Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

That's true.

Here's what Diggs said about his future with the Bills in 2022.

"I felt like my next spot was my last spot," Diggs said to the media after signing his extension. "I wanted it to be my home, and I didn't want to ever go anywhere. It was important to me especially in my first year and second year, you just kind of felt like you were building family."

Here's what Diggs said about his future with the Bills in 2024.

" I don't know, I feel like, as far as all of that with the money and all that type of stuff, I can't control none of that. I kind of put my hat on. It's a long offseason, and as far as what the future holds, I don't have any surprises for you right now."

Do these comments seem different to you? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

BONUS INFO:

Here's Diggs in Minnesota:

"But things soured between Diggs and Minnesota in the two years following, despite the receiver enjoying career-high production. Diggs was fined in October for missing Vikings meetings and practices, which preceded and inspired trade rumors that subsided but never really went away."

Wow, Diggs skipping meetings and missing practices?  That seems......kind of familiar.

Diggs negative comments in Minnesota circa 2019:

"I can't sit up here and say everything is okay, it's obviously not. What I can say at this point is just try to work through it."

Of course, Minnesota fans were twisting themselves into KNOTS that all was well with Diggs at that time. He's just a fiery guy!

And then, of course, Diggs backtracked:

#Vikings WR Stefon Diggs on his comments last week: "I never said I was unhappy or uncomfortable with my role. I said I wanted to win, that was what my frustrations were and that's where it kind of got misconstrued last week.''

Well, at least we know he later cleared the air and definitely wasn't traded in the offseason......

Here's the story of Diggs in TC this season:

“Diggs’ frustration is with his role in the offense and his voice in play-calling, per a league source close to the Bills’ locker room,” Volin wrote. “He was visibly agitated at Allen during the 27-10 playoff loss to the Bengals, stormed out of the locker room almost immediately after the game, and didn’t attend any voluntary workouts this offseason.”

Hmmmmm, kind of sounds familiar as well.

This post might actually be worse than your last post.  Is it sweaty with that tin foil hat on?  Talk about trying to force a narrative, this actually wreaks of desperation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This post might actually be worse than your last post.  Is it sweaty with that tin foil hat on?  Talk about trying to force a narrative, this actually wreaks of desperation.

You didn't post a single thing of substance to refute any of it lol.  Talk about "wreaking" of desperation.

I'm pretty confident Diggs will be gone in 25. Maybe earlier. Feel free to bookmark this post.

BTW, McD absolutely did want to run the football more, which Brady did, and why he got hired. Score one more for the good guys.

14 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You're just assuming that he doesn't "mean" his controversial statements, right?  That's your shade of gray. 

He's saying controversial things, things that will get media headlines, speculation, etc etc, he just doesn't mean them?

That's fine to have that take. It's not fine to have that take, and also say "he's not saying anything controversial." 

So if you agree that he's saying controversial things on purpose, which it sounds like you do, you seem pretty confident he means nothing by it or that he's just "trolling." I'm not sure where you have gotten that level of confidence.  Because on Diggs' last team, he said a lot of controversial things, and was eventually traded.

Maybe you know Diggs or his camp intimately?

I don't think he said anything "controversial" here. He simply didn't say exactly what you wanted to hear. It was a perfectly standard statement that I've heard players say many times before. And in not saying exactly what you wanted to hear, you're reading between the lines.

If you re-read the post that you're both using as a "gotcha", I never said that was what he was doing in this case specifically. On the contrary, I ended it by saying he's done things in the past worth discussing. But that this is nothing. Something I've alluded to this entire time.

Do I know the Diggs camp intimately? No, I don't. But we're entering Year 5 of Diggs on this team. We've seen him play with the media and say and do things way more, enigmatically, if you will. And the result is the same. He's either flat out re-signed with the team and professed his desire to be here forever or suited up every game that year. 

I could play the same game with you. Do you know the Diggs camp intimately? Because this is the most yawn worthy of "news" attributed to him in the Offseason. Why are you so sure it means more than what he very clearly said? Why is this so different?

