Linderbaum

Gus

Hill

Williams 

Humphrey 

Pierce

Flowers

OBJ

I’d expect a bunch of them will be inactive.  A handful of them have been playing with injuries.  Especially in their secondary and RB has already been decimated.  

Is this possible? You can’t have more than 5-6 inactive players… this list has like 15 guys on it lol

I think a lot is being made of Baltimore mailing in this game in with backups.  I still think they’d love to bounce the Steelers out and their backups are still good players including the QB, …and it’s in Baltimore.

That being said, the last time Baltimore and Harbaugh won the SB was in 2012.  They went into the playoffs losers of 4 of their last 5 games including the finale.  So I don’t think Harbaugh is worried about losing momentum because of a loss, which kind of sucks.

10 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I think the line would be more pits way if they truly knew.  Baltimore does have really seasoned backups though and Huntley is much better than mason rudolph straight up so who knows 

feels like a ‘could go 3 points either direction when we have more info’ line to me…if the ravens starters play a half I think it’s a pick em 

i mean, Pitt is currently -4, so that's roughly an 11 point swing in the line if it were a normal week.  i think the oddsmakers very much expect the Ravens to do a lot of resting of starters.  even if they play a series or two.

Just now, harryS said:

i mean, Pitt is currently -4, so that's roughly an 11 point swing in the line if it were a normal week.  i think the oddsmakers very much expect the Ravens to do a lot of resting of starters.  even if they play a series or two.

Yea I don’t think there’s any way they play the full game but if ravens starters play a half it’s a pick em to me and the line will swing a few points 

27 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

Yeah really hate this situation myself

i don’t see a pitt or Jac loss - I just don’t see it

sooooo

we need to win period

The great thing is, by game time, we all will know for sure the circumstances.  Regardless of the circumstances, Bills will have lots of incentive to win and earn the 2 seed.

10 hours ago, Rico said:

I don’t know how much the key starters play, but I do know Harbs doesn’t want to lose to the Steelers.

This is a critical point. They hate the Steelers and are not going to give them a free pass into the playoffs.

This the same team that has won like 20 straight games in the preseason.

I would expect Lamar to play a portion of this game and Harbaugh will go after the win.

44 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

At some point Rudolph will turn into a pumpkin again. Will it be against the Ravens? We'll see

I don’t think so. They aren’t asking Rudolph to do that much, and he isn’t playing out of his mind. He is playing like a competent backup QB, which he is. Making accurate throws when he has time. Going through his progressions. Not forcing things. 

I never understood why the Steelers went with trubisky over him. It is clear that trubisky isn’t an NFL caliber QB.

59 minutes ago, dma0034 said:

At some point Rudolph will turn into a pumpkin again. Will it be against the Ravens? We'll see

I remember watching a Rudolph game in his final year of college while sitting at a bar in Nashville. It was a nice afternoon.  I was impressed and thought he would be a good (not great) NFL starter.

Remember, I was sitting at a bar. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flip Johnson said:

This is a critical point. They hate the Steelers and are not going to give them a free pass into the playoffs.

This the same team that has won like 20 straight games in the preseason.

I would expect Lamar to play a portion of this game and Harbaugh will go after the win.

They may want to win but I see them playing it like a pre season game. Starters play a quarter, vanilla playbook and playing it safe. 

• Agree 1

Living here I see them alot. Huntley could prob start on 10 teams....He is mobile and can hit his WR. The ravens seem to have stable of RB that can all play. They have several TE as well. Their DL is stacked and they have a reputation to uphold. Its also at home. They need to cover Pickens and stop the run. We have 3 games next week to get us in.....2 we need the home team and us to be fins. I like our odds.   

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Drew21PA said:

Yeah really hate this situation myself

i don’t see a pitt or Jac loss - I just don’t see it

sooooo

we need to win period

Our first playoff game starts in 6 days.  That's how the Bills will have to treat this game.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills need to win, anything less is unacceptable. This team should be competing for a SB, not relying on luck to back into the #7 seed. I hope the Bills aren't even considering what their chances are if they lose. This is a must win.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Bills need to win, anything less is unacceptable. This team should be competing for a SB, not relying on luck to back into the #7 seed. I hope the Bills aren't even considering what their chances are if they lose. This is a must win.

