Dion Dawkins cryptic tweet UPDATE: EXTENDED PER SCHEFTY

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

where was that, first I’ve heard of it

I guess it was floating around X and now people on Reddit are saying the report is false. Popcorn time! I assumed (without reading) that was what this thread was about.

Edited by Governor

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

what’s fake?

Jeremy just posted that. Hmm

Jeremy knows nothing. He's a WGR morning show host who creates talking points for Sal to confirm or deny when he comes on the show.

Dollars to donuts he talks about it tomorrow on the show, has Sal on, and Sal tells him there's nothing to it.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Dislike 1

5 hours ago, MR8 said:

My guess is 4 year extension taking him to 2029 (his 1 year left + 4 more), with "outs" IE: Cap Savings starting in 2026.

MY guess is that Beane has been doing A LOT of negotiating to coax players to take pay cuts and hometown deal extensions and that the organization not yet giving Josh Allen a big up front check..........the most OBVIOUS way to create big cap space.........has been entirely intentional.    

Perception is reality and if players think that the Bills *might not* do that full Josh Allen re-structure then they know that the Bills might pull the trigger on cutting or trading THEM to get under the cap.    They will worry about the potential that they might be cut.    Deadlines make deals and the Bills have a deadline to get under the cap and right now they can say "hey, business decisions may have to be made".

13 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Jeremy knows nothing. He's a WGR morning show host who creates talking points for Sal to confirm or deny when he comes on the show.

Dollars to donuts he talks about it tomorrow on the show, has Sal on, and Sal tells him there's nothing to it.

haha he has since deleted his emoji face post

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Jason Peters says hello.

Poor analogy.  The only similarity is that they both play LT.

It appears that Dion loves the team, wants to stay in Buffalo but is on the final year of his deal.

Peters signed a new contract, but wasn’t happy in Buffalo, so he demanded a new deal using the rationale that he switched to LT.  it was a tactic to get out of Buffalo and it worked.  

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

No it's based on the fact that EVERY super-rich new owner that has come before him has eventually lost their taste for wasting money...........an opinion that is largely supported by the fact that most teams that win championships do so with fairly firm budget constraints.

Counting on there being no end to Terry Pegula's generosity on the football side of his sports holdings is naive.

If behaving in the manner of 97% of the other owners by imposing limits on spending is "byzantine" then I guess that's your statement about pro sports ownership in general. 

If we are lucky it doesn't happen until the Pegula children are in charge and the fortune gets divvied up.........as has been the case with Lamar Hunt Sr and the Hunt family's $15B+ estate(of which Clark Hunt Jr. "only" holds about $2B).  

Hopefully, the Bills have a championship by then and get to a point where they win the way all of the multi-SB winning franchises like the Patriots, Steelers and Chiefs have been doing for the past quarter century.

I’m speechless. 
you are truly clueless. 

Just curious. Are yo a Syracuse — Big Orange — fan?

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If the bills cut or trade Dawkins then we have officially become the Aaron Rodgers Packers. A team with a generational QB who should’ve won way more than they did 

I do worry a bit about this. "Josh will take care of it" seems to be the plan far too often. Just like "Aaron will make it work" was in GB. 

The problem is once the playoffs start elite teams will have answers for that. 

Look at GB now. Young QB so they suddenly start drafting WRs in rounds 1 and 2 to surround him with. You know, to help him succeed and all. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

If the bills cut or trade Dawkins then we have officially become the Aaron Rodgers Packers. A team with a generational QB who should’ve won way more than they did 

TBH, I actually trust Kromer so much that I'd just assume Van Demark is going to legit.

If we, and I don't think we are, cut/trade Dawkins.. I'd have to imagine a big move is coming to help Josh Allen.  

40 minutes ago, SCBills said:

TBH, I actually trust Kromer so much that I'd just assume Van Demark is going to legit.

If we, and I don't think we are, cut/trade Dawkins.. I'd have to imagine a big move is coming to help Josh Allen.  

If we trade him IMO it would only be the sides are too far apart on extension & I could see it being in a package to move way up.

Something like 28, 2025 1st, Dawkins for pick 6 NYG

I really don't expect him to be moved though 

Edited by Warriorspikes51

The only way you would let Dawkins go is if you think Ryan Vandemark can be that guy. 

I will admit I was very impressed with his pass blocking in preseason and in his limited snaps as a LT but I think that’s a reach at least for another year. 

14 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

MY guess is that Beane has been doing A LOT of negotiating to coax players to take pay cuts and hometown deal extensions and that the organization not yet giving Josh Allen a big up front check..........the most OBVIOUS way to create big cap space.........has been entirely intentional.    

Perception is reality and if players think that the Bills *might not* do that full Josh Allen re-structure then they know that the Bills might pull the trigger on cutting or trading THEM to get under the cap.    They will worry about the potential that they might be cut.    Deadlines make deals and the Bills have a deadline to get under the cap and right now they can say "hey, business decisions may have to be made".

*****. I just had this take and I thought it was original.

I agree that “we need to get under the cap” is a better sales pitch to take a paycut than “we need to free up $4M so we have $28M in space.”

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m speechless. 
you are truly clueless. 

Just curious. Are yo a Syracuse — Big Orange — fan?

I think I'm clued in on how pro sports ownership works.   It's quite simple, really.    

I was also clued in that Joe Paterno's self-righteous act was a fraud.   Though I had no idea he was letting his DC do what he was doing.   That was a whole other level.   Shame on you guys.   Not sure Sandusky State East can ever live that blind-eye down.

• Agree 1

Welp, unless this is some serious trolling on his part, it looks like he's been traded.

Last season was a step forward for the O-Line.  Let's hope next season isn't 2 steps back.

Edit: Troll master

Edited by Billz4ever