Edited by BillsFanForever19

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Punching yourself in the taint by cutting a player who has had over a thousand yards the last four years straight for negative cap space is only in the head of shock jocks desperate for hot takes and delusional recense bias fans. 

Again, it is not negative cap space to move on from Diggs if done as a post-6/1 designation.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

And would it shock you that 7 receivers in the history of the NFL had more yards their rookie season than Diggs had last year? 

Something happened to Diggs around the Jacksonville game. Before that he was excellent, I believe on pace for his best season ever. In that game he let a 5'9 CB rip the ball out of his hands, and then his season progressively got worse from there. Over the final 10 games he had 422 yards on 80 targets... So like I said it would not be a surprise for a 1st round rookie WR to exceed that performance, with Allen throwing the ball it would be the expectation really. Kincaid is the first pass catcher we drafted in the 1st round in the Josh Allen era and he immediately broke a couple franchise records. Any WR that isn't a total bust should be able to step in and produce right away.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I don't think he said anything "controversial" here. He simply didn't say exactly what you wanted to hear. It was a perfectly standard statement that I've heard players say many times before. And in not saying exactly what you wanted to hear, you're reading between the lines.

If you re-read the post that you're both using as a "gotcha", I never said that was what he was doing in this case specifically. On the contrary, I ended it by saying he's done things in the past worth discussing. But that this is nothing. Something I've alluded to this entire time.

Do I know the Diggs camp intimately? No, I don't. But we're entering Year 5 of Diggs on this team. We've seen him play with the media and say and do things way more, enigmatically, if you will. And the result is the same. He's either flat out re-signed with the team and professed his desire to be here forever or suited up every game that year. 

I could play the same game with you. Do you know the Diggs camp intimately? Because this is the most yawn worthy of "news" attributed to him in the Offseason. Why are you so sure it means more than what he very clearly said? Why is this so different?

So I guess I'm misunderstanding.  You don't think these comments out of Diggs are intentionally controversial, because you don't think they are controversial at all?

I guess the media disagrees because they all keep writing about it.

I don't know the Diggs camp intimately.  Like you said, he has history but you're misremembering. Diggs did NOT make enigmatic comments between 2020 and 2022. There's nothing there. Something changed in 2022. And there's his entire enigmatic press clippings prior to 2020 from his former team, where he eventually ended up traded, which he later admitted he wanted.

"The circumstances of Diggs' departure from the Vikings have been covered before. He wasn't happy with an increasingly run-focused offense. Relationships became frayed. Eventually, his actions (missing practice) and words (social media musings) gave way to the trade."

https://www.startribune.com/stefon-diggs-cover-story-sheds-light-on-vikings-departure/600002569/

So what we have here is a WR with a history of toeing the line of less than perfect behavior on social media and media in general to get moved from a place where he's unhappy.

Which is why ALL of the stuff over the last two years has BEEN a story. 

I don't know if Diggs wants out or not.  I do know he has ran a similar playbook to get out of Minnesota. I do know this song and dance with the media has gotten extremely old.

That's my take.

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You didn't post a single thing of substance to refute any of it lol.  Talk about "wreaking" of desperation.

I'm pretty confident Diggs will be gone in 25. Maybe earlier. Feel free to bookmark this post.

BTW, McD absolutely did want to run the football more, which Brady did, and why he got hired. Score one more for the good guys.

LMAO at this cop out...So NOW you are saying 2025 a whole other season from now when Diggs contract is actually movable.  LMAO...ground breaking work.  

And EVERYONE and their MOM wanted us to actually RUN the ball more because we didn't have a run game and put too much on Josh.  So don't hide your ridiculous post in your thread that McD wanted to run a "pound the rock" offense to the tune of "3 ypc" behind the obvious fact that we NEEDED to run the ball more than we did under either Daboll or Dorsey.

