1/15/24 Super WildCard Playoff GAMEDAY Bills vs Steelers Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

28 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No, I think it's just pretty much going to be the insult. 

LOL

But in fairness, the whole experience of going over there when the place is empty, probably deal with some odd office that you would never be inside, and so on, is kind of the "cool stadium experience" if you know what I mean.

I guess you have to be 18 years old, which is a shame.

This is the perfect gig for kids.  I would have been all over this if I could have gotten out to the stadium somehow when I was 13, 14, 15, 16....the money is good at that age and it's a fun, cool experience.

I can imagine filling the place with about 10,000 kids...and the PR value of that would be great.  "WNY youth bail out community with selfless hard work and showing the world the WNY way" and what not.

Just have to avoid slipping into the "Pegula is running a sweat shop with child labor" angle.

LMAO

I'm thinking all seats will be available come kickoff, but maybe that's wrong.

About half of all lot parking space is taken with snow...so that's going to be a huge issue.

They should be running city metro buses to the stadium from a huge parking area that people can get to and isn't under 3 feet of snow, if such a place exists.  Like if you can get to Amherst UB campus, park there, and a bus will go every 10 minutes to the stadium or something...no parking needed, at least at the stadium.

If snow is EVERYWHERE around WNY, that won't work obviously.

People under 18 are acceptable with signed work papers.

35 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm guessing it's going to be a LOT more below capacity than I would have originally guessed.

I thought maybe 3,000 empty seats due to weather/events.

Now, it might be 10,000 or more.

Posted this in the weather thread, but as of an hour ago, the seats are still covered in snow. WGR said to expect to dig your own seat out if you’re going.

IMG-6515.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

Posted this in the weather thread, but as of an hour ago, the seats are still covered in snow. WGR said to expect to dig your own seat out if you’re going.

IMG-6515.jpg

I think I'd have the military just fly over and dump salt at this point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Up that shovel pay to $30 an hour. Get those kids out there and start breaking backs 

I'm skeptical of this post. The photo the Bills put up on X a few hours ago, which I assume was taken this morning, shows the lower bowl untouched.

2 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I don't know if they are doing this, but should have shuttle bus in an area where shovelers can actually get to and park their car.  Free bus ride to stadium and back, good pay and free food, etc..  I think they do have food and drinks already set up for shovelers.

On the wgrz report they said they were asking people to park in lot 6.  If you were going to the game - you could go early, park for free, shovel for a couple hours and get some beer money - then tailgate right next to the stadium

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I think I'd have the military just fly over and dump salt at this point 

If they had the foresight to install asbestos seats they could just use flamethrowers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

On the wgrz report they said they were asking people to park in lot 6.  If you were going to the game - you could go early, park for free, shovel for a couple hours and get some beer money - then tailgate right next to the stadium

I imagine there are assigned sections, but it would be sweet if you could go in for an hour and shovel out the row where you have tickets and then go back out and tailgate.

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I'm skeptical of this post. The photo the Bills put up on X a few hours ago, which I assume was taken this morning, shows the lower bowl untouched.

I think you’re right to be skeptical. The Bills also said they were capping snow shovelers at 200 people yesterday. 1,500 is 7x that.

41 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

No, I think it's just pretty much going to be the insult. 

LOL

But in fairness, the whole experience of going over there when the place is empty, probably deal with some odd office that you would never be inside, and so on, is kind of the "cool stadium experience" if you know what I mean.

I guess you have to be 18 years old, which is a shame.

This is the perfect gig for kids.  I would have been all over this if I could have gotten out to the stadium somehow when I was 13, 14, 15, 16....the money is good at that age and it's a fun, cool experience.

I can imagine filling the place with about 10,000 kids...and the PR value of that would be great.  "WNY youth bail out community with selfless hard work and showing the world the WNY way" and what not.

Just have to avoid slipping into the "Pegula is running a sweat shop with child labor" angle.

