Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

8 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Najee Harris is the exact type of back you want in a game where it's just a run the ball out of power formation due to poor field conditions 

Bills are going to have to be the tougher team on both sides to win in that type of game

won't it be harder to run when the defense knows you're going to run?

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

I did, but I parlayed it with Najee to score the games first TD plus cowboys and chiefs to win. That 4 leg parlay is +4,000 on DraftKings right now. $50 gets me almost $2,100. 

It didn’t go over well when I suggested I’d rather lose last week and play all road games due to weather. I’m good going to balmy Miami with josh. Problem is all the other opponents are going to be nasty weather games so maybe we survive this week and then get better weather at home next week. 

Yeah, I think it's mostly this week that is the problem, but when it comes to bad weather for the remaining AFC teams, we get the worst of it for sure. If we lose this one, I am seriously going to wonder and worry about how this changes the team dynamic. Will they even want to try for home field anymore? Will some of the players not want to play for The Bills because of this? I mean, it sucks. It could derail us, and if you work really hard for something and it backfires, it's going to have some sort of impact on you.

Where do you go from being a team that could, at the very least, give The Ravens a run for the money but bounced out for fluky reasons out of your control? If we lose, I am terrified of the consequences. It might not be locker room bickering, but aggravation for playing in this market 😑

The guys on FS1 this morning said the Steelers would be morons to attempt even one pass in the weather.  They should run every play and wait for Bills mistakes.  I also would question Buffalo throwing any pass beyond 5-7 yards.   If they try to get cute in terrible winds and snowfall it will not be good.  It's not only hard to throw but its hard to track the ball and catch it too (it's rising and dipping all over the place).  It will be a waste of a down if Josh is trying to complete downfield passes.

Just run, scramble a bit with Allen and play better D than Pittsburgh and wait for THEM to make the mistakes.

Just now, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, I think it's mostly this week that is the problem, but when it comes to bad weather for the remaining AFC teams, we get the worst of it for sure. If we lose this one, I am seriously going to wonder and worry about how this changes the team dynamic. Will they even want to try for home field anymore? Will some of the players not want to play for The Bills because of this? I mean, it sucks. It could derail us, and if you work really hard for something and it backfires, it's going to have some sort of impact on you.

Where do you go from being a team that could, at the very least, give The Ravens a run for the money but bounced out for fluky reasons out of your control? If we lose, I am terrified of the consequences. It might not be locker room bickering, but aggravation for playing in this market 😑

Relax.  Terrified?  Let’s have a bit of perspective 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

I dunno if its starting to look worse and worse, Pat Hammer on channel 2 this morning was more optimistic. Said its still too early to tell where the band sets up, but with the powerful wind and the direction he thinks theres a decent chance that the band will be above OP during the game (DEFINITELY over the stadium for the night/overnight sunday). Only time the snow fall matters is from 1-3...let us play our game as much as possible for the majority of the game and its an easy DUB.

I’ve always liked Patrick Hammer.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Josh being Josh the Bills can still have a passing game threat.  Steelers don’t have that.  Plus our D has been playing really good football.  We’ll be fine.

This is the only thing keeping me off the ledge right now.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

The guys on FS1 this morning said the Steelers would be morons to attempt even one pass in the weather.  They should run every play and wait for Bills mistakes.  I also would question Buffalo throwing any pass beyond 5-7 yards.   If they try to get cute in terrible winds and snowfall it will not be good.  It's not only hard to throw but its hard to track the ball and catch it too (it's rising and dipping all over the place).  It will be a waste of a down if Josh is trying to complete downfield passes.

Just run, scramble a bit with Allen and play better D than Pittsburgh and wait for THEM to make the mistakes.

Peyton kidded about having a laser, rocket arm.  Josh HAS a laser, rocket arm.

2 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Yeah, I think it's mostly this week that is the problem, but when it comes to bad weather for the remaining AFC teams, we get the worst of it for sure. 😑

Next Sunday looks frigid but no precipitation as of right now.  Of course, that could change ten times between now and then

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, zow2 said:

why would Steelers be successful running every play when we know they're going to be running every play? Our run defense has been very good and our DL has been playing very well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Peyton kidded about having a laser, rocket arm.  Josh HAS a laser, rocket arm.

Yeah, but if Josh thinks he can out throw 30mph winds and 43 gusts he needs to check his ego at the door. lol.  A frozen ball being thrown at 90mph to a guy 7 yards in front of him in snowfall/wind will not be real catchable.  

This game will be all about who can play better D, run the ball more effectively and make a special teams play or two that hurts the other team.  Whichever teams gets more takeaways is likely to win. 

In my opinion the better team going in, should still be the better team in a bad weather game.

• Agree 1

Just now, zow2 said:

Yeah, but if Josh thinks he can out throw 30mph winds and 43 gusts he needs to check his ego at the door. lol.  A frozen ball being thrown at 90mph to a guy 7 yards in front of him in snowfall/wind will not be real catchable.  

This game will be all about who can play better D, run the ball more effectively and make a special teams play or two that hurts the other team.  Whichever teams gets more takeaways is likely to win. 

In my opinion the better team going in, should still be the better team in a bad weather game.

I think our D has been playing great and will continue to do so.  And we can run as well.   But Josh will also be able to throw still.  It won’t be the normal package but he’ll make throws.