2 more L's for you here.  Keep em coming though

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

LMAO at this cop out...So NOW you are saying 2025 a whole other season from now when Diggs contract is actually movable.  LMAO...ground breaking work.  

And EVERYONE and their MOM wanted us to actually RUN the ball more because we didn't have a run game and put too much on Josh.  So don't hide your ridiculous post in your thread that McD wanted to run a "pound the rock" offense to the tune of "3 ypc" behind the obvious fact that we NEEDED to run the ball more than we did under either Daboll or Dorsey.

2 more L's for you here.  Keep em coming though

Cop out?  I never said I thought Diggs was gonna be gone this season. I said it was possible as a post 6/1 move, because it is.  Are you even reading my posts?

If you wanna talk L's, are you still mad about CJ Spiller not reaching his magical 2k season? Or wanting Daboll gone?

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

So I guess I'm misunderstanding.  You don't think these comments out of Diggs are intentionally controversial, because you don't think they are controversial at all?

I guess the media disagrees because they all keep writing about it.

I don't know the Diggs camp intimately.  Like you said, he has history but you're misremembering. Diggs did NOT make enigmatic comments between 2020 and 2022. There's nothing there. Something changed in 2022. And there's his entire enigmatic press clippings prior to 2020 from his former team, where he eventually ended up traded, which he later admitted he wanted.

"The circumstances of Diggs' departure from the Vikings have been covered before. He wasn't happy with an increasingly run-focused offense. Relationships became frayed. Eventually, his actions (missing practice) and words (social media musings) gave way to the trade."

https://www.startribune.com/stefon-diggs-cover-story-sheds-light-on-vikings-departure/600002569/

So what we have here is a WR with a history of toeing the line of less than perfect behavior on social media and media in general to get moved from a place where he's unhappy.

Which is why ALL of the stuff over the last two years has BEEN a story. 

I don't know if Diggs wants out or not.  I do know he has ran a similar playbook to get out of Minnesota. I do know this song and dance with the media has gotten extremely old.

That's my take.

As I've said, the media reporting on things doesn't mean the content is worth reporting on. Especially this time of the year. Things that wouldn't even get typed up midseason will get the front page. Digging through Diggs' tweets and playing keyboard sleuth can get clicks and views. 

They know it. Diggs knows it. And in offseasons past, Diggs has used the media to keep his name on people's lips. Typing tweets that could be read one way to create "news" that isn't there.

But this is just an honest question with an honest answer. You can choose to take it for what it is. Or you can put on a tinfoil hat and say "I think what he's really saying is this" or "in not saying this, he's really saying this".

And to all of this, I'll just quote the man himself:

"But here we are again revisiting the topic about how I feel. I play with confidence, I go home with confidence. I prepare each and every week. I've always been a professional. I've never really said anything about being unhappy. So when you draw conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me because it kind of throws a wrench in it. It creates chaos where I haven't created chaos. I've said the same words over and over and over. But when you draw conclusions in how I feel in my foreseeable future here. I've never said anything but I'm a Buffalo Bill. I give it everything I got. I'm a professional and I treat this game as such."

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

As I've said, the media reporting on things doesn't mean the content is worth reporting on. Especially this time of the year. Things that wouldn't even get typed up midseason will get the front page. Digging through Diggs' tweets and playing keyboard sleuth can get clicks and views. 

They know it. Diggs knows it. And in offseasons past, Diggs has used the media to keep his name on people's lips. Typing tweets that could be read one way to create "news" that isn't there.

But this is just an honest question with an honest answer. You can choose to take it for what it is. Or you can put on a tinfoil hat and say "I think what he's really saying is this" or "in not saying this, he's really saying this".

And to all of this, I'll just quote the man himself:

I'm really confused. That Diggs quote you have "So when you draw conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me because it kind of throws a wrench in it. It creates chaos where I haven't created chaos."

But you say he does do that on purpose?

Edited by FireChans

28 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I'm really confused. That Diggs quote you have "So when you draw conclusions as to stuff I've never said, that's what kind of troubles me because it kind of throws a wrench in it. It creates chaos where I haven't created chaos."

