Play of the game?

Whilst it could be argued that a few other moments were possibly more important, for sheer enjoyment, it's one of two for me.

The Josh 52 yard run or the Shakir TD.

The run was monstrous, and fun, so I'm giving it to that

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The three you mentioned are the biggest candidates, but...the Elam pick wins it for me.

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it to whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

Massive play at a huge moment in the game.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 13
  • Agree 1

The play of the game goes to the 12th man. The articles I read, things I heard on radio, and broadcast of the game, hats off to my city of Buffalo and Bills fans that can go in person!

It truly is impressive!

No game without its city and fans!

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Logic said:

The three you mentioned are the biggest candidates, but...the Elam pick wins it for me.

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

May be a turning point in elam’s career! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Not only did it keep 7 off the board for the Steelers, I think it was also a huge confidence builder for Elam. A turning point in his day. He was getting absolutely picked on on that drive, and rather than "throw it to whoever Elam's covering" being the edict of the day for the remainder of the game, Kaiir said "I can do this", and acquitted himself reasonably well the rest of the game.

I’m not sure about all that.  They kept targeting him all day with success.

Every time the defense made a play we benefited with points. That was the difference. Excellent team game. Previous games we’ve not done much with them. 

Pickens fumble and Elam’s INT were it. Could have added Freirmuth no-fumble in there too. Defense played legit, especially with injuries, while Josh and the gang followed up with some absolute haymakers to put the game to bed via Khalil and 17’s angry runs. 

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Elam’s INT

I’ll agree.  I think it’s a small step to giving him some confidence.  He almost had a 2nd one as well.  And while he did give up a TD, I think he played better in the 2nd half

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Shakir TD was top 5 play in the league this year. 

Add what it meant in that moment of the game, and it’s arguably top 2, and I’m just adding some sand as I can’t  think of what other play would be better. 

That was “we were lucky to get to see it” good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Billl said:

I’m not sure about all that.  They kept targeting him all day with success.

From my perspective, the Steelers didn't start moving the ball with consistency until Taron Johnson left the game, at which point they picked on Cam Lewis relentlessly. 

It was attacking the middle of the field after Johnson and Bernard and Spector left that got the Steelers offense rolling, imo. Elam gave up some catches, yes, but nothing back breaking. He was not the liability that his play at the beginning of this year would've indicated that he might be.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Simstim said:

Whilst it could be argued that a few other moments were possibly more important, for sheer enjoyment, it's one of two for me.

The Josh 52 yard run or the Shakir TD.

The run was monstrous, and fun, so I'm giving it to that

second both the Allen and Shakir runs. I was watching with a lot of non-Bills fans and those two plays had everyone talking. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, stevestojan said:

The Shakir TD was top 5 play in the league this year. 

Add what it meant in that moment of the game, and it’s arguably top 2, and I’m just adding some sand as I can’t  think of what other play would be better. 

That was “we were lucky to get to see it” good. 

It's insane that Josh did what he did on the 52 yard touchdown, and we're all (reasonably) going "Yeah, that was great, BUT..."

• Like (+1) 1

Josh. 

Your iconic guy making an iconic play. 

shakir was a big one to I’ve it but without it being a go ahead score, it was mostly fun and we would’ve been up two scores without the broken tackle still. We were all on edge of our seats but we were largely set as soon as he caught it on a practical level 

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Freddie's Dead said:

The FG block was the play of the game because it completely changed the complexion.  Squeelers came back from 21 down to only 7 down at one point.  Luckily Tupac came through to ice the game.

I mean - it sure seemed that way to us nervous  fans but the Bills really never lost control of the game.   Even when Pittsburgh scored to cut the lead to 7, the Bills scored a TD and got the ball right back 

I don’t think Bass ever should have attempted that FG in the conditions.  Everyone hates punting but had the Bills ran the ball instead of throwing incomplete passes they could have pinned Pittsburgh inside the 20 with 90 seconds to go.  It’s all hindsight now though

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Billl said:

Nah, they went at him several times.  They had a big play to Pickens, but he slipped and fell.

Look at Pickens stats, he caught 5 passes for 50 yards.  Diante Johnson had 4 passes for 48 yards.  If they went at Elam, they weren’t all that successful.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

It's insane that Josh did what he did on the 52 yard touchdown, and we're all (reasonably) going "Yeah, that was great, BUT..."

When you re-watch that catch and run, my personal favorite moment is Fitzpatrick looking to the sky in disbelief as Shakir gets in the end zone 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JohnNord said:

I mean - it sure seemed that way to us nervous  fans but the Bills really never lost control of the game.   Even when Pittsburgh scored to cut the lead to 7, the Bills scored a TD and got the ball right back 

I don’t think Bass ever should have attempted that FG in the conditions.  Everyone hates punting but had the Bills ran the ball instead of throwing incomplete passes they could have pinned Pittsburgh inside the 20 with 90 seconds to go.  It’s all hindsight now though

Brady's playcalling for two long passes on 2nd and 3rd and 7 were horrible.  The Bills were b slapping the Squeelers up and down the field, and we gave them life with that blocked FG.  Punt there or go for it, and I'm not sure they ever score (although the mounting injuries made them scoring inevitable).

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Brady's playcalling for two long passes on 2nd and 3rd and 7 were horrible. 

On 3rd down it was fine. But I was 100% with Romo that on that 2nd down you run and at least get the clock all the way to the 2 min warning. Unless they have 0 yards or a loss, the field goal would have been nearer too. The game would have been iced right then and there. Instead. it took so much to finally get that W.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Brady's playcalling for two long passes on 2nd and 3rd and 7 were horrible.  The Bills were b slapping the Squeelers up and down the field, and we gave them life with that blocked FG.  Punt there or go for it, and I'm not sure they ever score (although the mounting injuries made them scoring inevitable).

I didn’t love that…but to be fair we don’t know whether Josh was the one to get out of the run and audible to a passing play.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.