• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

Nah. I’d be quite happy with a 71-3 Packer victory 

That missed extra point might comeback to bite GB in the ***

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Paging the people who argued until they were blue in the face with @Mr. WEO and I that drafting Jordan Love was stupid. 

When you have an old QB and a guy you genuinely think has it slips to you at the end of the first..... you do not pass because your old guy might have a year or two left. You pick him.

to be honest, I had no reason he would be this good in his first year starting.  He looks good

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

lol the games have been atrocious this weekend 

thats why they should have never added a 7th team.  Too many bad teams get in.  I liked it better the way it was and have said that since the beginning.

• Agree 2

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

to be honest, I had no reason he would be this good in his first year starting.  He looks good

Yea it was never even about how good he ended up to me. It was about if you really think he can be (and Green Bay obviously did) you take him. 

I had him as QB3 that year. Below Tua but ahead of Herbert.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Love and Allen are the only deserving QBs in the MVP conversation.  This kid has a cannon and is placing balls in tiny spaces.  Cool under pressure.  Even considering Lamar Jackson in this capacity is mind boggling.  

💯 

I’ve watched the condensed versions of his last few games and was blown away with the throws he’s been making.  Top tier stuff.   Easily the best QB in the nfc if he continues this play

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Yea it was never even about how good he ended up to me. It was about if you really think he can be (and Green Bay obviously did) you take him. 

Yep. 

It honestly didn’t matter if he ended up sucking. Their process was right on the money. They had a guy they thought had enough tools and the makeup to be the guy, he was relatively attainable in a deep QB class, and their starter was a HoFer but a thousand years old.

The Pats didn’t have a succession plan and had to reach for Macorkle. 

The reasons teams do things matters.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

You had both Tua and Love ahead of Herbert?  What do you think now after their play thus far?  Not knocking your opinion on that first question btw.  Just surprised.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.