Ridder traded to the Cardinals for WR Moore

Process

What are the Cardinals doing? Moore is 23yo with 40+ catches the last three years. Ridder is a bad backup QB. I would have happily given them a 5th round pick if they were just trying to dump the guy. 

5 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Falcons are loaded 

They still have Kirk Cousins, a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear, so that doesn't make a big difference. Ask Dan Marino how QB's typically look after one of those...and he was a better QB than Cousins ever dreamt about being as a kid.

Edited by Big Turk

Just now, SWATeam said:

Not to mention Pitts and Bijon

Yep, the Falcons should now be able to compete for a playoff spot.  We are a house divided; 2 Bills fans, 2 Falcons fans (but all Braves, Sabres & UGA fans).  The Falcons fans are going to be very excited for the coming season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I like Rondale Moore.  Good WR3 kind of guy.  I wouldn't have made this trade, Ridder sucks.  They could have gotten a 5th probably for Moore and drafted someone that would give them more value than Ridder. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

We never seem to be in on any of these types of trades.

I like a lot of what Beane does, but the dude seems to have a serious blind spot for identifying receivers. Refusal to take one in rounds 1-3 the last several years just shouldn’t happen on a Josh Allen team. Keep the cupboard stocked. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They still have Kirk Cousins, a 36 year old QB coming off an Achilles tear, so that doesn't make a big difference. Ask Dan Marino how QB's typically look after one of those...and he was a better QB than Cousins ever dreamt about being as a kid.

Dan Marino played 6 pretty good seasons after tearing his Achilles, and I believe they made the playoffs 5 of those years

Yeah he was still pretty good

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, mushypeaches said:

Dan Marino played 6 pretty good seasons after tearing his Achilles, and I believe they made the playoffs 5 of those years

Yeah he was still pretty good

But not the same QB as he was before. He was also 4 years younger than Cousins when it happened...

Stats took a nosedive after his first year back.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MariDa00.htm

40 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Falcons are loaded 

Since I live in ATL, I’ll hope they do well and are at least interesting. Nobody cares much about the Falcons since it’s not college football, the main game in any town in the South. Still, it will make a few people happy and be a nice story. 

• Like (+1) 1

Falcons are loaded and in a terrible division and a weak conference as well. 

If we beat Atlanta in the Super Bowl I would of course be extremely excited, but they're a team you want to beat for Super Bowl #2 or #3, not your first. 

That said, if you play em beat em of course. You do NOT want to lose the Super Bowl to the Falcons of all teams. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

I don't understand this sentiment.  They have an extremely overrated QB coming off a career threatening injury. At this point I still have Tampa winning that division. 

Cousins is a guy everyone loves to dunk on but he consistently gives you 4000+ passing yards, around 30 passing TD, and around 9 INT on average.

He's pretty good. Not elite but pretty good. Too bad SF is determined to prove Purdy is a real QB, because a Cousins/Shanahan reunion would have made the 49ers a real contender. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

Yep, the Falcons should now be able to compete for a playoff spot.  We are a house divided; 2 Bills fans, 2 Falcons fans (but all Braves, Sabres & UGA fans).  The Falcons fans are going to be very excited for the coming season.

Never realized there were actual Falcon fans …

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Cousins is a guy everyone loves to dunk on but he consistently gives you 4000+ passing yards, around 30 passing TD, and around 9 INT on average.

He's pretty good. Not elite but pretty good. Too bad SF is determined to prove Purdy is a real QB, because a Cousins/Shanahan reunion would have made the 49ers a real contender. 

Yeah its that whole winning thing that he struggles with...career record 78-70. Allen's is 63-31. 

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Even a prime Kirk Cousins at any age is unlikely to get you out of the Wild Card round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 947 said:

Rondale Moore is the same height as Harty. He'd have been a backup slot here, and not somebody we should be adding with our needs.

I tend to agree.  Why would we be adding a tiny dude at WR who isn't a plus as a returner, has a sub 10 YPC average, and whos catch % has declined every year of his career.  I'm not trading picks for a gadget player when they could need that pick later to move around or just... fill out the roster with usable depth.  

People complain about Diggs being a diva…..and declining…..or something…….then pine for Rondale Moore.  Ok.

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

So one of those WRs will be off the board at 4.  It was a fairly foregone conclusion anyway but thats brutal.  I think brown is still a possibility to return there too.  

Agree but people mocking Michael Wilson will find out soon enough.

I'm not 100% sure that the Cardinals don't hate their HC. 

Last year it was the social media team putting out videos of him speaking to the team that made him look like a clown. I mean, those are edited, cut up videos that they can pick and choose what is shown... 

This year they seem determined to do him in roster-wise. 

You can already see the Cardinals storyline for 2024: Murray at QB, switch to Ridder at QB after 6-7 games even though Murray is playing fine, then back to Murray, then interim HC, and finally Mike Shula as new HC in January of 25 

Edited by TheFunPolice

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'm not 100% sure that the Cardinals don't hate their HC. 

Last year it was the social media team putting out videos of him speaking to the team that made him look like a clown. I mean, those are edited, cut up videos that they can pick and choose what is shown... 

This year they seem determined to do him in roster-wise. 

You can already see the Cardinals storyline for 2024: Murray at QB, switch to Ridder at QB after 6-7 games even though Murray is playing fine, then back to Murray, then interim HC, and finally Mike Shula as new HC in January of 25 

I think Murray is fine, and i can't see anyone calling for ridder after the film he put out there.  Coming off a torn acl, with 0 training camp, he looked considerably better than someone like watson did at any point in the last 2 seasons after his "layoff".  I see this as them looking for a backup QB who can potentially win a game here or there.  Mariota just got 6M, and i view ridder as basically the same player and they get him for 2yrs and 2.5M.  

I think they probably roll with dortch in the slot primarily, draft a WR at 4, and probably sign someone who can play inside/out.  

• Like (+1) 1