So we're moving on from Harbaugh right?

section122

57 minutes ago, boyst said:

Harbaugh is stale there. He's also tied to a QB who is not perfect.

They'll always be a thorn. Never a rose. 

But he's purdy...

Just now, Governor said:

The Ravens had a perfect opportunity to move on from Lamar in the offseason and they totally blew it. I’ll never understand that decision. They deserve what they get now.

My memory is a little worse for wear at the moment… move on from Lamar and do what? 

1 hour ago, section122 said:

If you want McD gone you have to think that Harbaugh needs to go too right?

After all no hc qb combo has won a sb after 5 years together.

After all he is 1-2 as the 1 seed since 2019.

After all he is 2-4 in the postseason since 2018. 

After all he has only made it to 1 afc championship with one of the most electric qbs in the game.

After all he has a 2 time mvp qb and has only won 1 division title in the last 4 years.

After all he has lost to a washed up philip rivers and ryan tannehil in the playoffs!

After all he has a 1-3 playoff record at home since 2018.

So if you wamt McD gone for underperforming and losing to the chiefs 3 of 4 years certainly you think Harbaugh is trash and needs to go to right? 

The Bills and McD have outperformed them over the last 6 years and the Ravens have the benefit of the mvp and 3 first team all pros this year vs the Bills single 2nd team all pro yet still lost to the same team at home as the Bills did.

Or does a super bowl 11 years ago followed by a single afc title game appearance this year carry that much water? 

Recent history and performance clearly favors McD so I am very interested to hear opinions of Harbaugh and whether he should keep his job or be fired.

That team is limited by his QB. They are in QB purgatory for years now. Lamar will keep them relevant in the season and flounder in the playoffs. 

His first MVP was a joke and if he gets it again this year, it will once again be a joke. He can't even throw for 4k.

Edited by Herc11
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

My memory is a little worse for wear at the moment… move on from Lamar and do what? 

Draft a QB that can throw the ball. Maybe no team actually wanted to trade for him?  

Edited by Governor

I don’t think Lamar is that good when you force him to become a passer.. which is pretty important for an elite QB.

So I have less of an issue with Harbaugh losing with Lamar than I do McDermott, repeatedly, with Allen. 

Allen is the only guy in this league who can outplay Mahomes when both are at the the top of their game. 

Lamar is the QB equivalent of our defense.   Great in the regular season, but doesn’t have what it takes when it matters. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Oh ok … I thought you had a real alternative .

They aren’t playing today in that event 

There was a rookie QB in the playoffs this season and he could’ve been a Raven if they traded Lamar (like he supposedly wanted) and moved up in that draft. 

22 minutes ago, Governor said:

There was a rookie QB in the playoffs this season and he could’ve been a Raven if they traded Lamar (like he supposedly wanted) and moved up in that draft. 

Yes … you are right there … Trading Lamar could have moved them to the top of the draft … Would they have taken Stroud though or the other guy ? 

Stroud could have done better today than Lamar ..: Chiefs D still tough  

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, boyst said:

I heard on ESPN that the Ravens have the best QB in the league.  I think Ryan Clark said that.  He also said Josh Allen is not very good.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

I heard on ESPN that the Ravens have the best QB in the league.  I think Ryan Clark said that.  He also said Josh Allen is not very good.

Who even cares honestly…most of a talking heads job is to just make some hot take to get viewership..  like that claim by Ryan Clark is objectively wrong lol

1 hour ago, section122 said:

Its inarguable that the Bills have had better results and gone further than the Ravens.

Lamar Jackson has won 2 mvps to joshs none.  Do we really think lamar just forgets how to play football in the playoffs? Is the coach not responsible for setting him up to be succesful?

You are so focused on the qb you arent looking at the rest of the team.  The Ravens had 3 first team all pros this year the Bills had none.

The Ravens had a better team than the Bills this year and they lost to the chiefs just the same. 

The last time the Ravens had a better team than the Bills they lost their first playoff game 28-12 as the one seed to ryan tannehill!