I don't know why you're confused by that quote it's from the interview he did that the apparent "cryptic" comments came from. It's amazing that people just ignore that he said the media was just going to do whatever the hell they want and the only thing that actually matter is his actual relationships with the people that matters aka the team and Josh. But oh no he essentially acknowledges the tough cap and roster situation the team is in and his lack of control of that situation and it's all Diggs is a problem Diggs wants out. He hasn't done *****. He was a great teammate all season, did his performance fall off sure, don't know the reason.

• Thank you (+1) 3

49 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Cop out?  I never said I thought Diggs was gonna be gone this season. I said it was possible as a post 6/1 move, because it is.  Are you even reading my posts?

If you wanna talk L's, are you still mad about CJ Spiller not reaching his magical 2k season? Or wanting Daboll gone?

Clearly, you are totally missing the point of what people are pushing back on in this thread.  Its not whether or not its POSSIBLE Diggs COULD be traded.  Its this LAMP post by @Einsteinwho cherry picked a couple lines to manufacture FALSE CONTROVERSY with Diggs.  There is NO controversy or Diggs drama.  Also, 6/1 would be 2024, you just said 2025...you can't even stay on the same year.  But again, its not even about whether or not he can or can't be traded, its the nonsense of manufacturing false narratives and drama around him when there is none at this time.

If you want or @Einsteinwants to start a thread about whether Diggs COULD be traded or not...fair game.  To cherry pick a few lines to create FALSE DRAMA AND NARRATIVE is not only stupid but only brings the board down because many posters are gonna now think there is some drama that does NOT currently exist.  They then persist to regurgitate this false info all off season in every other thread. 

And LMAO...Over 20 years Ive been on this board and the only L you can ever go back to is when I thought after like an 1800 yard season Spiller could be an RB1.  I will take that track record 100 times over 

Daboll?  Yes, VERY glad he is gone.  I would take Daboll over Dorsey, but I am glad both are gone.  How is he doing in NY?  You know that team where reportedly the other coaches on his staff are looking for other jobs across the NFL to get off Daboll's sinking ship lol.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Clearly, you are totally missing the point of what people are pushing back on in this thread.  Its not whether or not its POSSIBLE Diggs COULD be traded.  Its this LAMP post by @Einsteinwho cherry picked a couple lines to manufacture FALSE CONTROVERSY with Diggs.  There is NO controversy or Diggs drama.  Also, 6/1 would be 2024, you just said 2025...you can't even stay on the same year.  But again, its not even about whether or not he can or can't be traded, its the nonsense of manufacturing false narratives and drama around him when there is none at this time.

If you want or @Einsteinwants to start a thread about whether Diggs COULD be traded or not...fair game.  To cherry pick a few lines to create FALSE DRAMA AND NARRATIVE is not only stupid but only brings the board down because many posters are gonna now think there is some drama that does NOT currently exist.  They then persist to regurgitate this false info all off season in every other thread. 

And LMAO...Over 20 years Ive been on this board and the only L you can ever go back to is when I thought after like an 1800 yard season Spiller could be an RB1.  I will take that track record 100 times over 

Daboll?  Yes, VERY glad he is gone.  I would take Daboll over Dorsey, but I am glad both are gone.  How is he doing in NY?  You know that team where reportedly the other coaches on his staff are looking for other jobs across the NFL to get off Daboll's sinking ship lol.  

You didn’t read any of my posts.

I said, in this thread, I think Diggs will be gone in 2025.

I said, in this thread, that Diggs is technically movable post 6/1 in 2024.

Feel to just respond to Einstein lol. Leave me out of this psychosis 

53 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I don't know why you're confused by that quote it's from the interview he did that the apparent "cryptic" comments came from. It's amazing that people just ignore that he said the media was just going to do whatever the hell they want and the only thing that actually matter is his actual relationships with the people that matters aka the team and Josh. But oh no he essentially acknowledges the tough cap and roster situation the team is in and his lack of control of that situation and it's all Diggs is a problem Diggs wants out. He hasn't done *****. He was a great teammate all season, did his performance fall off sure, don't know the reason.

