Bills rest starters?

If this scenario plays out:

Ravens beat Steelers, Jags beat Titans, Texans beat Colts.

with a win the Bills would be #2 and host the Texans

with a loss the Bills are #6 and travel to KC

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

• Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Shocked 2
  • Disagree 18
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 15
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Dislike 5

No way. I'd much rather face Stroud in his very first playoff game in Buffalo than proven playoff Mahomes in KC.

I'd go even further and say that (if we were to lose in the wildcard round) I'd rather lose to the Texans at home than have to sit through yet another playoff loss in Arrowhead.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

What did I just read

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The Bills are not resting starters unless the Miami game is well in hand and they pull them. Winning the 2 seed means home games.

• Like (+1) 1

No freaking chance. the 2 seed and title outweighs anything your saying. Stroud looked bad in his comeback btw. 

We'd be guaranteed 2 home games,  if we advance and

I mean you never know, Bal can lose in division rd and we could host AFCCG, that bye has been detrimental to alot of great teams over the years

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

No thanks,  Mahomes in KC is never an easy out.  This makes no sense,  had refs not called offside then they beat us late.  How about we win about beat Houston at home against rookie QB and then beat KC at home.

• Agree 2

Yea, I'm gonna have to veto this idea.

I would take a home playoff game against a rookie HC and rookie QB ten times out of ten over a road playoff game in Arrowhead against Reid, Mahomes and the treatment KC sometimes gets from the ref crew. 

Also, I'm ALL about making Miami play on the road throughout the playoffs where their speed can be neutralized to an extent by cold wet rain and winds. 

Who give a red rats arse about the schedule next year? Any number of things happen between now and then. That "easier team" could be a juggernaut last year. Case in point, the Ravens. Last year this time thought would be the Bengals would be a much tougher task that the Ravens. How did that end up?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yea, I'm gonna have to veto this idea.

I would take a home playoff game against a rookie HC and rookie QB ten times out of ten over a road playoff game in Arrowhead against Reid, Mahomes and the treatment KC sometimes gets from the ref crew. 

Also, I'm ALL about making Miami play on the road throughout the playoffs where their speed can be neutralized to an extent by cold wet rain and winds. 

Who give a red rats arse about the schedule next year? Any number of things happen between now and then. That "easier team" could be a juggernaut last year. Case in point, the Ravens. Last year this time thought would be the Bengals would be a much tougher task that the Ravens. How did that end up?

Chiefs or Broncos/Raiders

at Ravens or at Browns

At Lions or at Packers/Vikings

Not that much can happen.  And the Texans are straight up better than the Chiefs.  If you can’t see that have your eyes checked.

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

The Bills are not resting starters unless the Miami game is well in hand and they pull them. Winning the 2 seed means home games.

Not sure if you’re aware but no playoff team is promised games plural.  It’s one loss and you’re out for everyone.

• Vomit 1

It's not TOTALLY insane, but I still don't think you wanna go on the road to KC on purpose 

1 hour ago, peterpan said:

I can see the point.  Resting allen if hurt makes sense.  We’d have no chance without him I reckon 

If the Bills and Ravens rested Allen and Lamar respectively next week for their entire games, the league would find out real quick who's actually more valuable to their team I can promise you that.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

at Ravens or at Browns

Not that much can happen.  And the Texans are straight up better than the Chiefs.  If you can’t see that have your eyes checked.

Not sure if you’re aware but no playoff team is promised games plural.  It’s one loss and you’re out for everyone.

Throwing out a game in England because that's not really a "home" game...

The Bills are 7-1 at home. The Bills are 3-4 on the road. If you don't see the benefit of playing at home especially in a playoff game I don't know what to tell ya. If you can't comprehend the benefit of playing a rookie QB and coach at home over a franchise that finds was to get it done in the postseason year after year...again don't know what to tell ya. Your argument is either a really poor attempt at gaining attention or straight up a VERY early nominee for worst forum idea of the year. If your goal is to hold that spot for the next 365 days until next season....I believe in you.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

at Ravens or at Browns

Thats what you get out of what I said?  I been watching football for over 40 years and you think I don't know that playoffs are one and done?  As a different seed the Bills would be on the road for sure.  As the 2 seed the Bills would get at least one home game guaranteed.  Come on bro this aint rocket science.  Why post that?

The Bills aren't resting starters next week.  

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lay off the crack. 

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Thats what you get out of what I said?  I been watching football for over 40 years and you think I don't know that playoffs are one and done?  As a different seed the Bills would be on the road for sure.  As the 2 seed the Bills would get at least one home game guaranteed.  Come on bro this aint rocket science.  Why post that?

The Bills aren't resting starters next week.  

You straight up said we get two home games.  What was that supposed to mean?

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

You straight up said we get two home games.  What was that supposed to mean?

No I did not.  I straight up said "Winning the 2 seed means home games"  It means that the first is guaranteed and if advanced the div round is too, versus not getting a home game at all.  Also possible to get a AFCCG at home as well if the Ravens lost.  Do you not know how this works after trying to educate me?

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

Pretty foolish to call trying for 2 home playoff games for a 7-1 team at home “foolish pride”. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

No I did not.  I straight up said "Winning the 2 seed means home games"  It means that the first is guaranteed and if advanced the div round is too versus not getting a home game at all.

Ok don’t get all ticked at other people because you write poorly.  When an “s “ is attached at the end of a word such as “game” it connotes plural.  Plural means more than one.  If you want to communicate an idea, think it through.  If you fail to do that, no biggie, just don’t lash out at others.  It’s a bad look.

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

Pretty foolish to call trying for 2 home playoff games for a 7-1 team at home “foolish pride”. 

Your tune may change before 8PM Sunday after watching the Chiefs struggle with the Easton Sticks and the Texans curb stomp the Colts.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

I know it's only Jan 1st, but so far this is the dumbest post of the year. 

I posted in another thread if difference between winning and losing was the 5th vs 6th seed, then yeah, but to give up 2 definite home games and likely playing the second week in Baltimore is crazy.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Ok don’t get all ticked at other people because you write poorly.  When an “s “ is attached at the end of a word such as “game” it connotes plural.  Plural means more than one.  If you want to communicate an idea, think it through.  If you fail to do that, no biggie, just don’t lash out at others.  It’s a bad look.

Your tune may change before 8PM Sunday after watching the Chiefs struggle with the Easton Sticks and the Texans curb stomp the Colts.

First of all I wrote plural because plural is possible.  Second, you got smart with me first.

Yeah dude, roll eyes.  I'm right.  It's not my fault you had a crap take and you wanna deflect.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Eyeroll 1

Epic 

Worst Haiku yet.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.