Josh Allen Snapped at Diggs - Per Tim Graham

wppete

Per Tim Graham Josh Allen snapped at Stephon Diggs after the Jets loss. Explains alot.

"Josh Allen snapped at him, and he said 'It's one f****** game' and motioned I'm not talking to you here," Graham said. "Diggs walked away and Josh sat there...He didn't snap at anybody else. A stream of players were coming over, popping him on the shoulder pads, or patting him on the back, or dapping him up. Whatever Stefon Diggs said to him, Josh Allen wasn't having it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-trade-argument-new-york-jets#:~:text="Josh Allen snapped at him,back%2C or dapping him up.

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, wppete said:

Per Tim Graham Josh Allen snapped at Stephon Diggs after the Jets loss. Explains alot.

"Josh Allen snapped at him, and he said 'It's one f****** game' and motioned I'm not talking to you here," Graham said. "Diggs walked away and Josh sat there...He didn't snap at anybody else. A stream of players were coming over, popping him on the shoulder pads, or patting him on the back, or dapping him up. Whatever Stefon Diggs said to him, Josh Allen wasn't having it."

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/buffalo-bills-josh-allen-stefon-diggs-trade-argument-new-york-jets#:~:text="Josh Allen snapped at him,back%2C or dapping him up.

I hate media for posting crap stories like this.  They just lost... to the jets... on MNF... with rodgers injured on like the first snap of the game.  

Everyone is pissed off, especially Josh who played like garbage in the game.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

We already have a thread on this. 

But yea, the breakdown between Stef and Josh is sad as much as anything. When those two were on and united the first 2 and a half years it was like poetry in motion at times. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 5

It’s interesting to talk about right now because he was just traded and it’s the off-season but I am looking forward to another two weeks when we really start to focus on who is on and who will be on the team. Putting Diggs in our rearview mirror will be a good thing.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

We already have a thread on this. 

But yea, the breakdown between Stef and Josh is sad as much as anything. When those two were on and united the first 2 and a half years it was like poetry in motion at times. 

Thank 👍…. . Missed. Please merge.  

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

Zimmer and the Vikes' run-first offense.

McD's coaching in 13 seconds

Players quitting throughout the 2022 season.

Josh checked out and befuddled in the Cincy game.

Dorsey on the wrong track to start 2023.

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

444046dd-1bb8-4024-99b6-019a16c38eeb_tex

• Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well it's Josh's team now and there is NO ONE left that would dare call him out, even if/when he is playing like crap and possibly not as dedicated to his craft as he needs to be. So we'll see.

Interesting enough, Diggs has never actually been WRONG about any of his many complaints over the years.

Sorry Josh didnt want to hear that his dumb decisions and 3 ints cost us an easy Jets win.

meh. being right is easy imo

making it work when things aren't going right is much more difficult but that's what actual winners do

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Digg's could use little attitude adjustment.  Over on Houston Texans forum, people are not liking having this guy in the locker room already.  It's been a mixed bag and they too are complaining about him trying to be a devia at WR and he has not even played one game for them yet.  Saying he is going to compromise CJ and his play on the field...  You can't make this stuff up with Digg's.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

meh. being right is easy imo

making it work when things aren't going right is much more difficult but that's what actual winners do

Only so much one WR can do 🤷‍♂️

• Eyeroll 2

1 minute ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Who cares? Honest to God who gives a damn. This is old BS that the Stupid assclown media is trying to stir up. **** the media.  Like another poster said, draft a WR and lets get to work. 

They need off-season content. This is one of the two dead periods in the NFL schedule, so they are reaching just to fill up the air time. 

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

There’s an element of truth to this too.

im not sure Josh needs to be around a bunch of yes men. I don’t think that’s healthy for him or his growth. 

Hard to know who was more in the wrong with that situation. I wanted to reach through my screen and shake Josh silly after throwing a pop fly to a double covered Harty.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

Then a few games later:

Happy when things are going good and a problem when things aren’t going good isn’t something that you want from a leader in the locker room 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This is all really ridiculous. Someone snaps at a teammate and we're all going nuts. Haven't we all snapped at friends, family and so forth?  The media really drove this one in my opinion. I'm not saying there wasn't other issues, but to spend so much time talking about someone yelling at someone seems too wimpy. 

"We're feared competitors out here"

"it's a tough game for tough people"

"Just please don't yell at me. I can't take it". 

• Agree 3

He mentioned that in the podcast video someone linked in another thread. 

Not a huge fan of Tim Graham but he has my respect for keeping that under wraps, especially for the whole season, and not outing a potential rift in the QB/WR dynamic that has had so much success for our team. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Players snap at other players all the time.   This is all nonsense.

Week 1 of the season? Ha!

Diggs was the only one per the report… That in itself is telling. 

Everyone else? Consoling Josh and essentially telling him we got this/his back. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think Diggs is the type of guy who gets emotional and will say stuff right or wrong. McKenzie essentially confirmed this is just how he is. Josh probably didn't want to hear whatever was said at the time and snapped back. Don't think it was that big of deal at the time. People get mad say things and move on. I do think there were bigger issues between the team and Diggs. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Incidents like this.. players snapping at each other in the locker room after  a tough unexpected loss … would happen quite regularly in team sports… 

Im not saying there weren’t issues with Diggs and Allen ..  but this particular story is a nothing burger in my opinion ..