The Ravens had the most rushing yards in the league and 3rd most by ypc.  Then they ran the ball 6 times with their rb! Isnt that on coaching?

Harbaugh has good playoff losses and McD has bad playoff wins.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

The Ravens had a perfect opportunity to move on from Lamar in the offseason and they totally blew it. I’ll never understand that decision. They deserve what they get now.

He's not a bad player. His talent alone wins a lot of games in the regular season. He's basically the equivalent of the Bills defense in the regular season. You know he's going to help you win a lot of games and as long as he stays healthy (big question mark) you are making the playoffs every year. 

1 hour ago, Herc11 said:

That team is limited by his QB. They are in QB purgatory for years now. Lamar will keep them relevant in the season and flounder in the playoffs. 

His first MVP was a joke and if he gets it again this year, it will once again be a joke. He can't even throw for 4k.

I'm no Lamar fan this year. But come on. Hist first MVP in 2019 was very much legit. 

2 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Would Sean McDermott have purposely had his player take a penalty at the end of the game when it was first and five, in order to re set the downs and allow his two time outs left to be used to it's fullest extent?

The answer is no 

Harbaugh is the best coach in the NFL currently 

Andy Reid, Mike Shanahan on lines 1 and 2. And if you get to the phone a little late...Sean McVay is on line 3.

2 hours ago, section122 said:

To your 2nd paragraph the ravens had an amazing defense all year long, not the patchwork mash unit that McD trotted out against the Chiefs.  It not fair to give one team roquan smith and patrick queen and the other tyrel dodson and aj klein and expect the same results.

To your last paragraph, the Bills keep losing to the chiefs.  They arent losing to the ryan tannehil led titans or philip rivers on his last legs.  In fact people give mcd ***** for barely beating rivers and he won! 

At the end of the day the #1 seed lost at home by 10 with their full team.  The bills lost by 3 after a missed fg with an incredibly banged up team.  To my original point it is clear mcd and the bills have far outperformed harbaugh and the ravens.  Why doesn't he need to go too?

Not to mention that McDermott has beaten Harbaugh and Jackson in the playoffs...

31 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

He's not a bad player. His talent alone wins a lot of games in the regular season. He's basically the equivalent of the Bills defense in the regular season. You know he's going to help you win a lot of games and as long as he stays healthy (big question mark) you are making the playoffs every year. 

I'm no Lamar fan this year. But come on. Hist first MVP in 2019 was very much legit. 

But they had to make him one of the highest paid QB’s in the league. Financially, it didn’t make much sense if you’re looking 5 years down the road.

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

His electric QB is dreadful in the playoffs. Some people step up when their team needs them most, others step back. Lamar steps back like 5 steps, not one.

How about 3rd and 1 where he had all day to throw or take off, and got sacked for a 6 yard loss? He had about 10 seconds and still couldn’t decide what to do. Epic failure.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

How about 3rd and 1 where he had all day to throw or take off, and got sacked for a 6 yard loss? He had about 10 seconds and still couldn’t decide what to do. Epic failure.

I'm glad you mention this because it is my biggest gripe with Lamar. Dude is so freaking indecisive both behind the LOS and even beyond when he runs. Even when he finally does run, he somehow runs indecisively too. Dude is the fastest guy on the field for the most part and he runs like he is not. Total opposite of Allen. Allen runs like he thinks he is the fastest guy on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

No it wasn't. He only got it because people were enamoured by his running ability. If I remember correctly, he only threw for 3,100 yards that year. If you are going to be MVP over other QBs, you need to at least be in the neighborhood of their stats.

Edited by Herc11

3 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

No it wasn't. He only got it because people were enamoured by his running ability. If I remember correctly, he only threw for 3,100 yards that year. If you are going to be MVP over other QBs, you need to at least be in the neighborhood of their stats.