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

why would Steelers be successful running every play when we know they're going to be running every play? Our run defense has been very good and our DL has been playing very well.

Bills fans are programmed to see the bad in things.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

Najee Harris is the exact type of back you want in a game where it's just a run the ball out of power formation due to poor field conditions 

Bills are going to have to be the tougher team on both sides to win in that type of game

Not so sure on Najee, seems like he’s a big back who likes to play like a small back to me. Warren runs the ball harder than Harris in my opinion. 

39 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Wind, shmind, how will the overhang roof hold up heavy snow?

Ha - I was actually thinking about this.  It looks like the overhang at least slopes away from the edges so people shouldn't be crushed by glaciers falling on them - but snow is going to accumulate along the middle line.  Wonder how many feet of snow the engineers have factored in for max load  😛

qw0zpzs6vh1qfrckwbzp.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Josh was 15/30 145yds 1td in the wind game against the Pats, that wind was way worse than it will be on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I think the Bills need to be who they are. Allen can throw it in the wind and snow and we need to cut him loose. Let Pitt prepare all week for a ground and pound game and then come out slinging it. 

Neutering JA isn’t the answer. He needs to let the huevos swing IMHO.

We might see a lot of Latavius Murray with his ball security on Sunday. 

You don't have to throw it 35 times but still let Josh take some chances. I would actually say the chances of him throwing a pick are lower than usual in this weather. Incompletions aren't good either but the key will be not turning it over.

Rudolph isn't beating you in perfect weather so he definitely isn't beating you in this kind of weather. Bring Poyer and Hyde down and stop the run. I'll take my chances with Rudolph trying to throw a deep ball in this weather even with no safety help. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, gordong said:

can you imagine 70,000 fans trying to get out of a football game with 3 feet of snow and 50 mph winds...  

I'm guessing the game will get moved or delayed 

I was at the Bills Jets game in Detroit at Ford Field ( with a browns fan!). Great experience. We’d lose home field advantage to some extent fans- wise but that would be my vote if game gets moved. Ironically my daughter is in Ann Arbor this weekend for a high school thing. Go Bills!

Wasn't Washington FedEx field on the table last season when it ultimately got moved to Detroit?   Sunny and 42 on Sunday...windy but not crazy.  Seems like a decent option over Cleveland but mainly because i could attend. :)

2 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Monday is a holiday. Play it then rather than move it.

Monday's weather looks terrible from what i see. Colder...highs in the teens, still windy and heavy Lake effect snow still in play.

12 minutes ago, gordong said:

will 6-10 inches  is now turning into possibly 1-3 feet with 50 mph winds...   Can't imagine that they wont move this game to Cleveland or Detroit. 

I’m hearing 55-60 inches with 110 mph prevailing winds now

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, gordong said:

will 6-10 inches  is now turning into possibly 1-3 feet with 50 mph winds...   Can't imagine that they wont move this game to Cleveland or Detroit. 

there is literally zero chance of that

if ANYTHING (and it would be an extremely small chance) maybe push the game to Monday night after the snow passes

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

I’m hearing 55-60 inches with 110 mph prevailing winds now

NOAA expected snow for Buffalo is a little under 2 feet thru Monday morning. This could and often does increase as we get closer and they become more sure of the wind direction. Looks like Buffalo Metro and the immediate Southtowns are taking the brunt of this on the chin while the game is being played.

Think Indy Snow game with slightly less wind than the New England Wind Game mixed together.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, gordong said:

Unlikely...this area is pretty much fine with anything under 4 feet. We have the best snow plowing in the country outside of the Sierra Nevada Mountains that get like 15-20 feet of snow in storm systems at times.

So good that many other states send their snow plow drivers to be trained in WNY

Edited by Big Turk

34 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

I think the Bills need to be who they are. Allen can throw it in the wind and snow and we need to cut him loose. Let Pitt prepare all week for a ground and pound game and then come out slinging it. 

Neutering JA isn’t the answer. He needs to let the huevos swing IMHO.

A big turnover that leads to a score in this game could be the difference 

Josh needs to protect the football maybe more in this game than any other we've played this season

41 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Not so sure on Najee, seems like he’s a big back who likes to play like a small back to me. Warren runs the ball harder than Harris in my opinion. 

They both run hard.

Najee has the most angry runs on GMFB. He's a power back

3 minutes ago, BuffBills51 said:

I am traveling from about 3 hours away and see drastic differences in what each weather site is calling for. What is the local news reporting as likely snow amount?

This morning I saw 6-10inches overnight Saturday to Lake snow over stadium Sunday 1-3 inches per hour possible 

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

Now I’m kind of glad the wind game happened because that’s an absolutely idiotic strategy that people think is viable apparently lol that game was an absolute fluke with NE breaking that big run…they had like 200+ rushing yards and only crossed midfield twice.  That NE oline was pretty good too and pits is just ok.  And who says running every play is any safer?  The fumble risk is high. 

not saying youre wrong it’s the fs1 guys.  Keeping the passes shorter would obviously be smart.  

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I’m hoping the weather isn’t as bad as predicted. I’m also not predicting a Bills loss either way. We have what it takes to win, I just don’t understand people pretending that Allen can throw the ball if the wind and snow is what they predict. No one is throwing into that type of wind. It’d be against the laws of physics. We shouldn’t lose this game, but be realistic about the type of game it might be. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.