So what is the snow situation for this week's game?

Matt_In_NH

Travel ban in Orchard Park (unless it’s lifted), can’t get shovelers there anyways.  Not sure about snow from now up to the game, but pretty sure the stadium will be a poop show still.  OP got walloped again and no way they are able to clean out all the old snow and new snow in time.  Everyone packed the snow from their seats to under the seats, must  be ice blocks by now. Not to mention the snow under our feet.  At least a solid two inches, and that ain’t going anywhere.

Edited by davefan66
  • Sad 1

Snow should not be a factor by Sunday evening. The snow storm should end today and maybe we get a couple of inches between now and Sunday but nothing to be concerned about. They will essentially have 3 days to clear it out before game time. Right now it says it should be low to mid 20's so it will be cold 🥶

• Like (+1) 5

27 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Travel ban in Orchard Park (unless it’s lifted), can’t get shovelers there anyways.  Not sure about snow from now up to the game, but pretty sure the stadium will be a poop show still.  OP got walloped again and no way they are able to clean out all the old snow and new snow in time.  Everyone packed the snow from their seats to under the seats, must  be ice blocks by now. Not to mention the snow under our feet.  At least a solid two inches, and that ain’t going anywhere.

All travel bans in Erie County were lifted at 8 am this morning 

• Like (+1) 1

The biggest problem with the last game is the snow fell the day and night before the game. Not only did that hinder people being able to get there to help clear it, but, as you've probably seen, the way they clear the seats is with chutes that run the snow down to the field and then truck it out. At some point well before game time you have to stop doing that, remove the tarp and get the field ready.

This latest snow should be done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. That's a lot more time ahead to be able to clear the seats. Although as mentioned above, the snow from before is going to be packed super hard and will probably create issues. Field wise it should be fine with sun, temp in the 20s and minimal wind.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

More snow dumped on the stadium, are the Bills able to systematically clear it ahead of Sunday or are they asking the public for help again?

My shovel is still broken 

a christmas story you used up all the glue on purpose GIF

Edited by Bogie_Klinkhammer
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

More snow dumped on the stadium, are the Bills able to systematically clear it ahead of Sunday or are they asking the public for help again?

It's supposed to stop completely by Friday afternoon. They will have a full 48 hours to get after it. The stadium will be in much better shape than the PIT game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Tuco said:

The biggest problem with the last game is the snow fell the day and night before the game. Not only did that hinder people being able to get there to help clear it, but, as you've probably seen, the way they clear the seats is with chutes that run the snow down to the field and then truck it out. At some point well before game time you have to stop doing that, remove the tarp and get the field ready.

This latest snow should be done by tonight or tomorrow at the latest. That's a lot more time ahead to be able to clear the seats. Although as mentioned above, the snow from before is going to be packed super hard and will probably create issues. Field wise it should be fine with sun, temp in the 20s and minimal wind.

The stairs were extremely dangerous. Unless OBD wants more lawsuits coming their way (I've already heard one from someone slipping on the stair) I suggest they bust out the flamethrowers.

• Like (+1) 1

Must be a real pain to clean the snow out of a stadium that is all packed down after Mondays game

Adding to that is the fact that the snow is now littered with thousands of beer cans, pizza boxes, cups and whatever else is strewn around.

good luck to those that have and will volunteer to clean it up the best they can.

Finally, I thought the roads, parking lots and walk ways around the stadium were in great shape considering the the weather the 2 days before the game. I congratulate the Bills and anyone else who contributed to that almost impossible task of getting the game played.

My only complaint, the beer window and concession behind Section 135 was closed. Seems there were frozen pipes or something weather related. Didn't stop us from finding those victory beers.

Go Bills!

Edited by Stroke 17
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They should be able to clear it out Friday and Saturday.  For 48 hrs before kickoff it should be dry.

It's fine...last day is today...we have gotten hammered again.  Up to about 5 feet now in the Depew/Lancaster area between both storms, OP, West Seneca and Hamburg are all over 6 feet and likely approaching 7 soon. Still snowing here right now fairly heavily...that will be moving south and then again back north but weakening before petering itself out over the Niagara County late tonight.

So much for the people who claimed the snowfall expectations never "live up to the hype". Been a long time since we got sizably less snowfall than what was predicted and plenty of times we got far more.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, davefan66 said:

4 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Snow should not be a factor by Sunday evening. The snow storm should end today and maybe we get a couple of inches between now and Sunday but nothing to be concerned about. They will essentially have 3 days to clear it out before game time. Right now it says it should be low to mid 20's so it will be cold 🥶

I'm getting contrasting opinions here, haha.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

I'm getting contrasting opinions here, haha.

