Diggs traded to Texans for picks

1 minute ago, biggerdaddynj said:

Well, it’s a good thing that Josh has Curtis, Samuel, and aside from Shakir’s one year improvement the following WR room:

Mack Hollins, Justin Shorter, KJ Hamler, Andy Isabella, Tyrell Shavers and Bryan Thompson.

I was a really big Beane fan, but watching the way he has left a generational quarterback with without a top tier WR and then a totally mediocre group of receivers is just baffling and negligent, actually bordering on incompetent, and so far as the receivers.  

Samuel who has never approached the level of a top tier WR, Shakir who I do think will improve and Kincaid.  Those are Josh’s weapons.  Oh, and the second or third tier of rookie WRs who will take a few years before hopefully hitting their potential.  Maybe those 5th and 6th td draft picks will be the exception to the rule.

Boo hoo......like Beane is going to leave the team with no legit WR?!?

....need a tissue?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

Above average doesn't cut it. Mahomes has Kelce, the best pass catcher in the NFL. Burrow has Chase and maybe still Higgins. Josh Allen lost over 1,900 yards of production in a single offseason. I'm just sick over this. Beane had better have a plan because right now this looks like a 9-8 team.

because they lost one wideout lmfaoo

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

If Diggs spills the beans on :13, this board is going to explode.

there's an NDA, the NFL owners would sue him into bankruptcy for divulging the directives from league owners to botch the kickoff.

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

So how long until Diggs starts making cryptic comments about Stroud?

He will be on his best behavior until he gets a new deal.   This deal puts him on notice because his guarantees are now gone.   He was fine in Buffalo until he got the extension.   It's human nature.  Like getting paid up front to do a job.  The eye tends to wander toward what's next.   That's where the quality of character comes in and unfortunately Diggs doesn't have much of that.

• Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Why trade him in the conference?

If Houston goes & beats us & wins the Superbowl I'm not going to be happy. 

Guessing here but:

1.  You are looking to get the best deal. They were the only ones that offered you something or at least to the level they did.

2.  You think Digg is declining.  Maybe, MAYBE he doesn't decline that much this year or has a bounce-back season.  But you aren't worried that much about this year as this is a re-tooling/get under the cap year for the Bills.  Next year (2025) is the year you load back up, and by then, you are SURE Diggs is on the dowside and no longer making the Texans that much better.

3.  You think you matchup with Houston well with or without Diggs, but anything you can do to have someone else knock-off the Chiefs or Bengals before you see them in the playoffs is a plus.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Anyone thing BB, McD & Brady looked at what KC has done the last two years with their WR corp, and say…we can do the same. 

Yeah a TE and 2-3 WR that can get open against Man, and actually catch the damn ball. And we will add a WR in the draft.  Im telling you, if Brady runs his system its more friendly to Josh and has more potential than even Dabol's offense. Its the offense that freaking Drew Brees was getting 5000 yard a season with. Just imagine how Josh will do. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Ugh here we go again with the media making something out of nothing! Sure Adam Schefter himself tweeted out that Diggs is being traded but he's probably just reading into tweets. This is a nothing burger. Allen said he loves Diggs. Beane said he'll be on the team. I for one can't wait to see Diggs rocking the Bills red white and blue this September.

Perhaps deleting this would be your best option 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

Above average doesn't cut it. Mahomes has Kelce, the best pass catcher in the NFL. Burrow has Chase and maybe still Higgins. Josh Allen lost over 1,900 yards of production in a single offseason. I'm just sick over this. Beane had better have a plan because right now this looks like a 9-8 team.

I'm not happy with this move either but honestly I can't believe Beane would just make this move without something up his sleeve as I can't imagine his plan is to go into this season with what have now. Granted I'm not a fan of trading up to get a better WR prospect as no guarantee a rookie going to step in as a WR1 no matter who he is.

Just now, SirAndrew said:

I don’t hate the trade, and I think Beane did a brilliant job turning us into contenders. Now I’m starting to see Beane and McD display some of the traits that ended Beane’s tenure in Carolina. Beane is team building the same way he did in Carolina, and it didn’t end great. I worry he’s repeating the same mistakes. 

He wasnt the decision maker in Carolina.  Buffalo went all in and kept the 13 sec team together.  That was the closest they ever got.  Gotta rebuild.  Cap space and draft capital in the future to reshape the roster was generated this year by cleaning out the aging core.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Low Positive said:

This seems dramatic and disingenuous to include Davis’ totals (as if some other player couldn’t easily replace his production with his snap count and targets).

When the Bills went on their winning streak to end the season and win the division, Davis was barely involved in the offense (to the point where his mom complained on Twitter) and Diggs’ totals were way down. It’s obvious we can win and have an effective offense without them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sweats said:

....need a tissue?

Boo hoo they have no money to add a legit WR. Relying on a rookie is not the answer. 

