Falcons request interview with Joe Brady for HC job

We don’t need this type of distraction right now. Is Atlanta going to interview everybody? They will probably choose poorly again. 

Edited by JackKemp
  • Agree 1

We should say not until next week. Don't need another distraction on a short week. If they're serious about HC, good for him. If it's just for OC, we should lock him up & it's BS if they aren't being honest & saying what their real intentions are. 

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

That’s surprising to be sure. They seemed locked onto Belichick 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm pretty shocked by this. Wonder if they are scouting ahead for him as OC if the Bills don't keep him in the position.

The question to him: "If we hire Beli-CHEAT as head coach and directory of Lying, cheating and dirty tricks would you willing to sign as OC knowing that he knows little about offense and will take blame on offense even though you will not have a top level QB on team?"

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

He seems good,  but an OC job opening to coach Allen, Diggs, Kincaid,  Cook... would attract the best of the best.  

I'd consider it a tremendous opportunity for the team. 

We’d have to assume they can bring in the right guy. They’ve missed before and were fortunate enough to have made the good to decision to have Brady on staff. 

I don’t consider Brady leaving a tremendous opportunity. I consider Brady having a full offseason and year with Allen a tremendous opportunity. 

Another OC just creates more learning and lack of consistency for Allen. Really NOTHING seems appealing about Brady leaving. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

What are the rules on when the Bills must allow this to happen?

To my knowledge, the only limit is that they just put into a place a rule (starting this year) that no interviews of active coaching personnel can happen until after the divisional games.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-owners-approve-proposal-to-move-in-person-head-coaching-interviews-to-after-

So I am filing this for a Monday morning problem

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Honestly, I'm not sure. I actually thought they changed it last year that teams couldn't interview coaches that were on teams still in play past the week of divisional round but I'm not sure if that's current.

12 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The White Billionaire Rule, must interview inexperienced white coaches to satisfy their personal criteria.

are you always this insufferable?

lol, rhetorical question

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Bogie_Klinkhammer said:

There is no way a short term OC receives a head coaching job.

This guys only has like 6 games 

Give me a break

He was an OC previously and interviewed with the Falcons for their HC job previously in 2021.   His body of work is not 6 games as OC with the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

Belichick admitted to them that he "needs Brady to be successful," so they figured why not just cut out the middleman....

Edited by BRH
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

They also interviewed Bill Belichec  supposedly he’s going down there for a second interview according toRich  Eisen…, 

36 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think Brady can interview after this weekend's game.  Bills can't block it since it's a promotion.

45 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

That's a nice little distraction for our OC before the divisional playoff game. Thank you, falcons. 

No. It's a good thing. He will be more motivated than ever to put on a good performance

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.