The person I’m responding to is arguing that Diggs creates media controversies on purpose. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Ask Josh Allen that same question and no version of “I don’t know” or money stuff comes out of his mouth.

Zero. Zip. Nada

It would simply be “Absolutely and I can’t wait”, or some version of that.

And no it wasn’t a standard, nothing, Belichick type answer. Do you know what Belichick said just 3 days before he was fired? He said he plans to be the coach the next year. Because THAT is the type of answer you’re supposed to give. 

To be clear, there is absolutely zero chance that Josh is traded or released this offseason. 

Zero.  Zip. Nada. 

is it possible that Diggs gets released or traded?  Maybe. Or at least that’s what the internet says. 

So these aren’t equal situations. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You didn’t read any of my posts.

I said, in this thread, I think Diggs will be gone in 2025.

Feel to just respond to Einstein lol. Leave me out of this psychosis 

Psychosis is right lol.

He has been spamming this thread and tagging me and quoting me and reacting me for literally the past 5 hours. And here’s the thing - I haven’t responded to a single one of his rants. So he’s just been talking to himself for hours 🤷🏻‍♂️.

IMG-7034.jpg

Edited by Einstein

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Do you disagree that Diggs didn't "use the media to keep his name on people's lips" from 2020 to 2022?

2 hours ago, FireChans said:

Read between the lines. He's saying "unless you hear me specifically say something - don't put words in my mouth". As people are doing now in this thread of that Pro Bowl interview.

I do believe at times *in the past*, he has said and done some things that he knows the media will cover. Namely, when he was angling for a new contract. Tweets and stuff that can be read a million different ways. But never anything that a normal level headed person could say he was truly in the wrong or being controversial. Just little things to get people talking about him. He probably laughs at all the attention it gets and enjoys his name staying out there.

And again, just because the media talks about it in the Offseason, when they're absolutely starved and ravenous to report on anything, doesn't mean it's important news.

He's never said he's unhappy. He's never said there was a problem, outside of OTA's last season (which WAS something worth discussing at the time), and then he said they fixed it.

He's not saying anything here worth discussing. His lack of saying exactly what you think he should say and implying it means more than it does is putting words in his mouth. Even more so than the embarrassing offseason media. In the past, he has played with the media. But this is not that and this is not something that deserved a thread and everyone getting up in arms about.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

The person I’m responding to is arguing that Diggs creates media controversies on purpose. 

Again, you're putting words in my mouth. I never said he purposely creates "controversies" or problems. Just that at times, like when he wanted a new contract - I think he says things that he knows will get coverage. But it's the media and tinfoil hat fans that then twist it into something else. That's who causes the problems. 

As he himself has said, "i'm not responsible for how other people feel". He's never said anything that the media and fans should quote him as saying he's unhappy or wants out. Everyone just twists his words.

When there's truly a problem, as you posted from when he's in Minnesota, he'll say something or do something. Then it's fair to worry. But this doesn't fall under that umbrella or even of the umbrella of him toying with the media.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I’ve been critical of Diggs antics the last season or two. But honestly, since camp broke he’s been great all season. I was super happy. 

This Pro Bowl thing is a total nothing-burger. And I like to read too much sometimes and make something-burgers out those things.

That said, maybe he is unhappy here and wants out? Maybe he loves it here and the franchise is over him. Maybe everything is totally cool and he retires a Bill. 

But the one thing I am certain on is that if either party feels like they have to get out the difference between -$48M and -$51M in cap space won’t hold it back if it gets to that point. 

I just can’t see the bills letting go of WR1 when they need to acquire a WR2, WR4 and possibly WR5.  All they currently have is Diggs, Shakir and possibly Shorter who is unproven to this point.  Is Harty more than a returner? Plus we would need at least one more guy.