Since they play the last game of the season there will be no wondering. I say go for the 2 seed regardless 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Just to add to this, the Steelers dominated the Ravens in their first matchup. I’m sure they don’t want to get swept and B, the Steelers know the Ravens better than any team in the NFL 

Starters may play on a limited basis but I can’t see the Ravens just mailing it in.  I think they will go all out and try to win the game.  Beating the Steelers is meaningful to them no matter the scenario. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Starters may play on a limited basis but I can’t see the Ravens just mailing it in.  I think they will go all out and try to win the game.  Beating the Steelers is meaningful to them no matter the scenario. 

The hatred Pitt has for us and vice versa makes this a very interesting decision. They (Steelers) are going to go all out to not only win, but make it as dangerous of a game as possible for our players before the post season. Whether Jon decides to push them hard early to ensure their elimination or plays it safe with mostly backups, there is a downside to either. Phoning it in and losing would leave a very bad, possibly mentally compromising taste going into the playoffs, but getting Lamar or other integral players injured is worse, but avoidable even if we go HAM.

As a Ravens fan, we basically have two goals, in order of importance.

1. Win the SB

2. Make sure F'ing Pittsburgh doesn't

• Like (+1) 1

The Ravens aren't playing WC weekend so maybe they treat this game like the "most important" preseason game. The preseason game where the starters play into the 2nd quarter. I don't expect Lamar to play into the second quarter, but I could see him playing a series or two. Same for the rest of the starters. But anyone who is dealing with an injury will most likely sit. Does Harbaugh want his starters sitting for 2 straight weeks. Maybe the Ravens backups can beat the Steelers. I have no hope in the Titans beating the Jaguars. So, if the Steelers win on Saturday, then the Bills are most likely in an elimination game. Win or go home.

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

No way that that’s automatic Pittsburgh has not played well this year

All that matters is they win.  That's all you have been saying about the Bills. Doesn't matter the offense looks bad, they won. 

• Haha (+1) 1

The Ravens can decide how they want to play this.  They can nearly 100% eliminate Pittsburgh if they desire.  Or they can rest everyone and play a bland game, probably lose and hope Miami wins a 50/50 game on SNF.  I'm sure they are more worried about Buffalo down the road than the Miami team they just waxed.

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

The Ravens aren't playing WC weekend so maybe they treat this game like the "most important" preseason game. The preseason game where the starters play into the 2nd quarter. I don't expect Lamar to play into the second quarter, but I could see him playing a series or two. Same for the rest of the starters. But anyone who is dealing with an injury will most likely sit. Does Harbaugh want his starters sitting for 2 straight weeks. Maybe the Ravens backups can beat the Steelers. I have no hope in the Titans beating the Jaguars. So, if the Steelers win on Saturday, then the Bills are most likely in an elimination game. Win or go home.

As we all know - backups can and have won games before...

The titans need to get back to doing what they do well.  Offensive line is a mess in pass pro.  Run, and stop the run.  They do that and they can potentially beat the jags.  

• Like (+1) 1

There are usually no layups in any division game, especially a road game.  And Buf, Pitt and Jax all have to play on the road.  These teams know each other so well.  There's no surprises.  It's just execution and ball security.  Baltimore has 7 inactives or whatever for gameday, and they will have to use big contributors.  They are out of elevations for the season but I believe it resets for playoffs.  If Huntley is the QB, he's decent and he has started several games last season including the playoffs.  He's not some scrub off the streets.

What's interesting, seeing Ravens fans thoughts is the diversity of opinions.  Some people are begging Harbaugh to rest everyone.  A good amount of people think a 3 week layoff between playing will be the certain death of a season.  Some don't care about Pittsburgh, others really want the Ravens to eliminate the Steelers and not have them celebrate on their field.

