Steelers @ Bills. Monday, January 15th at 4:30pm.

Einstein

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

The defensive holding penalty that stopped the clock on Josh’s 3rd and 13 conversion screwed things up quite a bit on the drive. It required us to convert another 1st down when we may not have had to otherwise. 

As I mentioned in another thread, the NFL definitely needs to fix that next year. You shouldn’t be able to stop the clock by committing a penalty, and especially so if the opponent declines the penalty! 

• Like (+1) 4

I’m nervous that home field advantage won’t be as strong as we hope.  

There are a ton of tickets available on Ticketmaster.  Steelers fans will ***** them right up. 

• Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

My lord the weather looks like it’s going to be BRUTAL. 

So the home field advantage lies solely in all of you maniacs being LOUD. I have faith in you…. Mad Df GIF by UMC - Stream Black Better

I’ll get flamed for this but I honestly didn’t care if we lost last weekend because there’s no advantage for us at home with the weather. This team isn’t great in the elements, please don’t forget last year against the Bengals at home. The weather kills every advantage we have and we’re going to have to run the ball now. And unless you think we can all of a sudden shut down Cam Heyward for the first time ever, I just don’t see where the 10 point spread is coming from. I’d rather be playing in sunny south beach. 

3 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Expecting strong winds = emphasis on run game....do they suit up Linval Joseph and sit Von Miller? 

I recognize they don't play the same position, I am just thinking conceptually, I guess. 

I could see this. Maybe 5 DT’s and 4 DE’s. Rousseau, Lawson, and Epinesa are great at setting the edge, then have the big boys up the middle clean it up. Like to Joseph and Jones in on obvious running downs. 

25F with 20-30 MPH winds but dry for the time being. Hope things change weather wise as we get closer but I dont like those winds potentially taking away from the passing game. They're going to get their yards with Najee and Warren. Would be cool to see Playoff Lenny dress again this week. Need grinders in the mix. Im always nervous and paint worst case scenario's in my own head so I should shut up lol. Bills smashing this Sunday! 

Hey guys..... Bills fan since '84. Long time lurker here. First post. Pumped for Sunday!         

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloWitch said:

25F with 20-30 MPH winds but dry for the time being. Hope things change weather wise as we get closer but I dont like those winds potentially taking away from the passing game. They're going to get their yards with Najee and Warren. Would be cool to see Playoff Lenny dress again this week. Need grinders in the mix. Im always nervous and paint worst case scenario's in my own head so I should shut up lol. Bills smashing this Sunday! 

Hey guys..... Bills fan since '84. Long time lurker here. First post. Pumped for Sunday!         

If it's closer to 20 - that really ain't too bad.

The wind is the only thing that concerns me.  Snow wouldn't be bad, as long as it's not like the Pats/Jets game.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

There are a ton of tickets available on Ticketmaster.  Steelers fans will ***** them right up. 

There aren't a "ton" available 

Just now, Success said:

If it's closer to 20 - that really ain't too bad.

The wind is the only thing that concerns me.  Snow wouldn't be bad, as long as it's not like the Pats/Jets game.

Yeah after the NE playoff game 2 years ago at close to zero I dont worry about the cold. It stays dry Im feeling 100% confident. 

Steelers have a below average run defense compared to the better last 3 run defenses faced so that should spell well for bills. Unless they decide to abandon it this game all of a sudden because it hasn't worked the past 3 games

Edited by motorj

25 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Is that normal? Altogether about half of the stadium available.

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Masterclass 4D chess by the staff.  We can now run the ball.

Cook has been established as a good back.

Allen's threat to run has been firmly re-established

Now we can kill teams on play-action and deep....if Allen can remember how to put the proper air on 40+ yard passes 

Other than the Dallas game, Cook hasn't had a significant rushing game and has averaged an incredibly pedestrian 3.6 YPC 

So sure, if our Dallas offense shows up, agreed.  If not, then not necessarily.  

53 minutes ago, Governor said:

I guess when you take a step back and reanalyze those downs, the run to the left kneel down to keep the clock running, there’s no way that call came from Brady up top. That original call (whatever it was) was overruled by McD 100 percent. There’s no intent to get any yardage on that play whatsoever to get us into FG range.  

And we still didn’t kill the clock.

