I do love this clip with Tom Brady and Josh

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I know a lot of Bills fans hate Brady, but I would love for him to take Allen under his wing. 

as soon as he retired i didn't hate him. he is still a smarmy douche but i don't hate him anymore. he's just a piece of stinky poop that cheated on his pregnant girlfriend and left her. but he's retired so i don't hate him. i just think he's a pompous whinny brat who is too much like a diva to be a good person. but i don't dislike him.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, boyst said:

as soon as he retired i didn't hate him. he is still a smarmy douche but i don't hate him anymore. he's just a piece of stinky poop that cheated on his pregnant girlfriend and left her. but he's retired so i don't hate him. i just think he's a pompous whinny brat who is too much like a diva to be a good person. but i don't dislike him.

Pretty much exactly how it went for me.

I will say, having Josh and being the perennial AFC East champs helps that along as well. If we were still in a never ending cycle of 6-8 wins I might still hate him a bit. But luckily I dont have to worry about that.

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

When Josh said "This is my dad" I didnt notice his actual father caddying at first, and thought he was talking smack by introducing old man Tom Brady to people as his dad. :lol:

Wouldve been a good one, but wholesome moment either way.

Same here. Had to watch it twice to notice his actual dad there. Lol

35 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I know a lot of Bills fans hate Brady, but I would love for him to take Allen under his wing. 

My opinions on Brady (and Belichick for that matter) changed a while back. Used to really dislike them both, but really looking back at it, I'm more pissed off that they had the division uncontested for almost 2 decades. I'm more upset at the Bills for failing to build anything competitive over that time frame and hiring guys like Chan, Dick Jauron and Marrone. Drafting guys like JP and EJ. 

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, boyst said:

There there, get it out....🤗

• Haha (+1) 1

I was a pretty big Jordan fan growing up and now that I have gotten older I realized Jordan is a SOB in just about every way possible. Certainly worse than Tom Brady. So it really doesn't make sense to hate on Tom as much as I have. Clearly it's because I'm a Bills fan. Ultimately it's code for respect. I would nothing anybody else. The fact that I can feel anything for Brady shows respect. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Is Josh standing in a divot? He is taller than Brady, no? 

I wondered the same thing.  He's definitely not shorter in real life, so it just be a funny camera angle or something that we can't see going on.  In the clip, Josh appears to be at least 2 inches shorter.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

My opinions on Brady (and Belichick for that matter) changed a while back. Used to really dislike them both, but really looking back at it, I'm more pissed off that they had the division uncontested for almost 2 decades. I'm more upset at the Bills for failing to build anything competitive over that time frame and hiring guys like Chan, Dick Jauron and Marrone. Drafting guys like JP and EJ. 

JP should have been a franchise QB, that coaching staff and organization ruined him...please don't lump him in with EJ, he was significantly better physically and mentally at the position.

Still bums me out how badly they wasted JP and if he came into the league now, in the right spot, I think he would be elite (not right spot in terms of having the right players or system around him, but a genuine support system that knew how to coach him...he reminds me of Josh Allen a lot honestly in a lot of ways

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, HardyBoy said:

JP should have been a franchise QB, that coaching staff and organization ruined him...please don't lump him in with EJ, he was significantly better physically and mentally at the position.

Still bums me out how badly they wasted JP and if he came into the league now, in the right spot, I think he would be elite (not right spot in terms of having the right players or system around him, but a genuine support system that knew how to coach him...he reminds me of Josh Allen a lot honestly in a lot of ways

JP is currently a personnel director or something for the University of Oklahoma 

7 hours ago, Einstein said:

There was hate but in my case turned into respect after he left NE,  as a Knicks fan too, same with Jordan,  even though I was a little kid then, very similar 

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

JP is currently a personnel director or something for the University of Oklahoma 

https://theathletic.com/2537042/2021/04/23/ex-bills-qb-j-p-losman-didnt-let-his-disappointing-nfl-career-define-him-instead-he-found-his-calling-at-clemson/

It's behind a paywall...that coaching staff and organization would have broken Josh Allen too, just how they broke JP.

I think people minimize the importance of having humility and a growth mindset in a leadership position and let really smart and passionate people genuinely ask why things are a certain way, not because they are challenging authority, but because they want to deeply and truly understand ideas and how things connect.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

Joshua Patrick Allen.

JP II. 

You get a re-do. 😉 

9 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

Here's the thing: JP didnt want to be a starter. He could've been a winner here with that staff if he wanted to be the guy, but he didn't. He wanted to ride the pine and play drums. Maybe he matured now, but at the time he had no interest in being the guy. 

2 hours ago, Gigs said:

Here's the thing: JP didnt want to be a starter. He could've been a winner here with that staff if he wanted to be the guy, but he didn't. He wanted to ride the pine and play drums. Maybe he matured now, but at the time he had no interest in being the guy. 

