Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

Anybody who blames Dan Campbell for this game clearly doesn't know football and hasn't watched the Lions all year. And I'm saying this as someone who wanted the Lions to lose. If you want to point fingers, look to Josh Reynolds as HappyDays mentioned (and some bad luck)

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

this sucks.  the chiefs are going to win another super bowl.

Wonder what the line will be. Brady and Mahomes have been my most successful QBs on profit and I hate both of them

1 minute ago, dma0034 said:

Campbell being aggressive cost them this game. Should have kicked the 3 to go up 27-10. Should have kicked the 3 when you had 4th and 3. Game should be 34-30 49ers

so dumb. So pointless to be that aggressive. 

need to know your opponent and the game. This isn’t some random week 7 game. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

How's everyone feeling about Dan Campbell now?

Great coach but horrible game.

That last 4th down call I see how he wanted to go for it.

But that 4th and 2 to potentially go up 27-10?

Inexcusable to go for it IMO

Just now, Zag20 said:

Intelligence beats Bravado. What’s completely idiotic choice on Dan Campbells part.

Campbell is like a dude who gets into bar fights just so he can show his buddies how tough he is. He usually wins, but tonight he got knocked out with his nonsense. 

Just now, dma0034 said:

Campbell being aggressive cost them this game. Should have kicked the 3 to go up 27-10. Should have kicked the 3 when you had 4th and 3. Game should be 34-30 49ers

I’ve seen way too many games where teams go for it on 4th down with a nice lead in FG range only to have it come bite them in the butt! Just take the points and keep adding to your lead when you’re ahead!

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

This is why Campbell screwed the pooch not kicking the FG. Now the game is literally over instead of being down 7 with 3 minutes left.

Very McD of him...

I’m thinking McD kicks there. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

Anybody who blames Dan Campbell for this game clearly doesn't know football and hasn't watched the Lions all year. And I'm saying this as someone who wanted the Lions to lose. If you want to point fingers, look to Josh Reynolds as HappyDays mentioned (and some bad luck)

You ALWAYS take the points when it puts you up by 3 scores in the 2nd half.

ALWAYS.

And it also changed the momentum.

Glad I could educate you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

One positive from this game is that the 49ers got much needed experience having to come from behind against the Packers and Lions. If they're caught trailing the Chiefs, they won't blink. I believe in that kind of experience mattering.

One negative is that the 49ers relied on a lot of mistakes that the Chiefs aren't likely to make. They need to start the game much stronger than they have the past two weeks.

• Agree 1

Just now, HurlyBurly51 said:

He’s to be commended😂

Did he tell Josh Reynolds to drop two crucial passes? Did he pull a horseshoe out of his ass like Purdy did on the pass to Aiyuk. The guy turned the whole franchise around and everyone turns on him in a matter of minutes 😂

Just now, Beast said:

You ALWAYS take the points when it puts you up by 3 scores in the 2nd half.

ALWAYS.

And it also changed the momentum.

Glad I could educate you.

So how was their gawdawful kicker doing on grass outside of 45yrdds during pregame.

Please tell us since you're so much smarter than everybody else.

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

this sucks.  the chiefs are going to win another super bowl.

I think SF gives them a better game.  Goff is immobile.  Campbell gives away points.  Detroit pass defense is porous.  Oh yeah...and then there's all the drops by Detroit WRs.

23 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

Wait...you didn't ask Santa for a 49ers vs Chiefs Super Bowl? 

Bad Day That Hurt GIF by Tim Poulton 

I like RED but not that much lol. My interest in the super bowl will be low this year. Go niners *whipty do finger**

lol

• Agree 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Lions are cursed just like us. It’s some kind of rust belt plague that has inflicted Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo. I have no idea how Pittsburgh avoided it. 

Maybe it’s just a Great Lake curse. 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.