet but could change the decal.  Our current and throwback helmet was white.  Teams can now wear two different colored helmets.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

You couldn't change the color of the helmet but could change the decal.  Our current and throwback helmet was white.  Teams can now wear two different colored helmets.

it reads like teams can wear their vintage / throwback / possibly brand new design  with whatever uniform they choose

• Disagree 1

Please let New Orleans bring out the Old Gold to match their awesome throwbacks. Why they went with a black alternate helmet last year is just beyond me. Like pairing a $5,000 bottle of wine with a peanut butter & jelly sandwich on wonderbread.

Haven’t heard anything about us adding a red helmet Kelly-era throwback. Maybe they’re waiting until the new stadium? But why?

Edited by UConn James
  • Thank you (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

Gee I hope they do something completely new.  I was never a fan of the red helmets

Were you old enough for the SB runs? Because I feel like those that don’t love those iconic uniforms weren’t around for those runs. 

Maybe I’m wrong though! 

• Agree 9

2 minutes ago, DJB said:

Were you old enough for the SB runs? Because I feel like those that don’t love those iconic uniforms weren’t around for those runs. 

Maybe I’m wrong though! 

I was around then, and the red helmets are fine for once a year. I like the white helmet better. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. The Bills have great uniforms with the exception of the POS looking all blues and reds.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I was around then, and the red helmets are fine for once a year. I like the white helmet better. The charging Buffalo stands out more on the white helmet. The Bills have great uniforms with the exception of the POS looking all blues and reds.

I guess for me those runs made a huge impression on me and I love the 90’s reds

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DJB said:

I guess for me those runs made a huge impression on me and I love the 90’s reds

Those were great times and the red end zones looked great as well. For me the Bills have the perfect uniforms with the white helmet. Blue over white, white over blue, and the all whites look sweet.

• Like (+1) 1

I wasn't a big fan of the switch-over to red helmets at the time, and I still prefer the look of the white ones, but they grew on me and they are nostalgic, so I'm good with them bringing them back for a game or two.  This is similar to the Sabres' black and red goathead uniforms.  Wasn't a fan of them at the time and don't particularly like them now, but they are nostalgic and a part of the team's history, so wearing them from time to time is fine with me (although I think they overdid it a bit this season).

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gregg said:

Agree about the all-reds or all-blues. They look like pajamas.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Utah John said:

Agree about the all-reds or all-blues. They look like pajamas.

I think the Bills started to notice that most fans don't like them as well. Last year blue over white was the primary home look. I remember them wearing the all blues week 1 at MetLife but I don't recall them wearing them at home. If they did it was only once or twice. In 2022 I think they wore the all blues for most home games.

Well the one thing we can agree on is that the NFL is genius when it comes to finding ways to make money.  New unis, new helmets will just bring in cash, and also doing this in April is a great way to re-energize interest prior to the draft.  

If the Bills don't roll out the red helmets and throwback sets now, they're just throwing money away.

Judging by social media, fan demand is incredibly high for them, and tons of people would happily shell out money for the new merchandise.

I'm honestly not sure why they haven't rolled them out already, unless they're waiting for the new stadium or planning to make a primary uniform switch.

People want the red helmets twice a year. Give them the red helmets. I really, truly don't understand why they haven't done this yet.

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

Well the one thing we can agree on is that the NFL is genius when it comes to finding ways to make money.  New unis, new helmets will just bring in cash, and also doing this in April is a great way to re-energize interest prior to the draft.  

Then we get the schedule release in May.