Frazier & comp pick?

Please forgive my ignorance but I’m seeing interviews for Fraizer. If he gets one of these jobs will the Bills get the comp picks associated with it? I don’t know how it works with his leave of absence. Anyone know what this will look like if he gets a job?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just to be clear, I’m not asking opinions on if he will get a job. I’m wondering if the Bills will receive the two second round picks? At least I think that’s the compensation.

Is he still under contract by the Buffalo Bills?

That's probably a key component

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I mean if he is, I don't see why we wouldn't because we have his rights

That is my thinking but hadn’t heard it anywhere. That would be found money. 

Just now, wppete said:

Correct. Some People just don’t get it. 

He’s not a Rooney Rule in Vegas. Pierce would accomplish that. Some people just don’t get it.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Just to be clear, I’m not asking opinions on if he will get a job. I’m wondering if the Bills will receive the two second round picks? At least I think that’s the compensation.

Sorry I if I misread that with my answer on the Rooney Rule. I wonder if they paid him off to go away?

For anyone that says he won't get a job I present to you: Dave Culley. Lovie Smith. Mike Pettine.

Every so often a job becomes available that no one is wanting to be a part of. The Browns the year Pettine was hired had MANY people turn down the job. Back to back years no one wanted the Texans job.

Now I present to you: the Carolina Panthers. No 1st round pick. Locked into Bryce Young. A moronic owner. Not much talent on the roster. Back to back seasons of firing a coach in season. Very dysfunctional. It may come down to a guy like Frazier, Rex Ryan or EB that are so desperate for a chance they jump at it. The Ben Johnsons of the world aren't headed to that situation.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

For anyone that says he won't get a job I present to you: Dave Culley. Lovie Smith. Mike Pettine.

Every so often a job becomes available that no one is wanting to be a part of. The Browns the year Pettine was hired had MANY people turn down the job. Back to back years no one wanted the Texans job.

Now I present to you: the Carolina Panthers. No 1st round pick. Locked into Bryce Young. A moronic owner. Not much talent on the roster. Back to back seasons of firing a coach in season. Very dysfunctional. It may come down to a guy like Frazier, Rex Ryan or EB that are so desperate for a chance they jump at it. The Ben Johnsons of the world aren't headed to that situation.

Imagine saying no to a NFL head coaching job because it’s not good enough lol.. first world problems 

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Sorry I if I misread that with my answer on the Rooney Rule. I wonder if they paid him off to go away?

I’m guessing that it was just one of those situations where neither wanted to be in the relationship any longer. They wanted to see other people.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Please forgive my ignorance but I’m seeing interviews for Fraizer. If he gets one of these jobs will the Bills get the comp picks associated with it?

No, but New England will.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yep, Carolina is the only way Frazier has a chance at actually getting another shot. That job may be the least desirable Head Coach opening in the history of the NFL

Whoever takes the job is most likely going to be fired after their first season, Carolina is going to have to hire somebody no other team wants.

Edited by 947
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, julian said:

Imagine saying no to a NFL head coaching job because it’s not good enough lol.. first world problems 

Well, problem is guys only get so many chances at a HC job. Pick the wrong one and you may never see another shot. Steve Wilks. Frazier. Sometimes it's smarter to pass a bad situation. Same is true in any walk of life. I've turned down positions (and yes in my former career field there were limited positions available) at better pay because the situation was irreparable and I didn't want that stank on my name when it failed.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, problem is guys only get so many chances at a HC job. Pick the wrong one and you may never see another shot. Steve Wilks. Frazier. Sometimes it's smarter to pass a bad situation. Same is true in any walk of life. I've turned down positions (and yes in my former career field there were limited positions available) at better pay because the situation was irreparable and I didn't want that stank on my name when it failed.

No offense but turning down jobs for better jobs like lots of everyday people do is not the same as turning down one of only 32 of those jobs in the world.

I do agree it’s often in their best interest, I was just pointing out the craziness of being in a position to say no thank you to one of those rare opportunities.

39 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The compensation for the hiring of a minority (including female) candidate to a HC or GM position is one third round compensatory pick in each of the next two drafts to the team they were hired away from. So a total of two third round comp picks. As others have already mentioned, if Frazier is no longer under contract with the Bills then it doesn’t apply. 

Edited by BarleyNY

I think he technically IS under contract until this season ends for the Bills. I see the Schefter tweet but when he walked away last year it was reported he was still under contract. If that is the case then how can he already be out of contract unless I suppose he and the Bills have quiety come to a pay off arrangement in between time. Which I accept is quite possible. 

The 'leave of absence' line was nothing more than an extremely gracious way to part ways with a longtime and much respected coach and former player.  

Clearly, McDermott wanted to take charge of the defense. There was zero chance Frazier was coming back after a year. 

We have a classy coach who let the veteran leave with dignity. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, SoMAn said:

The 'leave of absence' line was nothing more than an extremely gracious way to part ways with a longtime and much respected coach and former player.  

Clearly, McDermott wanted to take charge of the defense. There was zero chance Frazier was coming back after a year. 

We have a classy coach who let the veteran leave with dignity. 

Yea the thing is nobody ever said he was coming back. The Bills were clear on two things, 1. Leslie wasn't going to coach in 2023; and 2. He wasn't done with coaching. When asked if he was going to be back with the Bills they were completely non-committal. 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Please forgive my ignorance but I’m seeing interviews for Fraizer. If he gets one of these jobs will the Bills get the comp picks associated with it? I don’t know how it works with his leave of absence. Anyone know what this will look like if he gets a job?

Frazier may get job interviews until his 70's because of Rooney rule but is never getting a job

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.