Bills Cap Status - Approx $4.25 under cap 4/03/2024 (added roster change summary)

i'd not be surprised to see a cut but the expectation is two reworks for two players not named Josh. there could be a trade to get the numbers correct also... just depends on the players as i understand.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

With adding Rapp, Trubisky etal. We are still 9 mill over the cap. I think ,b we can see more moves made, but I feel in the form of contract changes.

But who knows, Beanes Katana now has the taste for blood...

I believe the round of cuts are over for the time being. Sometimes between now and next Wednesday we're likely to hear about a couple of restructures. Perhaps an extension nor two. 

I suspect we sign a couple of our own FAs back between now and just before FA opens as well.

• Agree 3

3 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Happy?  While I appreciate the effort and time of the players that got cut yesterday, the moves were needed.  IMHO the moves were done a year late.

Too old, slowing down, injuries and big bloated contracts.  It had to be done.  And if you read my post, I think most moves to have cap room will be contract moves not cuts, but a cut or 2 won't surprise me.

Who else do you think is going to be cut from the team?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

i'd not be surprised to see a cut but the expectation is two reworks for two players not named Josh. there could be a trade to get the numbers correct also... just depends on the players as i understand.

Ooooh...I really want a trade.  It loves the precious draft picks...

Yas Omg GIF by O&O, Inc

I'm hoping in the next CBA that contract restructuring is not allowed anymore.  If you screwed up your cap, you should have to deal with consequences. If that means you have a bunch of street JAGs to fill your roster so be it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Who else do you think is going to be cut from the team?

I don't see any cuts, but who knows. Josh and Dawkins restructures gets us about 29 mill in cap room.  That's  20 mill to start FA, which is more than enough.

I'm gonna go ahead and kick the hornets nest ( because I only have 1 cup of coffee so far...) and say... 20 mill allows us to trade ..... Diggs 😁

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

I'm hoping in the next CBA that contract restructuring is not allowed anymore.  If you screwed up your cap, you should have to deal with consequences. If that means you have a bunch of street JAGs to fill your roster so be it. 

Why would either side want to sign off on that? A restructure benefits both the team and the player 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I don't see any cuts, but who knows. Josh and Dawkins restructures gets us about 29 mill in cap room.  That's  20 mill to start FA, which is more than enough.

I'm gonna go ahead and kick the hornets nest ( because I only have 1 cup of coffee so far...) and say... 20 mill allows us to trade ..... Diggs 😁

I'd rather trade Knox.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Why? It is good for literally everyone. The players get their money faster and the team gets cap flexibility. There is very little downside.

13 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Yeah that’s not happening nor should it

20 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

I’d expect contract restructurings for Allen, and prob Dawkins and Taron Johnson

Owen rule out something being done about Dawson Knox’s contract

• Agree 2

I am worried about disrupting the progress of the running game.  They finally built it and now center-left guard is going to be a concern until the games start and we see them succeed.

They have to sign a veteran DE and DT in free agency they have no choice.  I would like them to sign espenesa and daquan jones back even though jones is old and the team has made an effort here to get younger but he may come back on a team friendly deal.

33 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I'd rather trade Knox.

Oooooh...

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

They haven't restructured Allen yet, right? That frees up 20+ million, I think. Ed Oliver as well.

Oliver just got a new contract last year.  Wait until the 2025 offseason to touch his contract again.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Trying to use free agency to build your team hardly ever works out. I think Brandon is doing it right

Get some baseline guys in free agency to fill holes players that have been in the system as starters hit on your draft picks

He keeps us cap compliant and allows us to have a little bit of money every year to continue to replenish baseline guys

I don't like this year's group of FA's over all.  I would love to have another 2nd round pick instead

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

They’re not gonna draft 11 players he’s going to use some of those pics to trade up into higher rounds

Even with the players that we lost yesterday we wouldn’t be able to give a jersey to 11 new guys in the draft. There is too much talent on this team still

True, but we keep getting promising players plucked from our PS. This is a good year to use more young players in meaningful roles. We will struggle at first, but like KC, things could come together later in the season when it matters, i.e. Rashee Rice.

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Get to 40 mil in space and take a big swing.

Chris Jones

Christian Wilkins (camp fights with Josh)

DJ Reader

Leonard Williams

+ Re-sign DQ. 

Derrick Henry if he doesn’t sign with Ravens

CB Jaylon Johnson?  only 24
We tried to acquire him at the trade deadline.