16 minutes ago, MainEvent said:

Do we think they go the draft route or go after Aiyuk or Higgins?

My guess ... draft route. Don't know if Bills want to hand out a big contract to Aiyuk or Higgins when they can hopefully get a good rookie for 4 years on the cheap. But stay tuned, who knows what lurks in the mind of Beane.

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

aw.

35 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

Diggs simply dropped below the line on the Vicky Mendoza diagonal. 

Hot-Crazy-Scale-how-i-met-your-mother-1233228_750_600-3885633379.thumb.jpg.f9196040063ef435d296ad59a50f7890.jpg

Haha I remember watching some episodes of that show and not realizing we were supposed to like Ted. That dude would cheat on women but let himself off the hook because he's on his journey to find "the one" and conflated himself as being this great guy that's just so unlucky that he can't find her. At least Barney knew and admitted exactly who he was. 

If anyone cares about my rant on a show that's like 15 years old or something in a thread about trading one of our best WR's ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Good luck to Stroud who had zero pressure last year. He gets an aging diva who demands the ball. When last year he just played.. Josh is probably thrilled Brady can dial up plays that can go to any receiver!

33 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Grade Beane’s Diggs Trade

True grades are always seen in hindsight, but I give it a "D" at present.  The compensation is inadequate IMO.

On the other hand, we take on a bit more dead cap and clear a hunk of cap space next season.

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

feels like we've done this backwards.

Year 6-7 of Josh Allen, you'd like to be making a trade for a #1 wr to win now. Wish we could turn back the clock & simply draft Justin Jefferson, who everyone had mocked to us. This almost feels like thats what Beane is doing here, trying to go back to draft his Justin Jefferson. Just remains to be seen if the guy we draft can live up to that. Bold bold move by Beane.

I don't.  Josh was a young QB who had issues and Diggs helped him gain the NFL confidence he needed.

Diggs has done his part.  Now it's time for Josh to make good WRs out of average ones.  

• Agree 6

Just now, Jrb1979 said:

Boo hoo they have no money to add a legit WR. Relying on a rookie is not the answer. 

KC and the Rams seemed to get a lot of production out of picks 55 and 177.  Dell in the 3rd round was contributing.  Josh Downs.  Jayden Reed.  

This draft is supposed to be better than that one.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Sweats said:

....need a tissue?

I mean, he pretty much did so in 2018 with a rookie QB and 2019 with a developing QB.

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He will be on his best behavior until he gets a new deal.   This deal puts him on notice because his guarantees are now gone.   He was fine in Buffalo until he got the extension.   It's human nature.  Like getting paid up front to do a job.  The eye tends to wander toward what's next.   That's where the quality of character comes in and unfortunately Diggs doesn't have much of that.

i agree with the first half of your statements...not sure about his character. 

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

Relying on an aging self-centered WR is not the answer........never was.

.....need a tissue there, son?

• Agree 3

Yeah, I don't think I need to wait on this one to make a call.

While some of the Diggs criticism was legit, the man had four consecutive 1,000+ yard seasons. That's every year we has with us.

Was he on the downside of his career? Decent odds. But you cannot tell me that he didn't have some gas left in the tank and couldn't be used in 2024 and 2025.  

I was dumbfounded when I heard "a second round pick". I was floored when I found out it was for 2025 AND gave up a 5th and 6th this year. 

Beane gave up picks. To take on cap space. To see no benefit until 2025. And in doing so created a massive hole on the roster and make everyone and their mother know the Bills need a WR1 and strangling our leverage. If this move would be done, at least wait until draft day.

F. 

F-

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Sweats said:

Relying on an aging self-centered WR is not the answer........never was.

.....need a tissue there, son?

Never said that. I'm not upset at all. I'm also not expecting much next season. I'm expecting the team to take step back. Relying on rookie WR isn't the answer either. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

If they view 2025 draft as better and get a good offer?  I'm down.   Right now it looks like we're doing a mini roster reset.

i'm calling it a retool. it's not a rebuild.

our benchmarks are set. the cabinets and infastructre is there.

they can trade back from the 1st and get 2 2's this year for a WR and an OL, with 3 picks in the 2nd or some other configuration. 

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Guessing here but:

1.  You are looking to get the best deal. They were the only ones that offered you something or at least to the level they did.

2.  You think Digg is declining.  Maybe, MAYBE he doesn't decline that much this year or has a bounce-back season.  But you aren't worried that much about this year as this is a re-tooling/get under the cap year for the Bills.  Next year (2025) is the year you load back up, and by then, you are SURE Diggs is on the dowside and no longer making the Texans that much better.

3.  You think you matchup with Houston well with or without Diggs, but anything you can do to have someone else knock-off the Chiefs or Bengals before you see them in the playoffs is a plus.

I hear you. But as currently constructed I think the Houston roster now beats the Bills in a playoff matchup. 

• Haha (+1) 1