Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Over a tweet lol 

Nobody is saying this “over a tweet”

Hes been on some weird vibes since the Bengals game and a lot of us would absolve him of it if he didn’t choke in the playoffs, getting sonned by Snead every year. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Ah Wat?  Diggs has no "cash bonus" due 3/17. 

His 2024 salary does guarantee on 3/17, but it would still cost the Bills extra  cap ($31M vs $27.8M) to trade him, and leave us a gaping hole on offense at WR.  And it's his salary, not a cash bonus.

The dead cap does NOT include his 2024 salary, just signing and restructure bonuses.

His dead cap is not that much larger than his cap hit (only about $3M) but the main problem is where are you gonna get the extra cap AND replace the talent?

Maybe if some team is willing to trade us a talented young receiver on their 1st contract but why would they do that?

It would, but then we have to replace the talent level.  And if another team is willing to give us a 1st for him.....he's still got the talent level.

Well If his cap hit isn't THAT much, Im willing to trade him for Justin Jefferson and a 1st. How crazy would that be 😳

• Haha (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, BillsfaninSB said:

no way with the Bills get a first for a wide receiver over 30 who is not playing like a WR#1 right now. 

Yeah, that's the paradox - if we're willing to move him, either his talent level has plummeted or he's Trouble in the Teepee behind the scenes.

Intrinsically, that means another team isn't going to see high value in a WR who'll be almost 31 when the season starts, and who is due $18.5M in salary.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If we believe Josh Allen is that dude (and he is), we can eat the couple mil extra and trade him.

This dude is exhausting, has yet to once step up in a big playoff game and his play last half of the year does not warrant the constant weird vibes from him. 

If we can get a RD1 pick, I’m trading him.

Dallas seems logical with his brother after Jerry Jones comments about going “all in” and proceeding to do nothing so far.

Do I think that’s what this is about?  No. 

Do I think we’re trading him? No. 

But Diggs knows what he’s doing and it’s beyond tiresome. 

Yeah, he’s trolling a million idiots

19 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

his tweet has made it onto WGR550 

Ohhh thanks clarifying. I'm a bit ignorant with the cap hit / contract intricate details 

NP I had to take a calculator to all the bonuses in Spotrac to be sure I had it right.

8 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

in theory, couldn't his contract be reworked, agreed to and then he's traded?

If he has specifically made it known to the Bills he would prefer to move on....couldn't we rework his deal to make it more favorable for us and the acquiring team?

That's actually an interesting question.  

What makes Diggs "untradeable" to the Bills, is all the amortized bonuses (signing, option, restructure) that would all accelerate into the current year.  We have to pay more to cut or trade him than we pay to keep him, AND we need to feel confident we've replaced his average of 111 catches and 1300 yds since 2020 (or at least 100 catches and 1000+ yds).

What the trade partner normally takes on is any roster or workout bonuses due, salary and incentives.  So those can 100% be reworked to make him a more attractive trade partner.  Sometimes the trading team agrees to eat part of the salary, sometimes the player extends his contract and renegotiates, the receiving team can also convert part of his salary to bonus (since they have no bonus already on the book, the trading team ate them).

But the part that makes him a "poison pill" for the Bills to move on from - his amortized bonuses that accelerate into now PLUS the need to replace his talent - as far as I know, that's all money the player has already received and I don't think the CBA allows give-backs on those.

• Like (+1) 1

Historically speaking, he is baiting the hook and seeing how many people bite. It’s kinda funny at this point. He could tweet out “New shoes” and people are gonna be like “OMG ARE THEY BLACK AND SILVER? DIGGS TO RAIDERS CONFIRMED!!”

Just remember this is part of his offseason entertainment. Stop reading into it so much.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah, he’s trolling a million idiots

TBH, I'm not even sure Diggs is trolling.  He loves him his cryptic tweets and the 'wutever' he's ready for could be the two women he checked into suites at the same hotel and his plans for the evening, the success of his fashion line - anything.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KingBoots8 said:

Historically speaking, he is baiting the hook and seeing how many people bite. It’s kinda funny at this point. He could tweet out “New shoes” and people are gonna be like “OMG ARE THEY BLACK AND SILVER? DIGGS TO RAIDERS CONFIRMED!!”

Just remember this is part of his offseason entertainment. Stop reading into it so much.

ehhh most of his tweets are clearly nothing.

This one who knows

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I've been critical of Diggs' antics, but tweeting "ready for whatever" is not remotely worth worrying about.

It’s watever and that is worrisome. 

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

intriguing timing that Dallas just released Gallup and Vander Esch though

You do understand that Diggs tweets more about non-football life than he does football life, right? And "ready for watever" could mean a million different things having nothing to do with Football.

Even people who are generally annoyed by Diggs think it's nothing.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Or a coincidence 

Perhaps! 

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

You do understand that Diggs tweets more about non-football life than he does football life, right? And "ready for watever" could mean a million different things having nothing to do with Football.

Even people who are generally annoyed by Diggs think it's nothing.

I realize that. Almost of his tweets are clearly nothing. This one just reads different IMO

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

..... or you just want it to.

or…. teams have employees who literally monitor social media accounts around the league then immediately notify the front office when a player appears to “want out” or anything along those lines.

this is exactly how his trade from Minny got started

This guy apparently has some connections for Houston area teams.  Reading through his replies on other posts, people trust him.

He just reposted this.  

• Like (+1) 1

I aspire in life to become a Top 20 Trend Nationally on X because I posted “ready for watever”. 

He’s officially become the story of the NFL right now. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Haha (+1) 1

Getting a 1st rd pick for him at this point would be highway robbery. If that's on the table we should take it and not look back. He's on the wrong side of his career and won't find a team with a better QB. All the best teams know when it's time to move on from these types of players. It's time, if the deal is there, jump on it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I aspire in life to become a Top 20 Trend Nationally on X because I posted “ready for watever”. 

He’s officially become the story of the NFL right now. 

Who is talking about it other than trolls on Twitter and mlffootball?

1 minute ago, babulator said:

Getting a 1st rd pick for him at this point would be highway robbery. If that's on the table we should take it and not look back. He's on the wrong side of his career and won't find a team with a better QB. All the best teams know when it's time to move on from these types of players. It's time, if the deal is there, jump on it.

I could see a team like Dallas or Houston doing this.

Teams that feel locked and loaded for a run and don’t want to take a risk on a draft pick or feel he’s the missing piece. 

Now, you could say that for us too.. but we’ve been through multiple runs with him and he’s pulled disappearing acts in all of them. 

• Like (+1) 1