That would be super intriguing.  Benford or Rasul could move to Safety 

*Edit Franchise Tagged

Paying Chris Jones and Wilkins and Reader and Leonard Williams and Derrick Henry and trading for Jaylon Johnson who’s franchise tagged…? 

Please give a detailed account as to how you’re paying all these guys with the limited cap space we are likely to have…

I thought I would create one thread and do the following:

1. Merge the current cap projection threads
  2. Provide a daily update for 2024 in the first post from sportrac and over the cap as being primary sources
  3. While not a reliable # yet, update daily, in the first post, the 2025 projections from the same sources
  4. The remainder of the thread will contain “normal” chatter on the topic.

2024 projections:

Sportrac $7,462,633 Over

Overthecap $9,052,381 Over

2025 projections:

Sportrac $38,898,522 Under

Over the cap $29,041,425 Under

16 hours ago, MikePJ76 said:

I think if he asks them to send this years money via paypal and mark it as a GIFT it wont count.

I got this info from a backwards hat guy with a youtube channel who watches film.

Maybe you can pay them in gift cards and double down on fuel perks for the team bus visit to Niagara for the rookies this year? 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

2. Provide a daily update for 2024 in the first post from sportrac and over the cap as being primary sources
  3. While not a reliable # yet, update daily, in the first post, the 2025 projections from the same sources

2024 projections:

Sportrac $7,462,633 Over

2025 projections:

Thank you good sir.

15 hours ago, NoSaint said:

worse, if he doesn’t return to form you are just making it harder to escape.

If he was playing elite it would be worth a convo but the only way I’m making his 24 hit worse is by spreading his dead money because he’s cut. 

I’m gonna say that I think that Von Miller is going to return to some version of what he was and this will look like a smart deal

• Like (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Maybe you can pay them in gift cards and double down on fuel perks for the team bus visit to Niagara for the rookies this year? 🤔

Tickets to the Canadian Ballet? 😁

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m gonna say that I think that Von Miller is going to return to some version of what he was and this will look like a smart deal

I hope so. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

While I appreciate the effort and time of the players that got cut yesterday, the moves were needed.  IMHO the moves were done a year late.

Yes.  They got a little old last season.  They probably should have bit the bullet on Poyer last season.   

• Agree 2

• BuffaloBill changed the title to Cap Status as of 3/7/2024 9:00 AM (look at 1st post for daily update on projections)
26 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yes.  They got a little old last season.  They probably should have bit the bullet on Poyer last season.   

Yeah, you could actually witness some players slowing down as the season went on.

I'm of the mindset that once players start getting a little long in the tooth and can't perform to the highest level, you have to start letting these guys go......it's nothing personal, it's a business and a franchise that keeps personnel due to the fact that it becomes personal, isn't running their business effectively.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBill said:

2024 projections:

Sportrac $7,462,633 Over

2025 projections:

Is this the current cap with the Tre White release or without? Since the 10 million from Tre roles off after June 1 seems this would make them cap compliant before doing anything further 

If we cut Josh Allen, the dead cap hit is only 99 million.  Now, if that's too rich for your blood, we could always just make him a post June 1st cut and spread some of it into next year. 

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If we cut Josh Allen, the dead cap hit is only 99 million.  Now, if that's too rich for your blood, we could always just make him a post June 1st cut and spread some of it into next year. 

Could the Bills workout a deal with Lay's or Verizon where they pay him $50,000,000 a year and we get him at vet minimum?  

Once Allen's restructure is completed the Bills will have $20-22 million to spend in FA and for the draft pool. Not huge amounts but they can sign a number of budget FAs with that money.

15 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Is this the current cap with the Tre White release or without? Since the 10 million from Tre roles off after June 1 seems this would make them cap compliant before doing anything further 

They don't have until June 1st, they have to be cap compliant by next week or the week after I believe.

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Once Allen's restructure is completed the Bills will have $20-22 million to spend in FA and for the draft pool. Not huge amounts but they can sign a number of budget FAs with that money.

They don't have until June 1st, they have to be cap compliant by next week or the week after I believe.

They will.  One restructure (Allen) will be done during the tampering period I am guessing.  Remember Beane has said many times he doesn't kick the can until the money is spent.  

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

They will.  One restructure (Allen) will be done during the tampering period I am guessing.  Remember Beane has said many times he doesn't kick the can until the money is spent.  

It’s also a good way to tell agents I only have this much to spend.