See yourself out Allen haters!!!!

Einstein

5 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Allen puts up 425 yards himself in a game yet has a “bad game” in the eyes of many. I bet the Hall of Famer Jim Kelly only had 3-4 games of 400 yards himself and Allen does it 1 or 2 times per year. 

in my mind Gabe Davis is a root cause of at least half his picks this year and I was actually glad he wasn’t in during the second half. He doesn’t read what Josh does and tries a double move on a blitz? How dumb. The only thing worse is how he hurts himself jogging across the end zone on a natural turf field. 

It'll be interesting who their #2 will be next year?  1st rd draft pick, UFA?  Hopkins would have looked really good with this team this year

1 hour ago, JayBaller10 said:

I’m not sure we have any Allen “haters,” those who criticize his play just want him to play better. We go as Allen goes. If he’s on his game we can and will win a SB. If he’s off, we lose, because it’s likely he’s making plays for the other team. Criticizing and wanting more isn’t “hating.”

Hahaha.......you said in the game day thread you would take a bunch of QBs over Josh. That's totally different than criticizing him, that's not liking him and you wishing the Bills had a different QB. You Josh haters can go!

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, LarryMadman said:

Hahaha.......you said in the game day thread you would take a bunch of QBs over Josh. That's totally different than criticizing him, that's not liking him and you wishing the Bills had a different QB. You Josh haters can go!

I never said I’d take “a bunch” of QBs over Allen, don’t misquote me to fuel your high horse narrative. I said it’s popular on this board to say “I’d take no other QB in this league over Allen” and I said I’d take a couple. A couple as in 2. I love Allen when he’s making plays, not so much when he’s one of the primary reasons the offense can’t move the ball or continuously turns it over. No Bills fan on this board “hates” Allen, get off your soap box.

In my mind to think he had a bad game and still had 359 yards and 2 TDs.  Imagine if he had a good game.  He doesn't throw the picks, Cooks makes a catch, and he hits Diggs it's not unthinkable that Josh could have had 500 yards and 4TD's against the Fins.

Edited by Maine-iac
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

He stunk the first half.  And then played as good as a QB can play in the fourth quarter.  No one needs you being the thought police.

He wasn't THAT bad in the first half. He was 29-37. He played good minus the 2 picks

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

Man he would be completely unstoppable if he could get rid of those stupid picks.

I mean 20-0 every year

That’s part of his game. Sometimes those risky throws work out and some don’t. You can’t have one without the other. Putting a leash on Allen would be the dumbest thing a franchise could do. I just wish he didn’t take so much physical damage in the process. 

If you have the defense to erase the TO's then having a gunslinger can work out.  It's always better to not turn the ball over a lot but if your defense is playing well it hurts less.  The more you do it the more it bites you in the butt.  My largest complaint is that it isn't a here or there thing.  Pretty much every week we turn the ball over.  

56 minutes ago, HopefulFuture said:

I openly admit I had no confidence in Josh. I started a thread to such I was so p I s s e d at him. Even this game I wasn't thrilled given the first half performance.

But, if you'd like me to see myself out, ok, I'll stop sending money, as I have every single time the call went out from Bills fans, I'll stop going to games, I'll stop hoping they make it all the way if that is what you wish 

You said, "see yourself out Josh haters". Well, I can. The Bulls aren't my first sports love, the Sabres are, but if so many of you don't want passionate fans that have independent thought and express such.......bye.

see you next week

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

The mistake at end of the half is on him.

No routes were in the endzone though. I honestly think Johnson was the designed read and Josh thought he had enough leverage to sneak past the goalline. Instead he got stopped in his tracks (by an illegal hit).

If Josh wasn't supposed to throw that pass then they might as well have just kicked the FG on 3rd down. Because every throw he could have made there would have been completed short of the endzone.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

“rough day”

Allen routinely breaking records while 30% of the fan base complains is something man. Remember Rob Johnson lol. We’ve got it so good.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

He stunk the first half.  And then played as good as a QB can play in the fourth quarter.  No one needs you being the thought police.

Stunk?

Seriously?????

Your standards are ridiculous if you think Allen stunk in the 1st half. Or you're stat watching.

Allen’s worst 2 plays of the entire game were the play that ended the 1st half and his lost fumble. Otherwise, he was excellent. Throwing an interception on 4th down in the EZ that nets the team 15 yards looks bad on the stat sheet but wasn't a bad play given the circumstances and the 1st Interception was on Davis.

I would think you would be able to acknowledge the context of these plays.

Team won because of Allen. Even the drives we turned the ball over the offense drove the ball down the field to give the D a breather and then set them up to defend a long field.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Bingo.  On the replay there were only 2 Bills receivers in the end zone and they were blanketed.  They both were at opposite sides meaning the middle of the field was opening up.  Allen had to choose between getting the ball to the target at the 1 and hoping he gets in, throwing the ball away or taking a sack which also would have ran the clock out.  I think he made the right choice and throw and that hit should have been flagged.

Cowherd made a great point tonight in saying that 2 terrible non calls by the officials in the 1st half - the non PI call on the first drive and the failure to call the helmet hit at the end of the 2nd quarter - cost the Bills at least 10 points.  How differently would we be talking about Allen's first half if we get those points or if Cook catches a perfectly thrown TD pass to him?

