So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. So will you be watching the Super Bowl this year or no?

• Yes
    • No

I've seen 45 SBs in a row (XII, Dallas-Denver was my first) and I've hatewatched just about all of those.  It gets me through it.  I think the only times I've ever been truly happy at the end of a SB is when the Pats lost.

• Agree 1

I can’t partake in giving the Swiftie bowl more ratings. Plus watching Mahomes the media’s superstar hoist another trophy. And hear the media talk about how he is already the best to ever live all the while Allen has out played him the last 5 times they’ve faced each other but this team whether it’s being out weaponed the first few years or out coached we can’t seem to get there. I can’t watch that

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’ll watch the football, if it’s interesting. I will NOT watch 10 hours of talking heads and commercials leading up to the football. 

Definitely avoiding the halftime show as well as that usually blows.

Will be watching.  Love everything about the Super Bowl event, plus it’s last chance to watch NFL until next year.  And I will probably pull for Mahomes, just because I’d prefer a world where he is thought of as the best (until Josh beats him in playoffs), versus a world where Brock Purdy is actually taken seriously.  Plus we can also say we almost took down the eventual SB winner.

Of course. This has the potential to be one of the greatest games ever.

You have the two best active coaches in the league squaring off. KC has the best 2 players in football, and San Francisco has a juggernaut team all around. Can Mahomes and Kelce do it again against one of the strongest rosters in the salary cap era?

I'm a football fan before I'm a Bills fan. If I only watched football when the Bills had a shot at a championship, I wouldn't have seen very many games the last 30 years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chicken Boo said:

Definitely watching.

The only time I didn't want to watch a Super Bowl was Brady vs Foles, as I did not want to see Brady and NE win again, but that was 5 Super Bowl wins in for the Patriots.

As much as I hated Patriots I was never at the point during their run where I didn't want to watch the Super Bowl but with the Chiefs having an equally obnoxious dynasty immediately following the Pats run I think I am starting to feel some fatigue on watching the same thing over and over. 

This is a classic example of the rich getting richer…these franchises have both had plenty of success, and will be feted yet again by the likes of the national bobble heads for months to come…yay! 😏. Maybe the stadium will suffer some power outages rendering a timely finish impossible? 🤔 I guess if forced, I have to go with hoping the 9ers at least prevent Mahomes from collecting yet another Lombardi. But really can’t care less outside of that. 

Yes. It's a party and spectacle and an excuse to drink and eat WAY too much on a Sunday. It's football played by two top-notch teams. And I want to see the Chiefs lose so I'll be a one-day 49ers super fan.

I honestly don't see how you can be a big football fan and miss it because your team isn't in it. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Here's the only good news about KC back in the Super Bowl:

If you hate Tom Brady, Mahomes is one step closer to dethroning him as the GOAT.  

I’ve been thinking more about this now, Mahomes dose have a little ways to go to catch Brady, but you better believe it’s going to be a talking point from here on out.. and to think KC had a off year!!! 

7 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

I'm a football fan before I'm a Bills fan. If I only watched football when the Bills had a shot at a championship, I wouldn't have seen very many games the last 30 years.

I think you’re one of the few. Most people check out once the Bills are done. It would explain a lot of the takes on this board. 

This is the beauty of gamepass/dazn I'll just wait till 9pm or 10 and just forward all the nonsense like them huddling up for the snap  and halftime show and watch everything in about an hour or 2

Edited by motorj

On 1/29/2024 at 9:05 PM, Green Lightning said:

Planning not to. Enough of Mahomes fat helmet and FN Swift. Dislike both teams and underwhelmed with Usher. I'll score some major points with the wife who doesn't understand why anyone would love something that so upsets you.  She has a point.

I hope the surprise guest is the Style Boyz and they do The Donkey Roll together.

Just checking in here on this first official Sunday with no football on...I had forgotten how much longer the weekend feels and how much more productive you can be when you don't spend the entire day watching football lol.  I will probably end up watching the Super Bowl next week but can totally understand why people would rather do something else.  This is coming from someone who years ago considered Super Bowl Sunday the biggest day of the year lol....I dunno just feels like the NFL and society/pop culture in general have gone in a completely different direction over the years to me.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/30/2024 at 12:56 AM, Meatloaf63 said:

Me, i said no. I will watch the replay if San Fran wins. If not, i am done for the year.

I might watch the highlights, but no way I'm sitting through five hours of Mahomes glazing. 

• Like (+1) 2

I'll be one of those people at the Super Bowl party sitting in a room with no tv... talking about.... knitting, or whatever those people talk about.  I'm new to the not really watching routine.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:20 PM, BillsPride12 said:

Well this is the one Super Bowl outcome I was dreading going into the games this weekend and the one outcome that will have me seriously considering not watching the Super Bowl this year 

I have seen every Super Bowl played.

Yes, I will watch.  But I dislike both teams and don't want either one to win.

I will most likely pull against Mahomes just because, well,  you all know. F@#$@#g little twit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.