New uniforms for the Jets in 2024

Gregg

4 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Go back to their 80s and early to mid 90s jerseys with the Jet as the T over the word Jets

What they wore against the Bills when Rodgers got hurt is what they are going back to. Their fans loved those uniforms.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm worried that the Bills are going to change their uniforms for the stadium opening and do something "modern" that looks stupid.

Look no further than the Jets, Falcons, Rams, Lions, etc. -- don't fix things that aren't broken. Less is more.

I don't anticipate that happening.  I think the Bills are aware they have very good uniforms currently.  Much better than the previous ones they had.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MPL said:

Whatever a team's uniform was in 1990, that's the uniform the team should go with. 1990 was the peak of NFL uniforms. 

Agree, but the white helmets are better for the Bills.

It ain’t gonna help, 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, MJS said:
2 hours ago, MPL said:

Whatever a team's uniform was in 1990, that's the uniform the team should go with. 1990 was the peak of NFL uniforms. 

Agree, but the white helmets are better for the Bills.

I don't know, man, it sounds like you're telling me 1980 was the peak of NFL uniforms

3 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

I'm worried that the Bills are going to change their uniforms for the stadium opening and do something "modern" that looks stupid.

Look no further than the Jets, Falcons, Rams, Lions, etc. -- don't fix things that aren't broken. Less is more.

The original standing buffalo logo is less than then complicated running buffalo logo.

We don't really give a ***** about this do we? Certainly not enough to discuss this on TBD. Wait a minute, I get it. Offseason. We discuss any of the most ridiculous things on here. Fair game. Carry on.

10 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

It ain’t gonna help, 

I read the thread title, and immediately thought of Seinfeld saying "Oh, that will fix everything."

I haven't looked at the Gang Green forum yet, but the majority will probably be ready to hang Woody Johnson, for rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. 😁

8 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I love the off-season. Debating the clothing options for multimillionaires next season. 

I'll have Gabby Greta stop by your office to discuss local matters. 🤔😁

• Haha (+1) 1

The Jets have a color scheme that offers far more then they have ever maximized uniform wise. I think the late 80s early 90s was their best look, I can understand those who liked the 60/70s/2000-2019 look, but truthfully I feel like something truly great exists just not sure it'll ever come to light.

25 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The Jets have a color scheme that offers far more then they have ever maximized uniform wise. I think the late 80s early 90s was their best look, I can understand those who liked the 60/70s/2000-2019 look, but truthfully I feel like something truly great exists just not sure it'll ever come to light.

The Namath era look and the 80's - 90's is a good look. In that way they are like the Bills. They have nice uniforms and color scheme with the green and white and what they are going back to looks great. The Bills and Jets are teams that don't have to change their uniforms designs/color schemes.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

A jets victory?

sad monty python and the holy grail GIF

A Jet's pyric victory?

It would suck to lose to the Jets. I would take a dark knot of schadenfreude at them being utterly f****d by losing their last Rodgers "Discount Doublecheck" year and then needing to pay him (at minimum) $ 49 million of cap space

I would like for the Bills to stick with their current uniforms for the foreseeable future. Ideally, stick to all-whites for road games and blue over white at home as much as possible.

Further, I would like for them to put the standing buffalo to bed for a while, and to make the 90s jerseys (both home and away, since this is apparently now a thing that's allowed in the NFL) their throwbacks for the next five years or so. The fans are absolutely clamoring for it. Why not take advantage and absolutely print money?

Then, after five (or however many years) of bleeding the 90s jerseys for all they're worth, retire those again and bring the standing buffalo jerseys back, but this time both home and away iterations. They'll feel more special after some time away and will be a welcome sight. I liked the home standing Buffalo jerseys, and I miss those. As for the all-white standing buffalo jerseys, they're the best in the sport.

Who says no?

Edited by Logic

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

I would like for the Bills to stick with their current uniforms for the foreseeable future. Ideally, stick to all-whites for road games and blue over white at home as much as possible.

Further, I would like for them to put the standing buffalo to bed for a while, and to make the 90s jerseys (both home and away, since this is apparently now a thing that's allowed in the NFL) their throwbacks for the next five years or so. The fans are absolutely clamoring for it. Why not take advantage and absolutely print money?

Then, after five (or however many years) of bleeding the 90s jerseys for all they're worth, retire those again and bring the standing buffalo jerseys back, but this time both home and away iterations. They'll feel more special after some time away and will be a welcome sight. I liked the home standing Buffalo jerseys, and I miss those. As for the all-white standing buffalo jerseys, they're the best in the sport.

Who says no?

I would say go with the all-whites at home when it's hot/warm out for those August/September games. After that blue over white at home all the time. They should also go with blue over white on the road when the other team wants to wear white at home.

Edited by Gregg
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

I would say go with the all-whites at home when it's hot/warm out for those August/September games. After that blue over white at home all the time. They should also go with blue over white on the road when the other team wants to wear white at home.

Agreed.

I've always been a fan of teams that elect to wear white at home anyway (and I happen to like the Bills all-whites better than any of their other uniform sets), but it especially makes sense when the weather is hot.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

Agreed, but I wouldn't mind the return of the grazing red Buffalo helmet permanently.  Or maybe make the Buffalo Blue to note a change?

16 minutes ago, eball said:

Lipstick on a pig.

It is their time to shine. They are the defending offseason champions. Last year it was Rodgers and now it's the uniforms.  I just hope Woody Johnson remains their owner for a very long time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.