Congrats to Pro Bowlers James Cook and Dion Dawkins!

beebe

Score the most number of TDs as a QB… be an alternate. The turnover storyline has really done a number on Josh. Bet Mahomes has still made it, despite his count not being that much lower. Jackson is obvious. Who’s the third? Tua?

• Like (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Score the most number of TDs as a QB… be an alternate. The turnover storyline has really done a number on Josh. Bet Mahomes has still made it, despite his count not being that much lower. Jackson is obvious. Who’s the third? Tua?

If you throw out the goal line runs for Allen, his play this year definitely a peg below his prior years. His entire MVP candidacy has essentially been his ability to score inside the 5 yard line. Tons of bad games on the year. Which has been true across the league with QBs. Defenses definitely punched back this year in a major way.

Edited by beebe
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 6

2 minutes ago, beebe said:

If you throw out the goal line runs for Allen, his play this year definitely a peg below his prior years. His entire MVP candidacy has essentially been his ability to score inside the 5 yard line. Tons of bad games on the year. Which has been true across the league with QBs. Defenses definitely punched back this year in a major way.

Why would anyone "throw out" his goal line runs? Just FYI, he was the number one fantasy player in my league.   He's a total stud, period, and should be a pro bowler.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, beebe said:

Josh generally turns up in the 4th and puts the Bills in a winning position. Whether the defense can then hold on to that is a coin flip. Had they done so against the Pats and the Broncos (more on ST), had the Eagles kicker not managed a freak, he’d probably be right up there without doing anything differently. As you say, QB play has been pretty poor all round this year and, even trying to take my Bills tinted spectacles off, I can’t name two other QBs who have done more for their team in the AFC, Jackson aside.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, beebe said:

If you throw out the goal line runs for Allen, his play this year definitely a peg below his prior years. His entire MVP candidacy has essentially been his ability to score inside the 5 yard line. Tons of bad games on the year. Which has been true across the league with QBs. Defense definitely punched back this year in a major way.

Allen only has 5 goal line TDs. The rest of his rushing TDs are from 3+ yards. He has by far the most non-“tush push” rushing TDs by a QB this year.

• Like (+1) 3

Major snubs for Oliver and Douglas.   You could probably consider Josh a snub, kind of odd the guy who leads the league in total touchdowns isnt a pro bowler, but Lamar is the darling of the NFL right now.   NFL needs to do away with the Pro Bowl and just do the All Pro List. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Coldfronts said:

hard to believe Josh has only 2 pro bowl seasons....ridged 

This stuff all goes on post career resume. Josh get nothing.  Meanwhile with 2 MVPs Lamar is probably being fitted for his gold jacket regardless of whether they win a SB or not

• Like (+1) 2

I think I remember from 2 years ago when Lamar Jackson inexplicably got the pro bowl over Allen, it came out that the big difference was the player portion of the vote.

Basically the players hate Josh Allen’s guts and won’t vote for him. They all seem to be buddies with Lamar Jackson, so he got the nod (despite not deserving it at all).

I have to imagine something similar happened this year. My conspiracy theory is he hasn’t been able to shake the reputation from the pre-draft tweets.

Edited by DapperCam
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

Major snubs for Oliver and Douglas.   You could probably consider Josh a snub, kind of odd the guy who leads the league in total touchdowns isnt a pro bowler, but Lamar is the darling of the NFL right now.   NFL needs to do away with the Pro Bowl and just do the All Pro List. 

Have they changed it? Is it just one QB from each conference to the pro-bowl now as I thought it was three? If just the one I can fully understand why Jackson (presumably) has been picked ahead of Josh. If it is three, I think I’ll be unimpressed with whoever the other two are. Mahomes isn’t far behind in TOs and has fewer TDs and Tua is reliant on his receiving corps. Perhaps Stroud has got in because of the fairytale storyline they’ve placed on him, despite him looking a shadow of himself when he lost Dell.

Completely agree with you and others about Oliver. I suppose Douglas’ issue is he joined the Bills mid season. Not sure how he’d performed for the Packers before then.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

And Lamar isn’t even the starter 

23 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Tua isn’t the third, he’s the first 😂 

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Have they changed it? Is it just one QB from each conference to the pro-bowl now as I thought it was three? If just the one I can fully understand why Jackson (presumably) has been picked ahead of Josh. If it is three, I think I’ll be unimpressed with whoever the other two are. Mahomes isn’t far behind in TOs and has fewer TDs and Tua is reliant on his receiving corps. Perhaps Stroud has got in because of the fairytale storyline they’ve placed on him, despite him looking a shadow of himself when he lost Dell.

Completely agree with you and others about Oliver. I suppose Douglas’ issue is he joined the Bills mid season. Not sure how he’d performed for the Packers before then.

It is Tua and Mahomes.

Both of which are just two turnover under Allen, Tua has 14 less TDs Mahomes 15.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Tua isn’t the third, he’s the first 😂 

😂 I want to congratulate Cook and Dawkins on making the Pro Bowl but at the same time call it a load of…

Number of TDs (AFC only): Josh 42, R Wilson 29, Jackson 29, Tua 28, Mahomes 27, Stroud 24

Number of TOs (AFC only): Josh 19, Lawrence 19, Mahomes 17, Tua 17, Minshew 14, Z Wilson 14, Jones 14

And this is admittedly with the offense looking shaky for much of the season. He isn’t deemed good enough for the Pro Bowl but Tua, with 14 less TDs and two fewer TOs, is the number one???

That’s before we even get on to Oliver…

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

How in the blue hell is Ed Oliver a THIRD alternate? That's insane. 

How the hell does Quinnen Williams get in ahead of him with 2 sacks to Ed's 9.5?

Hell he had better numbers than Chris Jones too not in sacks but with TFL, total tackles and a few others, but at least he was close.

Edited by Warcodered

Oh boy… Allen about to go off in south Florida, If I’m a Dolphins fan I’m not happy about the timing of this announcement.

I’ll always remember Jordan Palmer in an interview telling a story of Josh’s friends texting him with news of some perceived slight because they all know Allen will use it and lock in.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.