Bills rest starters?

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

Kyle is the better Allen.  The Bills are 7-0 when he plays, 3-6 when he does not get to play.  

• Haha (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Whatever James Harden thinks you’d be better served to think the opposite so I’m ok with your reply.  Guy is an idiot and plays the game the wrong way.

At least he'd be smart enough to win the game for the #2 seed in the playoffs. You on the other hand... piss poor take to intentionally give up a #2 seed my friend.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If this scenario plays out:

Ravens beat Steelers, Jags beat Titans, Texans beat Colts.

with a win the Bills would be #2 and host the Texans

with a loss the Bills are #6 and travel to KC

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

Conclusion: Sit ‘em, and it’s not close.  The fish might do the same though.  Skylar vs. Kyle?  It’d be fun watching Collinsworth explain, right?  He’d say right 900 times right?

Oh boy. Even if it plays out that we get in with a loss - going to KC and then Baltimore the next week is not the way. Let Baltimore and the Browns bloody themselves in the division round and hope that the AFCCG goes through Buffalo

Teams hosting the Chamionship games in the last 11 years are 16-6 and 29-13 since they went to 32 teams in 2002. Home field helps.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

First of all I wrote plural because plural is possible.  Second, you got smart with me first.

Yeah dude, roll eyes.  I'm right.  It's not my fault you had a crap take and you wanna deflect.

If we’re dealing with the possible why not just declare the Bills Super Bowl winners right now?  Dude, don’t get so upset.  It was either a  misplaced s, a misunderstanding on playoff formatting, too many assumptions about game results or poor writing.  None of the above are worth getting twisted up in knots.  

I’m deflecting exactly nothing.  Standing by my take.  You’re reconstructing sentences from your posts.  Still dude….no big deal.

Does anyone who actually watches football think that the Chiefs are a better team than the Texans?  They’re not.  The Texans, even in Buffalo, are a faaaaaaaaar greater threat.  In addition there would be a great scheduling advantage in the 2024 by finishing 2nd.

The ONLY two reasons for playing starters would be some foolish pride over a division title.  That’s a hard pass.  And:

Concern about having to play the Ravens in the Divisional round instead of the AFCCG.  I can see this one but you’d probably have to play them at some point anyway.

A lot of assumptions go along with your scenario…, 

If the Buffalo Bills did what you have proposed, they would be the laughingstock of the entire sports world.

9 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If we’re dealing with the possible why not just declare the Bills Super Bowl winners right now?  Dude, don’t get so upset.  It was either a  misplaced s, a misunderstanding on playoff formatting, too many assumptions about game results or poor writing.  None of the above are worth getting twisted up in knots.  

I’m deflecting exactly nothing.  Standing by my take.  You’re reconstructing sentences from your posts.  Still dude….no big deal.

It is not a misplaced "s".  Would it make you feel better if I wrote "game(s)."  It's this simple... the two seed guarantees us a first round home game.  If we win it guarantees us a divisional round home game.  If we win that and the Ravens lose in the divisional game, it guarantees us a home AFCCG.  The 7th seed guarantees we play on the road for all the "game(s)" (feel better?)  This isn't rocket science dude.  Using an "s" there is not wrong because plural is possible.  Everyone knows playoffs are win or go home.  Nobody is confusing anything except you.

I'm not upset.  Your initial post could have used some tact though hence why I returned it.  You can stand by your take all you want but the Bills arent resting starters.  Too much at stake.  Home gameS are important.

Edited by Scott7975

4 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

A lot of assumptions go along with your scenario…, 

100% of which will be known in advance of kickoff.  If it doesn't play out like that and the Bills need the win then of course.

2 hours ago, SMAKCruiser said:

The only scenario where the Bills rest the starters next week is if they are up 30 in the 4th quarter

Yes, but then I also agree with this:

3 hours ago, peterpan said:

I can see the point.  Resting allen if hurt makes sense.  We’d have no chance without him I reckon 

Barely beat NE without Josh showing up and that was with 3 TO’s in scoring territory. 

That isn’t going to happen on a regular basis for drive starting territory in the playoffs. 

