Bills sign Mack Hollins

Just to add, he is, allegedly, a great guy and a leader who is a huge weirdo. It is good to have those eccentric guys around when there is a ridiculous amount of pressure on the team to win. At the very least he will be fun. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, mrags said:

I’m not arguing with you on this. You like the live. I think it’s stupid. I also don’t have a high opinion of you, so there you go. I’m sure the feelings mutual so no need to inform me of that. 

I've never seen someone get so irritated with logic.  My gawd.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

I'm tempted to post patience grasshopper. We all are hopeful for Action. Hold your water It WILL come  just not on your timing. Sucks huh

🙂

But Muppy - I'm hoping we don't pay out for a retread WR and instead draft a WR high and play him quickly.  I don't want an M Thomas or OBJ taking the snaps away from B Thomas/A Mitchell/X Legette.

It's not what this regime is known for, but they have adjusted their thinking in the past.  Get the highly touted WR and play him immediately.

• Thank you (+1) 1

We drafted a guy in the 5th round last year that was considered a great special teams player. How many of these guys are we carrying?

The Sherfield replacement was supposed to be Justin Shorter.

I don’t want WRs 4, 5, and 6 to be all special teams. We still need a return man.

8 minutes ago, mrags said:

Yeah not crying. I’m simply not sucking on the Beane tit like everyone else. 

1. Any WR that’s especially good at blocking, when he’s on the field but actually sucks at being a WR does nothing but take away the ability to have a playmaker on the field. It also tips off the defense to what we’re actually doing. Like every single time. 

2. Don’t give a crap about hands if this guy is so slow and lumbering that he’ll never get open anyway. Not to mention that I don’t want him anywhere near the field ever on offense. If we’re down to him then we might as well pack it in. 

3. Your 2nd and 3rd points were exactly the same and they both sucked. 

4. I’ve already pointed out that we’re in cap hell. Yet here we are wasting what little dollars we do have on scrubs like this. Again, save up all the 2-3m contracts that we have. Sign undrafted guys that were bagging groceries because that’s what their guy will provide anyway.  And after 5-8 contracts that you saved like that maybe you could go out and fond someone for 6-10m that can actually play. 

5. Again, if you believe we’re going WR in rd 1 and 2 I think you’re more crazy than I thought. But I honestly have doubts we’ll even end up with 1 in the first 2 rounds. Time will tell. We’re a little over a month away. 

He's not slow. Maybe watch some of his games if you don't know.

The rest of your post is triggered person gibberish, so I won't waste time trying to point out how ridiculous you come across.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But Muppy - I'm hoping we don't pay out for a retread WR and instead draft a WR high and play him quickly.  I don't want an M Thomas or OBJ taking the snaps away from B Thomas/A Mitchell/X Legette.

It's not what this regime is known for, but they have adjusted their thinking in the past.  Get the highly touted WR and play him immediately.

it is why we all chat here. To grow and learn in our fandom. Great post mate. 🙂. It's a different view than draft and play new guy immediately absolutely.

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills fans sweating this type of signing as an indicator that the team thinks he's gonna replace Gabe snaps or play a significant role are entertaining! There's more of them here than I thought, but I suppose that makes sense 🤣

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

he has talent, but not enough talent to play on a  team that's supposed to be a contender. This is starting to feel like a full rebuild year.

The Chiefs whole WR room was filled with guys around Mack Hollins level this season and they managed to make it work. 

I'm not excited about this signing but it's not like he can be a Kelvin Benjamin level flop.  He's a backup/ST guys primarily with some decent NFL experience. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

This is a Trent Sherfield level signing. I really hope this isn't the end of our WR free agent shopping.

The roster doesn't have to be set until September.

THIS REALLY shouldnt be overlooked, when you are going into a year with the only major Vet in the Room is Diggs, and then gonna have other Rookies in that room as well.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

The Chiefs whole WR room was filled with guys around Mack Hollins level this season and they managed to make it work. 

I'm not excited about this signing but it's not like he can be a Kelvin Benjamin level flop.  He's a backup/ST guys primarily with some decent NFL experience. 

Tom Brady won a super bowl With David Givens, Marcus Patton and Deion Branch too. We aren't the Chiefs.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

he has talent, but not enough talent to play on a  team that's supposed to be a contender. This is starting to feel like a full rebuild year.

I rebuild year because of a WR5 being signed?  Interesting Logic

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Really have to see how the draft plays out. That was always going to be where the Bills would improve their roster especially with their cap situation in a tough spot.

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The Chiefs won the Super Bowl with Justin Watson as their #2 WR and 3rd most targeted on their team.  

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

Tom Brady won a super bowl With David Givens, Marcus Patton and Deion Branch too. We aren't the Chiefs.

I'm responding directly to your statement " not enough talent to play on a  team that's supposed to be a contender"

Contenders have won it all with guys like Hollins in the wings. I'm not saying the Bills are anything, just that your statement is wrong. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Chiefs had an elite defense that shows up in the playoffs. 

Chiefs have Travis Kelce and invested back to back RD2 picks at WR, of which Rashee Rice finally broke out.

People keep wanting to compare us to a team that has 2-3 elite guys outside Mahomes at all times, who all step up in the playoffs.. it's the strangest thing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

I rebuild year because of a WR5 being signed?  Interesting Logic

No, a rebuild year because we created several large holes with massive holes already on the roster and we have not been serious about replacing them. We can't get a WR2 in the draft because McD doesn't play rookies. Unless there's a trade (unlikely), Hollins is your #2 for at least 6 games.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2

Just now, SCBills said:

Chiefs had an elite defense that shows up in the playoffs. 

Chiefs have Travis Kelce and invested back to back RD2 picks at WR, of which Rashee Rice finally broke out.

People keep wanting to compare us to a team that has 2-3 elite guys outside Mahomes at all times, who all step up in the playoffs.. it's the strangest thing. 

The guy said that he "not enough talent to play on a  team that's supposed to be a contender", I just provided context to show that's a silly thing to say.

I never compared us to the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I'm responding directly to your statement " not enough talent to play on a  team that's supposed to be a contender"

Contenders have won it all with guys like Hollins in the wings. I'm not saying the Bills are anything, just that your statement is wrong. 

Again, they have arguably the two best players to ever play their respective positions at QB and TE. It's not a real example.

• Disagree 1

No, a rebuild year because we created several large holes with massive holes already on the roster and we have not been serious about replacing them. We can't get a WR2 in the draft because McD doesn't play rookies. Unless there's a trade (unlikely), Hollins is your #2 for at least 6 games.

If you think he's not starting a first or second round wideout over Mack Hollins, you're insane

I'll wager anything you want on that

What are the self created LARGE holes?

Did he not play rookies because he had the luxury of Vets over them.  Seems Torrence didnt sit his rookie year, neither did Brown.  Neither Did Tre.  

I get it Hyperbole is what you got.  

• Like (+1) 3

Again, they have arguably the two best players to ever play their respective positions at QB and TE. It's not a real example.

That's completely pivoting away from your original point, but okay. 

Holy overreaction. McDermott I’m a presser said they are going to have to rely on younger guys this year basically acknowledging rookies will have to play more. If they take a guy at 29 he’s playing and he’s starting across from Diggs. If he isn’t that means Shakir is playing outside. The Bills are going to go WR in round 1 and 4 I bet