Diggs cap hit is in the top 10 of NFL wr’s.  Thing is, get rid of him and then pay another guy to be WR1? Gonna cost you more.

If we were doing a full rebuild, cut or trade him.  We are in the window with Josh and he is not going anywhere.  Cap dead money too prohibitive. 

Is it me or does Diggs look like he gained weight? His face looks a little different.

Maybe he lost motivation when Brady came onboard and cut down his downfield routes, started mailing it in a little.

Then he couldn't turn the focus back on when needed to on the few deep shots he got late in the year...

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I’ve been critical of Diggs antics the last season or two. But honestly, since camp broke he’s been great all season. I was super happy. 

This Pro Bowl thing is a total nothing-burger. And I like to read too much sometimes and make something-burgers out those things.

That said, maybe he is unhappy here and wants out? Maybe he loves it here and the franchise is over him. Maybe everything is totally cool and he retires a Bill. 

But the one thing I am certain on is that if either party feels like they have to get out the difference between -$48M and -$51M in cap space won’t hold it back if it gets to that point. 

He was a headache in at least one instance behind the scenes.  "Antics" is the perfect word for it.  

4 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Is it me or does Diggs look like he gained weight? His face looks a little different.

His face does look a little fuller, but he doesn't exactly look like porky here.  I don't think he's Sammy Watkins-ing

Capture.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

saw this on twitter this morning & almost had a heart attack. Was curious how'd you all feel if this did happen

Screenshot_1.jpg

i dont hate the idea personally & the trade partner surely makes sense given the history. Ideally i'd like things to work with Diggs here. But a trade like this would be bold & likely one of the only ways we can get out of the contract, without really hurting ourselves in the process

14 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

saw this on twitter this morning & almost had a heart attack. Was curious how'd you all feel if this did happen

Screenshot_1.jpg

i dont hate the idea personally & the trade partner surely makes sense given the history. Ideally i'd like things to work with Diggs here. But a trade like this would be bold & likely one of the only ways we can get out of the contract, without really hurting ourselves in the process

That must be from last year because otherwise, I don't know what either team is going to do with those 2023 picks.

• Haha (+1) 3

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Maybe he lost motivation when Brady came onboard and cut down his downfield routes, started mailing it in a little.

Then he couldn't turn the focus back on when needed to on the few deep shots he got late in the year...

If anything, I'd guess it's probably that he's getting older and at that part in his career when a player starts to lose a lil juice or whatever.

But anyones guess is as good as mine I assume

3 hours ago, Low Positive said:

That must be from last year because otherwise, I don't know what either team is going to do with those 2023 picks.

ha good eye! Yeah whoever posted it on twitter must've reused it from last year. So this must've been 1 of those xmas wish-list type trade ideas at the time. 
After the way Stef's play fell off & given his salary, idk if an offer would even look that good now, but who knows. The chances of it happening are slim to none anyways. So other than Stef handling his business on his own & regaining that form, i dont know what around him can change for the better to help. You'd like to say a new OC, but his play fell off a cliff after Brady took over. And from all the All-22 film i saw, the route concepts & even Stef himself were the main problems, of course im no expert.

So i guess we're just living on a prayer & hoping for the best next year?, really nothing else we can do. We can scheme ways to get him open & all that, but will we? After Brady took over, I havent seen 1 example of us doing that so far, with really anyone, but doesnt mean we havent or cant. Just remains to be seen if we will i suppose.

Not a great situation at all but with Josh Allen, anything is possible. Just wish it wasnt all on him.  GO BILLS

5 hours ago, Low Positive said:

Come on! You know one of our favorite hobbies is: What If? 

We are so smart we almost always get it right the second time. 

57 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

The antics were tolerable when elite play was the norm. At this point it’s annoying. 