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Week 1 of the season? Ha!

Diggs was the only one per the report… That in itself is telling. 

Everyone else? Consoling Josh and essentially telling him we got this/his back. 

Some snap.  Some console.  Some retire.  haha.

Gist is that it happens.  And who cares really.  I'm not about to start throwing crap on a WR that brought this team a TON of success and excitement over the last bunch of years.

The media is just bored.

• Like (+1) 1

I am starting to agree with Diggs more and more. We will always be loyal Bills fans, and if Diggs is still playing in the league five years from now, that will be impressive. He recognized that the team was not going to make it to the Super Bowl and made the decision to leave. I wish him the best of luck, and I would always choose Buffalo over Houston any day. However, if we get eliminated from the playoffs, I might root for another team for the first time since I was 12. Instead of being bitter and angry, I would just root for Diggs.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Incidents like this.. players snapping at each other in the locker room after  a tough unexpected loss … would happen quite regularly in team sports… 

Im not saying there weren’t issues with Diggs and Allen ..  but this particular story is a nothing burger in my opinion ..

I think it's more of how it was directly at Diggs when other players were talking to him as well.  I get that these these probably happen after a loss but it definitely adds to the idea that there was already issues between the two and that Diggs probably said something less than uplifting to Allen.

Just now, The Wiz said:

I think it's more of how it was directly at Diggs when other players were talking to him as well.  I get that these these probably happen after a loss but it definitely adds to the idea that there was already issues between the two and that Diggs probably said something less than uplifting to Allen.

I don’t think there is more to it then Diggs having a crack at Allen about one of his mistakes in the game and Allen biting back … Im sure it was forgotten about by the next training session and they went on to play pretty well over the next three weeks 

11 minutes ago, Blackbeard said:

Some snap.  Some console.  Some retire.  haha.

Gist is that it happens.  And who cares really.  I'm not about to start throwing crap on a WR that brought this team a TON of success and excitement over the last bunch of years.

The media is just bored.

I don’t. Just reading into what’s being reported it’s quite the thing to be saying to the guy who’s carrying the franchise the very first week. 

What I actually care about regarding this type of event is if anyone got into Diggs’ face after the multiple let downs in big moments over the course of the past 3 playoffs. Especially our elimination game against the Chiefs this past season where he was targeted 8 times for 3/21/0, 2 drops. 
Guy let potentially the biggest play of the game go through his hands to start the final drive where the FG was missed. 

I doubt it anyone did.  

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

I don’t. Just reading into what’s being reported it’s quite the thing to be saying to the guy who’s carrying the franchise the very first week. 

What I actually care about regarding this type of event is if anyone got into Diggs’ face after the multiple let downs in big moments over the course of the past 3 playoffs. Especially our elimination game against the Chiefs this past season where he was targeted 8 times for 3/21/0, 2 drops. 
Guy let potentially the biggest play of the game go through his hands to start the final drive where the FG was missed. 

I doubt it anyone did.  

Telling that we dont have anyone on the team willing to get into guys' faces other than Stef Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Telling that we dont have anyone on the team willing to get into guys' faces other than Stef Diggs.

That’s fair and a legitimate concern. 

Again, I have no problem with them trying to light a fire under another player. Week 1 for a successful team shouldn’t be happening. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Thats only if you believe continued complaining does anything positive for a team.       It wasn't up to Diggs to point out Allen's shortcomings in the game it's up to Allen and the coaching staff.     It isn't about no one daring to call out Allen.   But there is a time and place for those things, and if people think Allen's coaches dont get on him to correct mistakes in meetings and behind closed doors they are being obtuse.   The time and place is not on the sidelines where everyone can see it happening. 

As much as Allen messes up he is allowed quite a bit of rope because he is an absolute stud a majority of the time.    Players make teams better by concentrating on what they can do better, not by complaining about other team member's shortcomings.   That's where Diggs really failed and in doing so came across as a massive hypocrite when his play completely fell off. 

I've coached for a long time and the second someone starts to point a finger at a teammate for the teams' failures I ask them if they played a perfect game.  Good teams have players who focus on doing their job despite of what is going on around them.   It takes a ton of maturity and self control, neither of which I think Diggs has tons of.      

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

I am starting to agree with Diggs more and more. We will always be loyal Bills fans, and if Diggs is still playing in the league five years from now, that will be impressive. He recognized that the team was not going to make it to the Super Bowl and made the decision to leave. I wish him the best of luck, and I would always choose Buffalo over Houston any day. However, if we get eliminated from the playoffs, I might root for another team for the first time since I was 12. Instead of being bitter and angry, I would just root for Diggs.

Thank you. He wasn’t wrong.

However, he has no future as a diplomat.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, JoshAllin said:

Poor Stroud if they don't perform well this season

I will say this about Stroud: he had an amazing rookie year but struggled against good defenses. I think the only good defense he torched was the Browns in the playoffs but he looked lost against the Jets and Ravens