Taron Johnson Named 2nd Team All-Pro

The most consistent Bill and the unsung hero of the defense. Tackles well, covers well, always healthy, and instincts are phenomenal. If anybody deserves recognition it’s Taron Johnson. His pick 6 against Baltimore was among the top 10 plays in Bills history. Congrats 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7

19 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

This is great an all, but would this imply he's the only Bill on it, and on the 2nd team no less?

That is correct.

Other notable Bills and where they finished in voting:

Josh Allen 4th (Behind Lamar, Dak, and Purdy)

James Cook- NO VOTES

Stef Diggs-15th

Dion Dawkins-5th

Leonard Floyd - NO VOTES

Ed Oliver - 8th

So....#GoBills

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Good Job for Taron!

For Allen that's no All-Pro and to a lesser extent, no Pro Bowl.  The most productive unicorn QB the league has seen and this guy has no major honors to put on his resume after retirement.  Let's hope for a Lombardi of course.  Meanwhile Lamar with MVP's and All-Pro status is being fitted for a gold jacket today.

• Angry 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Well deserved

In a perfect, non biased world QBs should be Dak and Josh

Can't think of any other Bills that should have made it. 

9 Cowboys is comical 

Ed had a strong case to at least be 2nd team. Bernard had some strong numbers but there are a lot of better known ILBs ahead of him. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Cowboys should win SB by 50 looking at this team.

last time something like this happened with Dallas they had 13 pro bowlers, the 1 seed, a week off and a game against the Giants who they had beat 3 times in a row.

then the giants beat them in Irving and won the superbowl.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Congrats to Taron! 

Pretty stupid the list is basically all Cowboys (9, yes 9!!!), Niners (7), and Baltimore (6).  I don't remember the Bills getting 6+ all-pros just because we were 13-3.  Josh is the best QB in the league, continues to be disrespected by the AP.

Edited by Mark80
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

That is correct.

Other notable Bills and where they finished in voting:

Josh Allen 4th (Behind Lamar, Dak, and Purdy)

James Cook- NO VOTES

Stef Diggs-15th

Dion Dawkins-5th

Leonard Floyd - NO VOTES

Ed Oliver - 8th

So....#GoBills

A guy who leads the league in TDs scored is 4th in All Pro voting? Pfft. The whole turnovers thing is so overblown as we saw this weekend. 

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

A guy who leads the league in TDs scored is 4th in All Pro voting? Pfft. The whole turnovers thing is so overblown as we saw this weekend. 

I can see how the constant badgering about his turnovers affects the voters. 

Imo, the bigger mistake/joke/travesty is Ed Oliver not making the first team. 

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

True Darnold is just living off the fumes of years past but I think Chris Jones deserves his spot and before anyone says anything Ed Oliver is not a NT. 

1 minute ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

This whole era of the Bills has just racked up wins without very much individual recognition.  Must have a really good HC.

*ducks*

I've said it before but to me McDermott the best HC in Bills history.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Good Job for Taron!

For Allen that's no All-Pro and to a lesser extent, no Pro Bowl.  The most productive unicorn QB the league has seen and this guy has no major honors to put on his resume after retirement.  Let's hope for a Lombardi of course.  Meanwhile Lamar with MVP's and All-Pro status is being fitted for a gold jacket today.

This is why I'm concerned that Josh won't make the HOF.  Of course he deserves it, and people watching today see how good he is.  But five years after retirement, I don't think people will remember so clearly, and they'll see the lack of those postseason honors and figure, nah, maybe the Hall of Very Good, but not the HOF.    The only solution is to get a Lombardi or two or three.  

Look at the rosters.  Very few AFC players made it.  The entire second team defense and special teams are from the NFC.  I don't know how that happens, not with the AFC having such good teams.  

• Like (+1) 1

Another head scratcher.  The second team RB is Kyren Williams of the Rams.  Maybe I don't watch enough NFC action, but I honestly had never heard of him before this.  Christian McCaffrey of course made first team, and he deserves it, but does Williams deserve it over, say, Derrick Henry, who had more rushing yards behind a weak O line in Tennessee?

25 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

20 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

For me, Allen's turnovers are the one thing that people who didn't think he would have success in the NFL can cling to and say "See, he's not that good". It's the same reason Allen will be a longshot to win an MVP in his career. Those that don't like him have the votes and if he wins it proves them wrong. It is what it is.

Oliver not being at least 2nd team is ludicrous. Bernard had the numbers to support it, however still doesn't have the name people recognize and is up against some strong competition. 

My biggest slight is James Cook. NFL's 4th leading rusher, 1500 all purpose yards and couldn't get ONE vote. Shut out completely. And that's just a few weeks removed from singlehandedly trouncing the Cowboys defense.

• Like (+1) 1

Not that this team needs extra motivation, but all this probowl and all pro nonsense would do it.

Simply laughable that whoever is making these picks is discounting some of the key guys on this team who you can argue are soley responsible for carrying this team to 5 straight wins and 4th straight division title.

2 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

The most consistent Bill and the unsung hero of the defense. Tackles well, covers well, always healthy, and instincts are phenomenal. If anybody deserves recognition it’s Taron Johnson. His pick 6 against Baltimore was among the top 10 plays in Bills history. Congrats 

Agreed on the pick 6.  He is tied with George Teague at 101 yard int return in NFL playoffs.  That won that game, totally turned all the momentum.  Taron "knew" exactly where the ball was going.

another reminder that this is voted on by members of the media. And thus is it that crazy that it is heavily biased and influenced that the players that dominate the lists are either past their prime former all pro OR big media market teams ..... 

its all BS. I have officially started giving zero FRUCKS about pro bowl and all pro

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

True Darnold is just living off the fumes of years past but I think Chris Jones deserves his spot and before anyone says anything Ed Oliver is not a NT. 

I assume you meant Aaron Donald not Darnold.  

Darnold aint never making any all pro teams imo.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Another no name they found in the draft 👍

Beane can't draft

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

This is great an all, but would this imply he's the only Bill on it, and on the 2nd team no less?

Who deserves it?   All Pro is pretty exclusive and you dont find head scratchers like the pro bowl.

5 hours ago, BBFL said:

Had a rough couple of game where he wasn’t getting his head turned around but other than that he’s been the best thing of defense beside Ed Oliver. 

I was starting to get worried he was on the downside of his career.  He turned it around though and went back to being a beast.

• Like (+1) 1

He’s a beast and one of the only slot corners that could play McDs style of D the way he wants it done at the level he’s played it. 

Injuries were a big scare early in his career.  I wasn’t sure how he’d hold up after Landry blindsided him during a preseason game his rookie year.  He had me fooled.  Absolute stud.

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.