LMAO

I'm thinking all seats will be available come kickoff, but maybe that's wrong.

About half of all lot parking space is taken with snow...so that's going to be a huge issue.

They should be running city metro buses to the stadium from a huge parking area that people can get to and isn't under 3 feet of snow, if such a place exists.  Like if you can get to Amherst UB campus, park there, and a bus will go every 10 minutes to the stadium or something...no parking needed, at least at the stadium.

If snow is EVERYWHERE around WNY, that won't work obviously.

People under 18 are acceptable with signed work papers.

Just now, Einstein said:

I think you’re right to be skeptical. The Bills also said they were capping snow shovelers at 200 people yesterday. 1,500 is 7x that.

The 200 people limit was lifted.  BYO shovel

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

Up that shovel pay to $30 an hour. Get those kids out there and start breaking backs 

Given the weather at least give them “stand by” tickets for no shows. 

Curious with all the hoarding of seats from from Seatgeak, Stubhub, etc. if the Bills no longer really hold any tickets themselves. Kind of like how Samsung isn’t in the business of holding stock. They may no longer have the quantity of tickets to give like they did in years past. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Honestly; just throw a dozen shovels in each section and open the gates an hour earlier. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Ha, I used to have 2 season tickets in this spot.

Holy *****! I think this is going to be worse than we've ever seen.  I've seen the occasional section or row not cleared but I've never seen it this bad.  I don't really understand what people are supposed to do? You can't even stand on those snow piles let alone sit...

Edited by TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th
  • Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, davefan66 said:

We sit upper deck, 19 rows up.  Fools behind us try and throw snowballs onto the lower bowl and we occasionally get pelted.  Foolish to toss snowballs from the upper deck to the lower bowl.  Stupid tossing snowballs period.

iceballs, sure. it takes a real richard to do that..... but cmon man. Its Buffalo, a winter playground for the ultimate adult snowday. Dont let snowballs ruin your day, embrace them for bringing out ppl's inner kid again!!!!

1 hour ago, davefan66 said:

Looking on Ticketmaster, still a ton of seats for sale.  These are the ones people bothered to list.  Probably many more available.

Wonder what it looks like at game time.

There was just over 7,600 listed on TM last night about 11pm.  

4 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm being 100% serious when I say this... I think your only option will be standing on top of a snow pile.

yeah - most likely option is going to be most people just stand - push the snow in the aisle under the seat and stamp out the rest.  For those who want/need to sit they could try to move some under the seat but will likely be sitting in a pile of snow

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Even though it's only a day delay this game feels like it has taken an extra week to get here.  Hopefully we come out locked in and play (relatively) mistake-free.

This is the only thing I'm afraid of. Randy Moss said on ESPN that the Steelers were able to stay focused and have another walk through before leaving Pittsburgh while the Bills were basically forced to stay at home waiting around. He specifically pointed at players with families focusing more on family activities in that time instead of keeping their focus on the game and he said he feels like it could play a factor and cause a team to come out flat. Not gonna lie, what he is saying makes sense. I hope we are ready to go and punch this team in the mouth

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This is the only thing I'm afraid of. Randy Moss said on ESPN that the Steelers were able to stay focused and have another walk through before leaving Pittsburgh while the Bills were basically forced to stay at home waiting around. He specifically pointed at players with families focusing more on family activities in that time instead of keeping their focus on the game and he said he feels like it could play a factor and cause a team to come out flat. Not gonna lie, what he is saying makes sense. I hope we are ready to go and punch this team in the mouth

They can have their extra walk thru in boxers and we’ll lean on having 17 

f**k Moss and f**k the Steelers 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Billl said:

Even if you were prepared to dig your seat out, where would you put the snow?

None of you have spent time in prison?

Unfamiliar with the “Prison Wallet” concept?

20 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

I'm being 100% serious when I say this... I think your only option will be standing on top of a snow pile.

I suggested an alternative in an attempt to ASSist you.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.