NEED ONE or more:

Bills (WIN/tie)

or

Pitt @ Balt (Pitt loss/tie) 

or

Jags @ TN (Jag loss/tie)

or

Texans @ Colts (Tie)

Above are the scenarios for the Bills to clinch. I made a little website for everyone to discuss. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth for week 18 begin!

GO BILLS, W and not worry about this junk!

Scenarios for other teams to clinch:

PITT gets 7 seed with:      

1) PIT win + IND-HOU tie

2) PIT win + BUF loss

3) PIT win + JAX loss/tie

4) PIT tie + IND-HOU do not tie + JAX loss

5) (even w PIT loss) IND- HOU do not tie + JAX loss + DEN win

COLTS get in with:

-WIN & IN

-There is also no scenario in which the Colts make the playoffs with a loss. 

The Colts could make the playoffs with a tie and:

-A Jaguars loss (win AFC South)

-A Steelers loss (win AFC No. 7 seed due to head-to-head tiebreaker with Texans)

Edited by letsgoteam

9 minutes ago, letsgoteam said:

NEED ONE or more:

Pitt @ Balt (Pitt loss) 

or

Jags @ TN (Jag loss)

or

Texans @ Colts (Tie)

Above are the scenarios for the Bills to clinch. I made a little website for everyone to discuss. Let the wailing and gnashing of teeth for week 18 begin!

GO BILLS, W and not worry about this junk!

You missed one. We clinch with win v Dolphins. 

5 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Pitt @ Balt loss still most likely even with Baltimore resting a lot of starters. 

It's still a division rivalry, and I'd bet Jackson & the starters play the 1st half.

That said - it would feel kind of appropriate if we had to beat Miami. They are really banged up right now. I think we come out on top & take the division, and become a pretty unexpected 2 seed.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

A PIT win is not guarantied.  I remember BUF losing at home to PIT's backups during the drought and missing the playoffs as a result.

John Harbaugh is not Mike Mularkey.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Red King said:

A PIT win is not guarantied.  I remember BUF losing at home to PIT's backups during the drought and missing the playoffs as a result.

Would Baltimore sit starters even though they already have a bye. That’s basically 3 weeks on no game action if they do

10 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

Pitt @ Balt loss still most likely even with Baltimore resting a lot of starters. 

Hopefully they do to the Steelers what we did to Miami a few years ago - play the starters early, roll up the score and then run out the clock.

It looks tough though. Just have to hope the Bills beat Miami

• Agree 1

Just now, BananaB said:

Would Baltimore sit starters even though they already have a bye. That’s basically 3 weeks on no game action if they do

you’d better believe it. Especially anyone who’s dinged up

Just now, BananaB said:

I agree.  And they'd be giving the hated Steelers a shot at the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'll be mildly interested to hear more about Tua's injury.

Watching the game live, I don't think it's anything important.  He did stay out at the end, but that's because the game was already a blowout.  He went into the little tent and came back out and seemed relaxed enough sitting around, without any medical people working on him or anything like that.

Chubb, on the other hand, tore his ACL almost for sure.  I'm sure we'll get confirmation on that tomorrow.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I'll be mildly interested to hear more about Tua's injury.

My buddy is a Phins fan and told me it was no biggie.

Dinged his left shoulder and they kept him out because the game was already out of hand.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kaenon said:

Despite the win, this was a tough week for our chances.

Aside from the Bengals losing, every other game went against us today.

Ugh!

You missed one - the slightly consequential loss by the Dolphins 😁

• Like (+1) 1

It would be nice if we had already guaranteed a playoff spot at the very least but a month or so ago we were 6-6.

We now have the opportunity to win the division and possibly the no.2 seed. It sucks that the stakes are so high but we all would have only dreamed for this opportunity a month ago. 

Hopefully they can be on their game, they're going to need to be.

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

The Ravens are not going to just sit and fold and allow the Steelers into the playoffs.

Plus a few years ago as the one seed, they rested their starters and got bounced right away. Maybe Harbaugh takes a different approach this time around. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

My buddy is a Phins fan and told me it was no biggie.

Dinged his left shoulder and they kept him out because the game was already out of hand.

I'm sorry you make poor choices with friends.  

Two teams (Pitt (-27) and Indy (-15)) can get in with negative point differentials if the Bills lose (Bills with ~ a plus 130 and a winning record and were done). All three with the same record (10 - 7). Our conference record (6 -6 if they lose) would be our demise. Mind boggling. We chose the wrong games to lose (NE, Cin, Jax, Den, Jets). 4 of the 5 are out of the playoffs. 

39 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

You never know when it just might be time for the Biffalo Bills to win the SB.  You never know

Of all the years it could happen the way this season has been it would be fitting to take home the Lombardi.  Been a roller coaster all year.  First four weeks we looked unstoppable, then fell apart and everyone needed to be fired and Josh needed traded.  Now we’re a week away from the opportunity for the 2nd seed.  The idea of the afc championship possibly being in orchard park makes my balls tingle.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.