I live 5 min from the stadium so take my word for it. The storm is expected to end today. They will have 3 days to get rid of the snow. We have about 15-20 inches. West Seneca and South Buffalo got it the worst, they probably have double what we got

• Agree 1

Just now, Bob Jones said:

Why doesn’t this Billion plus dollar operation go to temp labor companies and get people from them?

I'll be doubtless corrected on this if I'm wrong, but I thought I saw discussions elsewhere here that the Bills had hired a 3rd party contractor to clear the snow, who in turn was the entity that appealed to the public for help, not the Bills themselves? If so then it may have been a manpower shortage issue for the contractor (as in, they did not account to have enough mobilized bid labor of their own) due to the extreme circumstances last week?  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bob Jones said:

Why doesn’t this Billion plus dollar operation go to temp labor companies and get people from them?

It's not up to them, Erie County is the one handling that.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

I live 5 min from the stadium so take my word for it. The storm is expected to end today. They will have 3 days to get rid of the snow. We have about 15-20 inches. West Seneca and South Buffalo got it the worst, they probably have double what we got

I don’t know where you are but I’m five minutes from the stadium and we have easily four feet of snow here. 

If this is what the stadium currently looks like and the plan to clear it is paying 100 people $20hr to shovel than 2 days is nowhere near enough. It's going to be a mess again. 

The Bills haven't sent out anything asking for shovelers yet as far as I know so who knows what the plan is. 

12 minutes ago, Process said:

If this is what the stadium currently looks like and the plan to clear it is paying 100 people $20hr to shovel than 2 days is nowhere near enough. It's going to be a mess again. 

The Bills haven't sent out anything asking for shovelers yet as far as I know so who knows what the plan is. 

Couple that with what was left over from last game?

Poop show.

5 hours ago, Tuco said:

I don't think we will have any sun at 6:30pm, but if we wait a few months, we may get lucky

• Haha (+1) 2

Thinking outside of the box – could they get a plane to fly over and spray de-icer?  It seems like the technology is there, and this could be an easier fix than trying to find enough willing bodies at $20 an hour.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t know where you are but I’m five minutes from the stadium and we have easily four feet of snow here. 

You must be north. I'm south. There's a big difference as mentioned. West Seneca and South Buffalo are like another world when I was there 

55 minutes ago, DasNootz said:

Thinking outside of the box – could they get a plane to fly over and spray de-icer?  It seems like the technology is there, and this could be an easier fix than trying to find enough willing bodies at $20 an hour.

Let’s try it, what could possibly go wrong? 

• Haha (+1) 1

This is looking like some kind of serious mismanagement on behalf of the organization. How could they get it wrong for a second week in a row? You have to have crews working on this all week. How is it that NOTHING is being done until the last minute? 

I enjoy celebrating tuddies by chucking snow up into the air (it's freaking joyous), but some of the stairs were absolutely ice ramps by the 2nd half. If the game were unfortunately to turn in the wrong direction, you better believe fans are gonna throw a LOT of snowballs onto the field. It's just a completely preventable mess. (Totally understand how travel bans impeded any sort of preemptive snow removal effort last week, but that wasn't really the issue, turns out. It's just that the org has NO plan for clearing the stands.)

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

This is looking like some kind of serious mismanagement on behalf of the organization. How could they get it wrong for a second week in a row? You have to have crews working on this all week. How is it that NOTHING is being done until the last minute? 

I enjoy celebrating tuddies by chucking snow up into the air (it's freaking joyous), but some of the stairs were absolutely ice ramps by the 2nd half. If the game were unfortunately to turn in the wrong direction, you better believe fans are gonna throw a LOT of snowballs onto the field. It's just a completely preventable mess. (Totally understand how travel bans impeded any sort of preemptive snow removal effort last week, but that wasn't really the issue, turns out. It's just that the org has NO plan for clearing the stands.)

We've always relied on local residents and college kids do it

It's basically always worked lol sure it's not the most efficient... But it's an experience for a 20-year-old kid to shovel out their stadium

Call it community bonding

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

We've always relied on local residents and college kids do it

It's basically always worked lol sure it's not the most efficient... But it's an experience for a 20-year-old kid to shovel out their stadium

Call it community bonding

Sure, but it's a joke. It's old school in a bad way. Those "local residents and college kids" aren't gonna get the job done. Plus, $20/hour? In 2024? That's not taking it seriously. We can be better. Our billionaire owners can do better. 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.