Which play are you referring to? The Allen run on 2nd and 11 after the Dolphins called their final timeout with under 3 minutes left? 

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I agree.  We should 100% win this game.  Honestly, if we lose I would be back on the fire McD train.  Pitts has a good physical team and good coaching but we have a better team and we are at home.  If we lose this game then 100% it's on coaching.

That said, I have no doubts we win this game.

As well, I have no doubt, but if we lose either home game, it's quite reasonable that there will be a significant swing in sentiment like that.  

How often can a team with Allen at QB fail to advance beyond the D Round. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

8 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Other than the Dallas game, Cook hasn't had a significant rushing game and has averaged an incredibly pedestrian 3.6 YPC 

So sure, if our Dallas offense shows up, agreed.  If not, then not necessarily.  

The tailing off of the running game is a huge concern to me.

This is either going to be remedied by Allen throwing 35+ times in bad weather or Leonard fournette is going to have a bigger role this week.

and maybe Playoff lenny should be involved in this game more.  The Steelers are going to come out and show they are the tougher team early and having this big dude run the ball on them and dish out some punishment might be just what this game needs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes. 

Yeah, that’s not what the play call was. It was a version of the QB sweep they’ve run with Allen in the past (Houston WC game comes to mind, but it was a pretty common play call under Daboll).

The play got blown up and rather than Josh try and fight up the sideline and stop the clock by going out of bounds, he fell down in bounds.

If you legitimately think the play call was “run left and kneel down” I don’t really know what to say… 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Wife just got a call from her best friend.  Asked if her and I wanted free tickets to the game Sunday.   Wife asked me if I wanted to go.   I am thinking about a legal separation for the fact she even asked.

Needless to say I'll be there Sunday loud and proud.  Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 11
  • Awesome! (+1) 14

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Yeah, that’s not what the play call was. It was a version of the QB sweep they’ve run with Allen in the past (Houston WC game comes to mind, but it was a pretty common play call under Daboll).

The play got blown up and rather than Josh try and fight up the sideline and stop the clock by going out of bounds, he fell down in bounds.

If you legitimately think the play call was “run left and kneel down” I don’t really know what to say… 

It was a designed run left with nowhere to throw the ball.

You have 4 plays to end the game. You need 1 more first down to kill the clock, you used up 1 play already (run up middle) so now 3 chances left, and that’s the play you run on 2nd down? It was a throwaway play any way you slice it. It probably has a 5 percent success rate in that situation.

I’ve moved on. Just pointing out once again that McD is the roadblock keeping this team from reaching a SB with his spineless calls down the stretch of games.

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, Governor said:

It was a designed run left with nowhere to throw the ball.

You have 4 plays to end the game. You need 1 more first down to kill the clock, you used up 1 play already (run up middle) so now 3 chances left, and that’s the play you run on 2nd down? It was a throwaway play any way you slice it. It probably has a 5 percent success rate in that situation.

I’ve moved on. Just pointing out once again that McD is the roadblock keeping this team from reaching a SB with his spineless calls down the stretch of games.

Then don’t speak in hyperbole. You called it “a kneel to the left.” That wasn’t the play call. 

That play has been very successful for them in the past. It gives them an extra blocker and puts the ball in your best player’s hands. It also limits the possibility of a turnover in that situation and guarantees the clock keeps running. 

McDermott went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 35 on the same drive, went for it again from 4th and 1 and you’ve zeroed in on a QB sweep (that’s been very effective in the past) as spineless? 

Your agenda is showing… 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Am I crazy to want Linval Joseph active for this game, given the weather forecast and the Steelers' recent success running the ball?

I'm not sure there's a position elsewhere on the roster where the Bills could realistically sacrifice a roster spot, and I can't recall ever seeing the Bills have five DTs active on game day, but if there was ever a week...

What if we go with Joseph and bench Poona Ford?

• Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Then don’t speak in hyperbole. You called it “a kneel to the left.” That wasn’t the play call. 

That play has been very successful for them in the past. It gives them an extra blocker and puts the ball in your best player’s hands. It also limits the possibility of a turnover in that situation and guarantees the clock keeps running. 

McDermott went for it on 4th and 1 from his own 35 on the same drive, went for it again from 4th and 1 and you’ve zeroed in on a QB sweep (that’s been very effective in the past) as spineless? 