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

It would be incredibly ironic if diggs wants out and is traded to a losing franchise. Got to think he refuses to go there haha

7 hours ago, brianthomas said:

Screenshot_1.jpg

I saw a proposal in Bleacher Report with the Giants.  Giants get Diggs and a 2024 6th and Bills get DT Dexter Lawrence and a 2024 2nd and 2024 5th.  As much as I love Diggs, I'd do that deal in a heartbeat!

• Agree 1

Trading Diggs is not going to happen. Diggs will be here for at least one more season. Would make zero sense to lose Diggs and Davis and roll the dice with an unproven rookie and Shakir. We won’t have the money to sign a top WR and we aren’t going to be swapping WRs with anyone. So unless the Bills are getting Harrison, he’s staying. 

2 hours ago, Bill51390 said:

Trading Diggs is not going to happen. Diggs will be here for at least one more season. Would make zero sense to lose Diggs and Davis and roll the dice with an unproven rookie and Shakir. We won’t have the money to sign a top WR and we aren’t going to be swapping WRs with anyone. So unless the Bills are getting Harrison, he’s staying. 

Just for kicks, let’s say we trade Diggs to Houston or Dallas along with a 2 or 3 in 25 & 6th this year for their 1st.

This frees up 19 mil in cap this season if post dated for June 1st. 

you now have 2 1st round picks.

Personally, my goal would be to try and snag 2 of…Brian Thomas Jr / Troy Franklin / Legette / Worthy

Another option could be trading for Cortland Sutton. He’s rumored available for a 4th.

had 10 TDs on 90 targets.  Has the ability to really explode with an elite QB. At the very least, he’s an upgrade from Gabe Davis 

his contract can be restructured upon acquisition to make his cap hit 3.5 mil this season & I believe 13 mil in 2025

Hollywood Brown is also realistic UFA target.  Michael Pittman is friends with Josh, but we’d need to get real creative with the $$

Unlikely…but possible WR makeover

Cortland Sutton 

Troy Franklin

Shakir

Hollywood Brown

Xavier Worthy

Beane & Sean made “explosive plays” a point of emphasis after the season

a WR room along these lines with Josh Allen would be a lot of fun to watch.

a big bodied WR in Sutton who could really flourish with a top QB. The plays he made against us were impressive. You can bet Beane took note.

Franklin has elite 4.3 speed with 18 YPC and showed he is QB friendly getting open on “ad lib” scramble plays.

Worthy has 4.29 speed and plays tough for his size. He would immediately be up there with Tyreek for fastest players in the NFL

Hollywood Brown is another elite speed guy who needs a restart.

I wish we had utilized Harty much more on offense. He has crazy short area quickness. He’s under contract for this season. We’ll see if he remains

Honestly, I just want this offense to add buckets of speed. We need multiple game breakers. Now.

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

i dunno if it is related or not, but statistically what stands out on the bills over the past few years (aside from josh, obv) is that the D is a dependable monster and diggs is a production machine.

the thing is, both of those fall to total crap in the playoffs.  kinda hard to say exactly why in all cases, but it's happened way too many times in a row for it to just be a random event.

that kind/level of drop off is too much.  based on that, if i had a no cost out o diggs, i'd take it, which is wild because i'd totall swap his contract to sign tee higgins, who just has never performed as well as diggs over the course of a given season.  im just hoping he sorts it out and we add some talent at wr so our playoff offense doesn't come down to a sumping diggs catching a perfect bomb from 17, or number 16 butter fingering balls in the corner (or davis the prior year).

16 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

Not yet.  

Why?  Just curious.  I am sure you have reasons, I just always wonder what's up when we get some of these "I could if I would but I won't" type cryptic comments (John Wawrow is somewhat notable for them)

12 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Just for kicks, let’s say we trade Diggs to Houston or Dallas along with a 2 or 3 in 25 & 6th this year for their 1st.

This frees up 19 mil in cap this season if post dated for June 1st.

I could be mistaken, but to my understanding the only time one can post-date a roster move is with a CUT.  Not a trade.  A CUT.

And when one does post-date a cut to after June 1, the cap relief only takes place after June 1st.

Edited by Beck Water