Just now, Scott7975 said:

It is not a misplaced "s".  Would it make you feel better if I wrote "game(s)."  

Would it help if you wrote it correctly instead of incorrectly?  Yes.

That is pretty much always the case.  See also “?” And it’s uses.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Would it help if you wrote it correctly instead of incorrectly?  Yes.

That is pretty much always the case.  See also “?” And it’s uses.

I wrote it correctly.  Maybe it would help if you actually argued the post instead of worrying about my correct usage of "games" and trying to take pot shots as if I am stupid.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Shirley, you can’t be serious.  Check with your 4th grade teacher.

Surely I am serious.  Maybe you should.  Winning the 2 seed means home games.  I wrote it again for you.  How about... winning the two seed means games are played at home.  Same meaning.  How about you dispute anything I actually said instead of going off on a tirade about how I write?

Now I am done with this conversation unless you want to talk football #######.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Surely I am serious.  Maybe you should.  Winning the 2 seed means home games.  I wrote it again for you.  How about... winning the two seed means games are played at home.  Same meaning.  How about you dispute anything I actually said instead of going off on a tirade about how I write?

Now I am done with this conversation unless you want to talk football #######.

Has anyone got a red pen?

Yeah, let’s possibly pass on an opportunity to have 2 home playoff games, and possibly 3 if the Ravens get knocked off.

What a brilliant ***** idea.

Edited by Beast
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

NO, the #2 seed AND winning the AFC EAST AGAIN is worth fighting for.

Miami is hurting bad if anything, probably tried to play lights out for the 1st seed to rest starters. Now they are faced with an even more battered team. Bills on the other hand are trying to keep that winning momentum up and not kill it with an L

• Like (+1) 1

I could actually see Miami resting a few guys next week, meaning making guys inactive who are banged up and need a week off to get ready for the playoffs, like Hill, Mostert and/or Waddle. But the Bills are as healthy as they’ve ever been so there really would be no point to it.

7 minutes ago, Beast said:

Yeah, let’s possibly pass on an opportunity to have 2 home playoff games, and possibly 3 if the Ravens get knocked off.

What a brilliant ***** idea.

The Ravens’ first game is probably going to be against the Browns, so yeah, there’s a real chance that the AFCCG could be in Buffalo if we get the 2 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Both the Bills and Dolphins can be looking at such a strategy Sunday night. What seed would avoid the Ravens until the CCG? There's a couple of strategies on the table if the Bills don't have to win the game to get in. It's unfortunate, but true.

Chiefs or Broncos/Raiders

at Ravens or at Browns

At Lions or at Packers/Vikings

Not that much can happen.  And the Texans are straight up better than the Chiefs.  If you can’t see that have your eyes checked.

Maybe so, but the Texans are not straight up better then the Bills---bring em on !!

4 hours ago, NI Bills Fan said:

No way. I'd much rather face Stroud in his very first playoff game in Buffalo than proven playoff Mahomes in KC.

I'd go even further and say that (if we were to lose in the wildcard round) I'd rather lose to the Texans at home than have to sit through yet another playoff loss in Arrowhead.

have to agree.  we are 0-2 in the playoffs at Arrowhead

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I am knowingly falling for crayonz's bait but will take it anyway.

I just wish at least one of those results dont happen so that this conversation can die a natural death. In any case, it has a limited shelf life 

Hmm so it’s in the Bills best interest to lose and seek to play all road games in the playoffs??? So that they can go play KC and Patty on the road vs that juggernaut of the Texans at home?? Then likely go to Baltimore. Vs potentially having 2 or even 3 home games. Oh yes and to get the coveted 2nd place schedule for next year? I gotta start drinking!!! Yikes 😳 

Edited by QLBillsFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whatever James Harden thinks you’d be better served to think the opposite so I’m ok with your reply.  Guy is an idiot and plays the game the wrong way.

Bravo, Sir. You’re really reelin’ them in on this one! 🤣

While a certain playoff berth before Buffalo ever takes the field Sunday night would ease my mind, I  don't think there is any way Buffalo rests their starters with a chance to take the division and gain the #2 seed.

5 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

This is easily the worst post in 2024, but no worries … there’s 364 more days for someone to overtake you 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.