Your agenda is showing… 

“It also limits the possibility of a turnover in that situation and guarantees the clock keeps running.”

Exactly right!

You said it perfectly right there. That was the thinking behind that play call at that crucial moment of the game.

16 minutes ago, Governor said:

“It also limits the possibility of a turnover in that situation and guarantees the clock keeps running.”

Exactly right!

You said it perfectly right there. That was the thinking behind that play call at that crucial moment of the game.

As it should be? They had the lead and the Dolphins were out of timeouts. 

The object of the game is to have more points than the other team when the clock expires. 

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Same injury Jordan Phillips had last year FWIW. After a week or two of rest you can play with a sling/brace, and of course a pre-game visit from Dr. Needle.

Yeah the leg whip causes what's called a valgus force on the outside of the knee which puts pressure on the MCL and leads to the strain.

Any word on this cat? I don’t exactly recall but he should be elidgible to return from IR soon. 

Edit; looked it up…available to play if they make it through this week. I’ll be curious how they handle it. A lot of bodies available at DT when he returns. And idt Eddy O can realistically keep playing 80% of snaps 

5 hours ago, HappyDays said:

This particular source has never given me bad info. They were regularly giving me injury updates earlier in the season all of which turned out to be true.

All due respect, as I do appreciate you bringing this information here: 

Is this the same person who implied we were signing Matt Ionidis and Donkey Kong Suh earlier in the season?

Grain of salt. We should know more definitively tomorrow. 

Either way; not trying to shoot the messenger, but am curious about the validity of the info 

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable

29 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

What if we go with Joseph and bench Poona Ford?

Poona is good against the run too he is an odd specimen that is hard to block. He also has some pass rush moves and played all over Seattle's front so you could move him around so maybe Lawson sits and keep Poona in the rotation to keep more beef up front and fresh.

Miami was having success on the perimeter... Basically running away from our run stuffers, but McD made some good adjustments at the half.

Pittsbugh loves those gap runs and are pretty stout up front and have running backs that can break tackles. They ran more 13 sets and heavily used their TEs to wash out the second level defenders too vs Seattle.

Our best defense would be to get up on them a few scores and force them into a boat race... Not what they are built best to do 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

The Bills have proven over the last 4 seasons, they can beat anyone in the NFL.

In the last 3 years, they have exactly TWO losses over 7 points (last year's playoff game against the Bengals, and a blowout by the Colts).

Nobody...including the Ravens and 49ers...should feel extremely confident about going up against us.

Our problem has always been sloppy play.  Unforced turnovers.  Drops.  Penalties.  In other words...BEATING OURSELVES.

This season, we learned that if we play sloppy enough, even the worst teams in the league can defeat us.

Five of our six losses were against teams that didn't even make the playoffs.

The road to a Super Bowl win is there for the taking.  More than anytime I can remember.

The Steelers barely deserved to make the playoffs and will be without their best player.  The second round will either be against the most flawed Chiefs team since Patrick Mahomes became the starter, old-man Joe Flacco or a rookie QB.  The best squads in front of us are led by Lamar Jackson (who we've shut-down before) and Brock Purdy.

But can the Bills play clean, disciplined football for the rest of the postseason...

Honestly I only care if it's clean and disciplined enough to win.  Ugly wins, I'll take 'em too.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Wife just got a call from her best friend.  Asked if her and I wanted free tickets to the game Sunday.   Wife asked me if I wanted to go.   I am thinking about a legal separation for the fact she even asked.

Needless to say I'll be there Sunday loud and proud.  Go Bills!

THAT is a good friend.

7 minutes ago, Georgia Bill said:

Honestly I only care if it's clean and disciplined enough to win.  Ugly wins, I'll take 'em too.

They don't ask how. They ask how many.

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Is this the same person who implied we were signing Matt Ionidis and Donkey Kong Suh earlier in the season?

Fair question. No it is not. That info was actually given to me by two other people separately which I thought was enough evidence to consider it valid. That was my mistake and it's why I haven't posted inside info lately on here, I don't want to post bad info. I later found out Ionnaidis and Suh were looked into, and Ionnaidis at least was given a physical, but a few people made a leap to assume that meant a signing was imminent.

But the injury info I posted earlier in this thread is from my usual source, and I'll no longer be posting info I hear from anyone else.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.