Police searching for Rashee Rice in connection to accident - Now officially charged

SCBills

10 hours ago, RiotAct said:

damn putting Von in the same breath as OJ is pretty ballsy,….. 😂

Not for nothing, but if you know the pattern of escalation that a rather shocking amount domestic abusers have, it's not far fetched to think Von could someday be involved in a situation like OJ was. 

59 minutes ago, boyst said:

the dude is in the league. it's going to be warshed over real quick. fall guys in place, etc. anyone thinking the guy gets any real punishment from law enforcement is silly. he's not like us - he is protected.

he probably won't even get penalized for the league.

Tell that to Henry Ruggs III. 

23 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Araiza and Von Miller threads were filled with that line over the past year plus. Just saying

Well in the 2 instances that you mention both were handled in totally different ways because 1 was a HOFer the other was a rookie . 1 had 120 million reasons to go away the other maybe and not guaranteed 1.5 million .

The HOFer was given the benefit of the doubt and time to prove his supposed innocents or in this case his girlfriend changing her mind because he could quite possibly lose her gravy train & $120 million if she pursued it & the rookie was not given the benefit of the doubt & immediately cut .

So we can & a lot of us do jump to conclusions, in this case seeing as the car was owned by Rice & he was no where around some make the conclusion that he may have or more than likely was present when the accident took place and possibly ran as to not be found because he could have been drinking which is what the authorities are basing as the case until they prove other wise .

But in Ariza's case he was by many thought to be guilty until proven innocent & now he may make the Bills pay in some small way when they play the Chiefs & if it's in a play off game that will truly suck ...

i will say i can in some ways understand Beane 's thoughts on that situation but both were handled differently for different reasons .

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

I have to love how some fans are triggered by anything negative with the Chiefs,  end of the day they keep winning and we still have Marvin Lewis 2:00 as our HC who loves his high character guys.  They have the better GM and even better HC

Looks like you’re the one who is permanently triggered.  

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 6

3 hours ago, Billl said:

You think the Dallas PD has nothing better to do than spend a bunch of time and money investigating a non-injury accident when the driver can afford a top attorney?

This is in the list of important things to do.  Maybe the Dallas DA wants to have their say, too.  We shall see. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFan said:

It looks like KC may have to draft two WRs in the upcoming draft.  

lol yall are insane. he didnt kill anyone..... this also isnt pat mcafee falling into the water wasted

hes not getting Ruggs treatment, ane hes not getting a stern letter, pretty easy to keep this one out of the extreme ends of spectrum.

dude might get a game or two, it isnt changing how KC approaches the draft, unless theyre aware of some Aaron Hernandez type red flags behind the scenes and theyve bailed him out of trouble/hushed them up a few times....... no indication of that, so until then we can all be reasonable

• Thank you (+1) 1

It’s classic that there is video of them drag racing, casing a major 6 car accident, then exiting their vehicles and leaving the scene like nothing happened and they think nothing of it. I love the guy filming the video of them leaving asking them where they are going and if they’re just going to leave and they’re like “yup”. 😂 

these guys should lose their licenses for the next 10 years.

Edited by vincec
  • Agree 4

11 hours ago, Billl said:

You think the Dallas PD has nothing better to do than spend a bunch of time and money investigating a non-injury accident when the driver can afford a top attorney?

as of last night still one in the hospital, and they held i75 closed for several hours. 

It not going to be ruggs 2.0 but I do think most major market police and DAs (and the nfl) are not thrilled with car culture and albeit not getting a pound would like get a few ounces of flesh here. 

that all aside- contracts only paid out like $2m so far (pre tax, pre agents fees). A wrecked lambo, settlements and legal representation is going to really take a chunk out of his cash flow. 

I wonder what kind of car he will replace this with. Dumb enough to go with another sports car? Should show up to camp in a mini van. 

Edited by NoSaint

Chiefs president Mark Donovan addressed the situation in an interview with KCMO on Monday morning.

“In all these situations you have to wait until you have all the facts and frankly, we don’t have all the facts at this point,” Donovan said, via NBCNews.com. “The one comforting fact that we do have is that there was a multi-car crash in Texas, in Dallas, and fortunately, it doesn’t appear that anyone was hurt and we should be grateful for that. We’ll get to the bottom of it, we’ll gather the facts and we’ll react accordingly.”

https://gridironheroics.com/nfl-kansas-city-chiefs-rashee-rice-car-car/

11 hours ago, T master said:

Well in the 2 instances that you mention both were handled in totally different ways because 1 was a HOFer the other was a rookie . 1 had 120 million reasons to go away the other maybe and not guaranteed 1.5 million .

The HOFer was given the benefit of the doubt and time to prove his supposed innocents or in this case his girlfriend changing her mind because he could quite possibly lose her gravy train & $120 million if she pursued it & the rookie was not given the benefit of the doubt & immediately cut .

So we can & a lot of us do jump to conclusions, in this case seeing as the car was owned by Rice & he was no where around some make the conclusion that he may have or more than likely was present when the accident took place and possibly ran as to not be found because he could have been drinking which is what the authorities are basing as the case until they prove other wise .

But in Ariza's case he was by many thought to be guilty until proven innocent & now he may make the Bills pay in some small way when they play the Chiefs & if it's in a play off game that will truly suck ...

i will say i can in some ways understand Beane 's thoughts on that situation but both were handled differently for different reasons .

Both were handled the same way and for the exact same reason. Optimal decision for the Business's finanancial bottom line. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, NoSaint said:

as of last night still one in the hospital, and they held i75 closed for several hours. 