5 minutes ago, zow2 said:

There are usually no layups in any division game, especially a road game.  And Buf, Pitt and Jax all have to play on the road.  These teams know each other so well.  There's no surprises.  It's just execution and ball security.  Baltimore has 7 inactives or whatever for gameday, and they will have to use big contributors.  They are out of elevations for the season but I believe it resets for playoffs.  If Huntley is the QB, he's decent and he has started several games last season including the playoffs.  He's not some scrub off the streets.

What's interesting, seeing Ravens fans thoughts is the diversity of opinions.  Some people are begging Harbaugh to rest everyone.  A good amount of people think a 3 week layoff between playing will be the certain death of a season.  Some don't care about Pittsburgh, others really want the Ravens to eliminate the Steelers and not have them celebrate on their field.

Ravens practice today, I think?  We may get some clues on their plan 

On 1/1/2024 at 12:34 PM, Scott7975 said:

Imagine losing Lamar in a meaningless game.  That would be a coaching disaster.  McD would absolutely get killed if we had the 1 seed locked up and lost Allen for the playoffs in a meaningless game like that.

I'd rather they start Tyler Huntley than have Lamar in there for a few series, ***** footing around and grounding the ball into the grass if he sees any pressure.

The Ravens second level guys are pretty darn good.  I think this will be a pretty close game and Mason Rudolph won't have a walk in the park here.

• Like (+1) 1

Tyler Huntley will get the start at QB.

The NFL moved the game to Saturday at 4:30pm which is smack into the worst possible weather window for Baltimore.  100% chance of rain/snow mix all afternoon/evening and high of 38.  Wind picking up as the day goes on.

Not sure who benefits or suffers from the crummy weather but the ball will be on the ground a few times, that's for sure.

25 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Tyler Huntley will get the start at QB.

The NFL moved the game to Saturday at 4:30pm which is smack into the worst possible weather window for Baltimore.  100% chance of rain/snow mix all afternoon/evening and high of 38.  Wind picking up as the day goes on.

Not sure who benefits or suffers from the crummy weather but the ball will be on the ground a few times, that's for sure.

I’d say in this case, it probably helps the Steelers.  They have a lot more on the line, so maybe more willing to lay it out there whereas Ravens might not want to risk injury in the poor conditions.  Ravens coaches might even tell their players as much…

3 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

I’d say in this case, it probably helps the Steelers.  They have a lot more on the line, so maybe more willing to lay it out there whereas Ravens might not want to risk injury in the poor conditions.  Ravens coaches might even tell their players as much…

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but this is the statement of someone I'm guessing has never really played competitive sports.  The best way to get injured is to try not to get injured.  If these guys aren't giving it 100% on an NFL playing field they will get destroyed.

Baltimore may rest a few key players but they will absolutely not be telling players to "go easy."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, eball said:

I don't mean to pick on you specifically, but this is the statement of someone I'm guessing has never really played competitive sports.  The best way to get injured is to try not to get injured.  If these guys aren't giving it 100% on an NFL playing field they will get destroyed.

Baltimore may rest a few key players but they will absolutely not be telling players to "go easy."

I played competitive sports, but never on a wet field where the game had no implications or where my financial livelihood depended on future games.  And I know professional athletes are as competitive as they come.  But if I need to make a “business decision” of tackling Najee Harris versus just being ready for the playoffs, it just wouldn’t surprise me if the Steelers roll over the Ravens on Saturday.  I’d agree they can’t just let the Steelers pummel them and put themselves in compromising positions, but that extra effort to make a play or tackle may be lacking.

2 minutes ago, CapeBreton said:

Anyone know where I can find info on bonus incentives for players? Not seeing anything on Spotrac. I'm interested to know if Tyler Huntley has any win bonuses built into his contract. 

Can't speak for Huntley but:

Odell:
165 Yards for $750k
5 catches for $250k
2 TDs for $500k

Clowney:
0.5 sacks for $750k

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Yeah i agree.  And we've seen the Bills play a game or two with nothing on the line, with backups and played extremely well.  I expect the guys on the Ravens to ball out.  Especially when Pittsburgh tries to punch them in the mouth and talk trash.  It will be on. 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Taking it easy is exactly how players get hurt.  They'll be playing to beat their hated rivals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.