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I think both INTs today were on Josh. I give him a bit of a break on the first one in that he couldn't see but Apple kept outside leverage so Gabe had broken off the route and headed for the post but Josh made a bad decision to throw it. Take the sack or throw away. The 2nd one was a totally needless throw. He came off the route he should have thrown. And the DB undercut where Gabe was running so even if he doesn't trip that it is a pick.

People forget the 2nd one was on 4th down, so INT is better than an Incomplete pass.  Better to heave it deep where if there is a pick it’s like a punt while still giving the offense a chance to make a play or score.  Josh knows this, and he’s heaved passes like this rather than throw away or take the sack on 4th before  

On 4th down, the QB is better off throwing an INT trying to make a play than taking sack or incomplete pass blocking because it’s a turnover no matter what if you don’t get the first.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Stunk?

Seriously?????

Your standards are ridiculous if you think Allen stunk in the 1st half. Or you're stat watching.

People don’t appreciate effort, which is kind of wild considering how much lackluster poor QB play is out there.

You’ve got guys who physically can’t give the same effort as Allen (Pickett, any Jet QB) and then a bunch of guys who don’t (Herbert, Kyler)

Josh will always go down swinging. And then he might just turn it around, throw for 360 yards, and lock up the division bwahaha. But yeah, absolutely nothing about his game “stinks”. Especiallly when comparing him to the rest of the leagues dismal, boring, C- quarterbacks.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No routes were in the endzone though. I honestly think Johnson was the designed read and Josh thought he had enough leverage to sneak past the goalline. Instead he got stopped in his tracks (by an illegal hit).

If Josh wasn't supposed to throw that pass then they might as well have just kicked the FG on 3rd down. Because every throw he could have made there would have been completed short of the endzone.

I don’t disagree with this

It was McDs only real mistake of the night - he shouldn’t leave it to the QB he knows will attempt the impossible or improbable so just call for the FG.  

I know I know.  You trust Josh to throw it away.  Yea.  I get it.  You’re not wrong either.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen is a great QB,  obviously the Bills would be nowhere without him but I hate that according to many every mistake is someone else's fault.

How in the world, do people think that if Davis didn't trip, the 2nd int would have been a touchdown?  The defender was standing there for two seconds waiting for the ball to get him.  The best you could have hope from Davis was that he would break it up.  However, that wasn't the issue, it was 4th down so the interception was better than turning it over on downs.  The issue on that play was that he was looking at a TE who who was open and 90% would have gotten a first down on YAC and he didn't throw it to him.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

It was McDs only real mistake of the night - he shouldn’t leave it to the QB he knows will attempt the impossible or improbable so just call for the FG.  

I know I know.  You trust Josh to throw it away.  Yea.  I get it.  You’re not wrong either.  

That is a great still shot, thank you. It was 100% the right read and thrown to the best possible spot to give Johnson momentum towards the endzone.

If Allen isn't supposed to attempt that throw then running the play at all was a mistake. Personally I just accept that the other team made a great play to keep him out of the endzone. It doesn't always have to be someone's fault.

• Agree 4

I don't want another QB either, but I'm still going to point out when he does something dumb. Just like any other player or coach.

Liking and supporting a player doesn't mean you have to ignore their weaknesses and mistakes.

• Agree 4

9 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I thought they were hunting a TD with minimal interest in a FG that whole possession.

I had no problem with the way they want about it and I hope they continue to stay that aggressive there.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I thought they were hunting a TD with minimal interest in a FG that whole possession.

I had no problem with the way they want about it and I hope they continue to stay that aggressive there.

And this is true about that play

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

And this is true about that play

I didn't agree with folks who wanted a flag there.

I don't want to see this league start calling penalties on two guys getting after it at the goalline, or at the sticks for that matter.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

He may screw up sometimes, but he puts his heart and soul into every game and when the game is on the line, he shines!

That 3rd and 13 he got to extend the drive …. NO other quarterback is getting that.

I will forever ride or die with Josh Allen. I don’t want ANYONE else. I wouldn’t trade him for Mahomes, Burrow, Rodgers and all of the gold in the world.

When you lead the league in turnovers four years running, you deserve criticism  from your fan base. 

3 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Will you admit you’re like completely wrong on most of your takes now?

No.  He was bad the first half with the turnovers.  And incredible in the fourth quarter.  Love Josh but that’s just how it was.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

People forget the 2nd one was on 4th down, so INT is better than an Incomplete pass.  Better to heave it deep where if there is a pick it’s like a punt while still giving the offense a chance to make a play or score.  Josh knows this, and he’s heaved passes like this rather than throw away or take the sack on 4th before  

On 4th down, the QB is better off throwing an INT trying to make a play than taking sack or incomplete pass blocking because it’s a turnover no matter what if you don’t get the first.  

But he stared down a pass for a first to his left before he started running out to his right and heaved it.

4 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Yep. And he totally took over the game in the 4th Quarter. He does owe some thanks to his teammates though - especially on D where we are down to about our 7th linebacker - and Harty for keeping the game there for him to influence late. 

Josh Allen is always the most talented guy on the football field. Collinsworth said it early last night.... most of the time the opposition can't beat Josh Allen but sometimes Josh Allen beats Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.