So what is the snow situation for this week's game?

Matt_In_NH

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Make It Rain Money GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

^ for some reason they cater to the lower bowl seats

Yeah, I get that.

But if you're working under the assumption that the entire stadium will be done anyways, why not shovel downward?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, I get that.

But if you're working under the assumption that the entire stadium will be done anyways, why not shovel downward?

They may be working on the idea that you can never be sure Mom Nature won't dump another load? 

And fans in the lower bowl can pelt the players with snowballs, so they want to take away their ammo?

Mitch Morse indicated the Steelers sideline was getting pelted with snowballs pretty good.  It's notable that Mike Tomlin apparently didn't freak out and complain to the refs and ask them to stop the game like McDaniel did.  Probably just told the players it's a snowball, turn your back and keep your hood up. 

I see Reid using that as an opportunity to try to derail or disrupt a Bills drive in some way, so I'm all about clearing out the ammo.

The "snow showers" when the Bills scored were super-cool though.  If they get the place cleared, those will be missed.

For someone who asked up-thread:

uyevw9xqiwiswkmckn1s.jpg

Evidence they are using chutes to help clear the seats

Edited by Beck Water

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

They may be working on the idea that you can never be sure Mom Nature won't dump another load? 

And fans in the lower bowl can pelt the players with snowballs, so they want to take away their ammo?

Mitch Morse indicated the Steelers sideline was getting pelted with snowballs pretty good.  It's notable that Mike Tomlin apparently didn't freak out and complain to the refs and ask them to stop the game.  Probably just told the players it's a snowball, turn your back and keep your hood up. 

Those are a couple good points that may belie the assumption that the entire stadium will be done anyways.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

Those are a couple good points that may belie the assumption that the entire stadium will be done anyways.

I think you are asking why gravity is not being used as a friend. But if a chute is being used then it's irrelevant which section is cleaned first 

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, I get that.

They don't shovel the upper deck onto the lower deck and then out. The upper deck just gets shoveled to the bottom where the tunnels come out. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Fan in Chicago said:

I think you are asking why gravity is not being used as a friend. But if a chute is being used then it's irrelevant which section is cleaned first 

Yeah, that is pretty much what I'm getting at.

Do you think they have chutes that go directly from the upper deck all the way down to the field? How would something like that support the weight of that much snow over that much space?

I would think that shoveling the upper deck down into the lower bowl, then shoveling the lower bowl down onto the field would make the most sense.

Although maybe when the accumulation is that massive, shoveling the upper deck into the lower bowl creates a whole new set of problems?

6 minutes ago, Simon said:

Do you think they have chutes that go directly from the upper deck all the way down to the field? How would something like that support the weight of that much snow over that much space?

I would think that shoveling the upper deck down into the lower bowl, then shoveling the lower bowl down onto the field would make the most sense.

Although maybe when the accumulation is that massive, shoveling the upper deck into the lower bowl creates a whole new set of problems?

The upper deck chutes only go to the tunnel exits at the bottom of the upper deck where they can grab it with bobcats and tractors with buckets.  They don't shovel the upper deck snow down to the lower bowl,

Edited by Tuco
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Tuco said:

They don't shovel the upper deck onto the lower deck and then out. The upper deck just gets shoveled to the bottom where the tunnels come out. 

OK, now I'm getting it.

I guess I forget that the bottom of the upper deck is sort of closer to ground level outside.

Thanks!

P.S. Some day, will you call me "Blondie"? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Simon said:

I mean, I think that's the plan, but we all know that weather is so predictable, and the weather in WNY in winter is the best-predicted of all

26 minutes ago, Simon said:

It's been a minute since I've been there, but I thought the bottom of the upper deck was ground level?  So they aren't going to take the upper deck into the lower bowl, just to the bottom of the upper deck and then out the tunnels?

This isn't a great photo but

highmark.JPG

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.