Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

Just now, DanInUticaTampa said:

They would have to trade into the top 10 to get one of the top 3. This WR class is loaded, they would be dumb to trade any higher than to pick 19. They can easily get a great received staying at 28. They can probably get a good one in round 2 as well. 

Big dropoff after the first 3 guys. We need a Diggs replacement more than we need a LT when Josh doesn't stay in the pocket anyways 

• Dislike 1

Was he wearing a shirt when he signed his extension… 

Just now, KDIGGZ said:

Big dropoff after the first 3 guys. We need a Diggs replacement more than we need a LT when Josh doesn't stay in the pocket anyways 

We would have to give up a future first rounder to get into the top 10. That is ridiculous. that is a Whatley type of trade. 

Makes a lot of sense for both sides.

It would be really bad to have to change out LT, LG, and C all in a single offseason, and Dawkins has been good to great through his career. 

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That is true but you also have athletes, like Dion Dawkins, acting like sophomore’s on social media that lead to this sort of thing.

I mean, what was the point of that stupid post other than to stir ***** up?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I'm thinking DaQuan is 32 and we may look elsewhere

I think they keep him, he doesn’t look to be slowing down. I don’t think it’ll be a huge contract. Let him see his value around the league. They’ll draft a guy behind him.

Just now, Beast said:

That is true but you also have athletes, like Dion Dawkins, acting like sophomore’s on social media that lead to this sort of thing.

Maybe dont read into their Social Medias it is just that easy

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I have refused to believe all along that they'd be releasing or trading Dion after already cutting Morse. Just too much talent and leadership turnover, and it would not go over well in the locker room, AND he's coming off his best season as a pro. Never made a lick of sense.

When he made his Instagram post today, I truly assumed (with a dash of terror mixed in) that it must be a practical joke on his part. Told myself I wouldn't react to it until it was officially announced, because it seemed very "Dion" to toy with Bills fans like that. Sure enough...

Glad you're sticking around, Shnowman. Heart and soul guy. Leader. Josh Allen protector. Love, love, love.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Maybe dont read into their Social Medias it is just that easy

And, again, what I said is true. The post was stupid and done for no other reason than to stir up *****.

Edited by Beast
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

And, again, what I said is true. The post was stupid and done for no other reason than to stir up *****.

It was funny as hell good troll of the low energy sports reporters

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

People are shocked to learn these guys taking hits all day aren’t the most eloquent on Twitter explaining their every meaning…

how about we don’t worry about what people post and instead focus on the actions.  Jeez

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It was funny as hell good troll of the low energy sports reporters

Funny as hell? Personally, I read it and the thought “drama queen” crossed my mind. But, whatever. Glad he’s staying put.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Beast said:

I thought it was hilarious

On 3/10/2024 at 12:19 PM, boyst said:

You'd like parts of SC. It's relatable to Ohio. That or the northwest of GA.

If you can stomach it, Alabama has some nice places if you're into the beach stuff. 

My mother and sisters live in Colorado, so a place out west is in our sights... Colorado is too expensive, but New Mexico fits the bill. We considered Flagstaff as John Fina recommended it, but Flagstaff may be too pricey for us even though it's beautiful.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

That's social media 99% of the time.

18 minutes ago, Beast said:

Funny as hell? Personally, I read it and the thought “drama queen” crossed my mind. But, whatever. Glad he’s staying put.

Why so serious?  It is social media---  half the stuff is not true

13 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

my bad Dion!  

Cryptic tweets continue

I love how they're messing with the media after reporters spent a whole year conjuring stories based on interpretations of Diggs tweets. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Not announced yet, but almost certainly some

the Over the cap calc shows with an extension done by Dawkins and a restructure done by knox, that would be 13 mill in savings. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Yes, just depends how much based on what they decided structure can be.  

IMO this squashes any of the ideas that Pegula doesn't want to pay $$$ anymore

Was this a thought?  I could see wanting to be more careful who you give money to (see the disaster of signing miller), but that's likely a GM priority anyway since that signing is really harming the bills ability to be players in free agency.