Didn’t he have a 43-8 TD/Int ratio? That may have helped too

6 minutes ago, jlgarsh said:

Didn’t he have a 43-8 TD/Int ratio? That may have helped too

Threw for 36 with 6 ints. I'll give him the TDs but he only had 401 attempts which does help the int numbers. H also had 7 and rushing TDs with 8 fumbles.

Edited by Herc11
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Didn't he lead the league in passing TD's that year as well? And like 1,200 rushing yards?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

Dan Campbell should go too. His game and clock mismanagement cost the Lions two wins off the top of my head. 

In fact, any HC that does not make the SB within 5yrs should be fired. You play to win the game. 

If I’m Detroit, I’d can Campbell if Johnson would take the promotion

47 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Didn't he lead the league in passing TD's that year as well? And like 1,200 rushing yards?

See my previous reply

Also, Josh had more TDs and total yards this year than Lamar's 2019 numbers and his numbers this year, but Lamar is widely viewed as the hands down MVP. Think about that one.

Edited by Herc11

4 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

He has a defense that can hold the playoff chiefs to 17 though.  Josh would probably be undefeated against the chiefs if the bills defense could do that consistently.

Yea but the way the game was going affected the way the Chiefs played. They were happy playing small ball. As soon as the Ravens got within a score and he needed to go up top, Mahomes went up top and put it to bed. 

The Ravens D did play better than the Bills D last week (was a lot healthier too) but KC also play differently on offense when they know #17 is getting the ball on the other side compared to Lamar.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

If I’m Detroit, I’d can Campbell if Johnson would take the promotion

I'd offer Johnson a huge contract to stay as offensive coordinator.  The Washington job isn't that enticing imo.

6 hours ago, boyst said:

Every rose has its thorn

Just like every night has its dawn

Just like every cowboy sings his sad, sad song

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Would Sean McDermott have purposely had his player take a penalty at the end of the game when it was first and five, in order to re set the downs and allow his two time outs left to be used to it's fullest extent?

The answer is no 

Harbaugh is the best coach in the NFL currently 

Is that what happened there?   That’s really next level smart 

9 hours ago, section122 said:

If you want McD gone you have to think that Harbaugh needs to go too right?

After all no hc qb combo has won a sb after 5 years together.

After all he is 1-2 as the 1 seed since 2019.

After all he is 2-4 in the postseason since 2018. 

After all he has only made it to 1 afc championship with one of the most electric qbs in the game.

After all he has a 2 time mvp qb and has only won 1 division title in the last 4 years.

After all he has lost to a washed up philip rivers and ryan tannehil in the playoffs!

After all he has a 1-3 playoff record at home since 2018.

So if you wamt McD gone for underperforming and losing to the chiefs 3 of 4 years certainly you think Harbaugh is trash and needs to go to right? 

The Bills and McD have outperformed them over the last 6 years and the Ravens have the benefit of the mvp and 3 first team all pros this year vs the Bills single 2nd team all pro yet still lost to the same team at home as the Bills did.

Or does a super bowl 11 years ago followed by a single afc title game appearance this year carry that much water? 

Recent history and performance clearly favors McD so I am very interested to hear opinions of Harbaugh and whether he should keep his job or be fired.

John has a Super Bowl win,  so much better a HC over Mcdermott

Harbaugh has ring. Does McDermott. A Super Bowl win even if it is only one gives you the benefit of the doubt when you don't have a good playoff game. The Ravens didn't have one yesterday with a lot of self-inflicted wounds.

11 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Harbuagh has won a SB. Big difference sean.

I agree that his 2008 SB win is a big part of the reason he is still employed by the Ravens. Going 13-4, getting the 1 seed and making it to the AFCC game after revamping both schemes helps a lot too. That all said, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him fired if the team drops off. 

9 hours ago, section122 said:

There were so many times today he should have run and decided to throw a short pass when running was the right call imo.  It's like he completely forgets what worked for him in the regular season.

I take it that you didn’t watch any Ravens games this season. Lamar very much changed his game and used his mobility to buy time to pass rather than simply taking off immediately like he did in previous seasons. It worked out very, very well for him this season. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.