That's not at all what that Athletic article made it sound like. Sounds like the coaching staff felt threatened by a super smart, curious and passionate kid who wanted to truly understand things...he likely found contradictions in what people were saying, called them out and those people realized they got figured out as not actually really truly knowing what they're talking about, so they basically quiet fired him.

Happens in business often as well...ask me how I know.

9 hours ago, Uncle Monkeyhead said:

Can someone post a transcript or alternative video source? I am no longer on Facebook. Please help a bills brother out

Josh Allen and the douche Tom Brady are face to face beside a golf green. 

"Nine?! NINE?!" Exclaims a pompous Tom. "You're 27 years old." He is seemingly making fun of Josh's golf handicap.

"I know. I know." Josh Allen replies with a chuckle and an air of confidence, impenetrable to Tom's jabs.

"I'm 47" brags the arrogant Tom.

"You're retired" Josh points out.

Game. Set. Match.

Josh turns slightly to reveal his caddy beside him. An older gentleman wearing a vest and carrying a flag. Not obese or fat, but carrying the extra weight of a father who's lived a full life.

"This is my dad" says Josh as he introduces the older gentleman to an aging Tom.

A quick expression flashes across Tom's face, likely unnoticeable to the inexperienced eye, as he undoubtedly recognizes he's joined the old ranks. In fact, within this seemingly normal encounter, Josh has essentially guided Tom into his place on the line. Another statue in a group who's lofty dreams have turned to memories and who are relegated to the sidelines as they gaze upon the younger generation who have supplanted them.

The two veterans of life exchange greetings and pleasantries.

"You're son is a great kid."

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 hours ago, HardyBoy said:

man I remember thinking the same thing.  Thought that he was a stud during the chiefs game in Buffalo which they have the highlights of in the first minute here.  That Lee Evans touchdown where the security guard broke his leg happened right in front of us.  His deep ball was a thing of beauty and he had the skill set to be something imo.    

17 hours ago, The 9 Isles said:

Is Josh standing in a divot? He is taller than Brady, no? 

Yes, by 1-2 inches.  Must be standing downhill on a slope.

10 hours ago, CowgirlsFan said:

I'm still puzzled when Tom said "nine'.

Allen's golf handicap, I believe.

Brady's is not that much lower: 8

Aaron Rodgers is 4 or 5 or something like that.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mynamemike said:

man I remember thinking the same thing.  Thought that he was a stud during the chiefs game in Buffalo which they have the highlights of in the first minute here.  That Lee Evans touchdown where the security guard broke his leg happened right in front of us.  His deep ball was a thing of beauty and he had the skill set to be something imo.    

It really feels like to me he pushed the coaches to explain the purpose of certain concepts and Losman basically realized that they were largely frauds...like yes they obviously understood football at an elite level, but as far as actually innovating and building something, I'm guessing he uncovered that they were frauds and were just doing the things that you're supposed to do, instead of having and understanding the actual purpose behind it and truly building something, or maybe it was that and a mix of being so terrified of failing and thinking it's better to deliver something mediocre than try to build excellence, without having the true nuanced conceptual understanding to realize that failing (at least quickly and in small ways that prove it will fail generally) is really good and important. It's allowing you to eliminate dead ends while getting rid of the clutter paths when trying to build connections and it's those connections that allow you to be flexible and dynamic.

They just build silos that ultimately are a net negative because they prevent connections from happening, but all sit around patting themselves on the back congratulating one another on a great job well done and promoting themselves to higher level roles through a nepatonistic cluster of crap organizational politics, while shifting all the blame and basically all of the work and none of the credit to the people who see through it and still try and make things excellent, because they know those people care so much and will not let it fail (even though they should).

Ahem, as I mentioned earlier up thread, this stuff happens in business too and perhaps I can relate a bit with JP in terms of what was written in that Athletic article.

But in case you think I'm being crazy, think of coaches that are part of a coaching tree, get hired into head coaching and coordinator positions, but then fail. The Packers and Eagles DCs are great examples...they just run "the Fangio" defense all the time, without realizing there is a time and place for it and not understanding why it works or the purpose or whatever, so they fail (I watched a YouTube video on that yesterday actually)... I'm not crazy (at least about this...though I have no idea how to get out of that type of situation, cause at least in my case I keep thinking things will change or people will start to listen).

Edited by HardyBoy
  • Like (+1) 1

I don’t hate Brady, I just never liked him for several reasons and the biggest reason is because he wasn’t ours and he always kicked our asses. But like it or not, he is one of the greatest, or THE greatest, QBs to play the game and seeing videos like this, makes him more human and likable and he sure seems to have taken a liking to Josh which is definitely a good thing. There are a lot of videos of them together or with banter between the two, I guess kinda talkin sh** that they know each will hear. Good stuff, always and I believe Brady is probably in some way as well.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.