It not going to be ruggs 2.0 but I do think most major market police and DAs (and the nfl) are not thrilled with car culture and albeit not getting a pound would like get a few ounces of flesh here. 

that all aside- contracts only paid out like $2m so far (pre tax, pre agents fees). A wrecked lambo, settlements and legal representation is going to really take a chunk out of his cash flow. 

I wonder what kind of car he will replace this with. Dumb enough to go with another sports car? Should show up to camp in a mini van. 

No need to spoil a young man with that degree of flexible utility, maybe a smart car or a Fiat is more appropriate. A punishment should not be glimpse of the privilege a young man my experience in their late thirties when they’re forced to own a minivan, such as a Honda Odyssey, touring, or a Toyota Sienna, limited. 

16 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

lol yall are insane. he didnt kill anyone..... this also isnt pat mcafee falling into the water wasted

hes not getting Ruggs treatment, ane hes not getting a stern letter, pretty easy to keep this one out of the extreme ends of spectrum.

dude might get a game or two, it isnt changing how KC approaches the draft, unless theyre aware of some Aaron Hernandez type red flags behind the scenes and theyve bailed him out of trouble/hushed them up a few times....... no indication of that, so until then we can all be reasonable

Reasonable?  After perusing these pages, I now feel life at Rikers Island Is appropriate 😂

2 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sooo, has he been found yet? Can’t the police use “Where’s my iPhone?”

i hate that police can do that. it seems like an invasion of the 4th.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/1/2024 at 8:21 AM, boyst said:

the dude is in the league. it's going to be warshed over real quick. fall guys in place, etc. anyone thinking the guy gets any real punishment from law enforcement is silly. he's not like us - he is protected.

he probably won't even get penalized for the league.

You know damn well team and/or league punishment is coming, especially on the heels of Britt Reid.

19 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You know damn well team and/or league punishment is coming, especially on the heels of Britt Reid.

1 or 2 games depending what the police cook up.

i don't care that he is an nfl player. the social media trendy crap of racing cars on the highway needs to be curbstomped.

however, he's not one of us so he will get favorable treatment.

49 minutes ago, boyst said:

i hate that police can do that. it seems like an invasion of the 4th.

Don't do illegal *****. Then you don't gotta worry. 

And yes I realize that isn't your point, but they aren't goin round using it on people just living life.

• Disagree 4

well so he is still on the lam eh? Wanted by police for questioning indeed. At the very least.

Senor Rice will pay for the best defense possible. His lawyer more than likely wins his case  based on plausible deniability "It wasn't me driving it was just my car"

NFL will follow suit and proceeds forward business as usual. Squarely under El ruggo.

YEP

🍿

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

And yes I realize that isn't your point, but they aren't goin round using it on people just living life.

lol yes they are.

57 minutes ago, Jdragon2 said:

That's a poor argument. Who's to say it would only be used on people doing illegal ****? What if you simply disagree with them? Or politically oppose them? People are usually ok with or indifferent to injustices until they find themselves on the wrong side against those with the power

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sooo, has he been found yet? Can’t the police use “Where’s my iPhone?”

The legal counsel Rice has returned states that he is currently "cooperating with authorities".

That doesn't sound as though he has physically "turned himself in", per se, but he's not on the run or anything. The language of the counsel's statement was certainly vague.

Rice so far seems to be handling this incident verrrry carefully in its aftermath. Smart move.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You notice how all three of them stepped out of the passenger side of the vehicle. The last one seemingly Rice who hopped across the center console to get out, and they immediately start walking away. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

That's a poor argument. Who's to say it would only be used on people doing illegal ****? What if you simply disagree with them? Or politically oppose them? People are usually ok with or indifferent to injustices until they find themselves on the wrong side against those with the power

My opinion of the matter would change if the situation did.

Currently, unless you can prove otherwise, this is used in scenarios where they have to locate a fugitive or person of interest in cases such as kidnapping/murder/etc... Or possibly probationers who are skipping their legally mandated meetings. 

*Edit - Oh and they typically need a warrant to do so.

Now if they were to start tracking people for gits and shiggles with no actual reason to.... then I would consider it a violation as mentioned.

Edited by Jdragon2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Why do green bubble people get a break? This smacks of discriminatory investigation/prosecution against iPhone folks. I bet Rashee is a green bubbler. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, boyst said:

1 or 2 games depending what the police cook up.

i don't care that he is an nfl player. the social media trendy crap of racing cars on the highway needs to be curbstomped.

however, he's not one of us so he will get favorable treatment.

cops don't charge.

the DA won't have to "cook up" much---just go to the tape....

5 hours ago, Logic said:

The legal counsel Rice has returned states that he is currently "cooperating with authorities".

That doesn't sound as though he has physically "turned himself in", per se, but he's not on the run or anything. The language of the counsel's statement was certainly vague.

Rice so far seems to be handling this incident verrrry carefully in its aftermath. Smart move.

Leaving the scene of an accident (on camera!) where one victim of his driving decisions was sent by ambulance to the hospital isn't verrrrry careful aftermath handling...

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Leaving the scene of an accident (on camera!) where one victim of his driving decisions was sent by ambulance to the hospital isn't verrrrry careful aftermath handling...

Agreed.

But everything that happened after THAT, lol....

Retaining counsel rather than just walking into the police station. Choosing the specific counsel he did (a state senator who also represents Jerry Jones).

In the immediate aftermath, he ***** up big time. Ever since then, though, his behavior displays a realization of just how badly he ***** up and what real potential legal trouble he finds himself in.

• Like (+1) 1