Bills-Dolphins Week 18 for the Division! SUNDAY NIGHT GAME

BuffaloBillyG

1 minute ago, henry jones said:

Miami did come off a 70 pointer the week before and I’m sure we’re all caught up in the headlines and our offense has become very offensive since then.  Hopefully we recapture the good vibes from that game

They’re very banged up. Not just a little, but big time banged up. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

Hey! Watch out!

I am self appointed No Jinxes!!!! enforcer

But yes, 18 players on the injury list is insane. Chubb has an ACL, he should be on IR, why are you even...

24 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

So was the bengals o line going into the playoff game last year

21 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Welp, the Ravens are officially sitting Lamar. This is most likely a win or go home game for us. Time to nut up!

I mean if I were Baltimore I’d rather have Pittsburgh in the playoffs than Buffalo anyways. It like being kingmaker. Pittsburgh won’t make any noise in playoffs. Buffalo could win the whole thing. Especially considering the fact the bills have been very successful when playing Lamar 

1 hour ago, henry jones said:

This is really not setting up well for the good guys.  Zero confidence in getting help from Baltimore or Tennessee and not encouraged by the way we’ve played the last two games.  Hoping the offense can flip an invisible switch and turn things around because Miami will score on us.  Prolly gonna need at least 30-35 pts

Just win 

20 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

I mean if I were Baltimore I’d rather have Pittsburgh in the playoffs than Buffalo anyways. It like being kingmaker. Pittsburgh won’t make any noise in playoffs. Buffalo could win the whole thing. Especially considering the fact the bills have been very successful when playing Lamar 

So was the Bills DLine….

if Baltimore is making decisions based on other teams making the playoffs….well, they aren’t.  Promise

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Dont know how to post injury report here but link is here:https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

Floyd is DNP with Ribs/Rest,

Von is on Vet rest (insert joke here)

Josh was full with finger/shoulder

Hyde limited with Neck

Damar limited with shoulder

What is up with Floyd.  Is this a veteran's day off or is he dealing with an injury?

3 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

It is amazing.  Dolphins have 18 players listed on their injury report.  The Bils have five.

I hope we can take advantage.

Go Bills!

11 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

What is up with Floyd.  Is this a veteran's day off or is he dealing with an injury?

It is amazing.  Dolphins have 18 players listed on their injury report.  The Bils have five.

Go Bills!

It said rest so that’s why DNP but obviously he’s getting treated for ribs too. But he should be good to go 

Just now, YattaOkasan said:

It said rest so that’s why DNP but obviously he’s getting treated for ribs too. But he should be good to go 

That is great news! We need Floyd's pass rush.

13 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Go Bills!

Here is a link to the dolphin's injury report.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report/

44 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Yes, the Bengals were depleted on their O Line. And we were without Daquan Jones, Von Miller, while Jordan Phillips was playing with one arm behind his back. We had our own warts because of injury, sprinkle in a bad game plan, and an icy field…You get pushed around.

Completely different scenario this season, Bills with a “healthy” team, trending up…..Last year, injury riddled, running on fumes. The latter sounds more like the Dolphins right now. 

4 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

It was also at home.

On the road to Buffalo South. Home away from home. 

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Nice to see. 

But as thrilled as I am, there is a pretty sizable veteran core that is aging out that is either dead cap or very hard to replace.

Hyde's contract is up, and I legitmately think he might hang up his cleats. He's had neck injuries two years in a row, and just turned 33. And yet, no matter what, we are paying for him on void years. Poyer is a touch younger and we have him another year, but his play has trailed off this year. It pains me seeing them at this point, because I remember how they were new arrivals to set the tone at the start of McDermott's tenure and by all accounts have been model teammates.

Von Miller might bounce back, but with his personal business his contract is looking like an albatross at the moment. 

Diggs is 30. Maybe he has a Larry Fitzgerald like career, but not a ton of guys hit another gear at that point...and a lot start to regress. He's on the books at least until 2025.

Tre White might have just had a career ending injury, and is a possible cut candidate.

I'm not saying this to be a Debbie Downer. The team has a lot to look forward to. But there is going to be some painful transition coming up.

Let's worry about Sunday before you write the demise of this team for being too old.

Beane is always thinking several years down the road.

Have faith.

Go Bills!

26 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

This game is a win win for the Bills:

1) Win and they're the 2 seed

2) Lose but manage to get in as a wild card

3) Lose and miss the playoffs and the bills have to move on from Sean McDermott and sign Jim Harbaugh.

0% chance Harbaugh comes here if we move on from McDermott.

1 hour ago, henry jones said:

This is really not setting up well for the good guys.  Zero confidence in getting help from Baltimore or Tennessee and not encouraged by the way we’ve played the last two games.  Hoping the offense can flip an invisible switch and turn things around because Miami will score on us.  Prolly gonna need at least 30-35 pts

Historically, in the Allen era, the Bills tend to rise to the occasion vs quality teams and play down to the level of weaker teams.

The fact that we are winning ugly games is still a good sign.

2 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

For any person checking this board and wondering why we are so hungry for injury updates on Hill, Waddle, Mostert and Achae, why we might almost seem bloodthirsty...

Dolphins Rushing Leaders

1) Mostert - 1012 yards

2) Achae - 744 yard

3) Jeff Wilson Jr. - 143 yards

Dolphins Receiving Leaders

1) Tyreek Hill - 1717 yards

2) Jaylen Waddle - 1014 yards

3) Durham Smythe - 336 yards

The drop off is astounding

Thank you.

This post is helpful.

39 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

With all the injuries the Dolphins have, a Bills loss needs to be an automatic firing for McDermott.

I will definitely be feeling that way for a couple days, then after emotions settle down I’ll be better equipped to balance my thoughts and will probably be fine with running it back.

1 hour ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

With all the injuries the Dolphins have, a Bills loss needs to be an automatic firing for McDermott.

There it is!

Another reason for the lynch mob to want McDermott fired.

Finding a quality coach is not a given by any means.

After every loss and even on a five game winning streak you guys are singing the same old tired song.

Go to the Dolphins fan forum.  They have a few posters with the same mentality.  They want to fire their coach that got them 11 wins even with all of their injuries.

Peace out!

Edited by longtimebillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Yep....Floyd has been on the injury report with ribs for the last few weeks, and it surely hasn't slowed him down in the games....he's fine.

I’ve been reading about injuries on our board and Phin Heaven.    I am prepared to make a proposal.

Phins can have a healthy Chubb, Howard and Waddle.   We get a healthy Miller, White and Milano.

Next man up in Buffalo.   We’re cursed in Miami.   

27 minutes ago, BearNorth said:

Fish have 12 of their 22 listed starters as either DNP or Limited today. Hope our guys keep their eyes on the prize

I don't think the will be unfocused and or unprepared. I have no worries on this front. 

Nick Wright actually made a point I agree with today (among many I disagree with). 

He said if the Steelers lose Saturday, he expects the Bills will play significantly better Sunday knowing they're only playing for seeding.

But if Steelers win, the Bills having 24 hours digesting the added pressure will make them come out tight & play worse.

Leadership isn't as strong this year, and McDermott's voice may not be connecting like it once was. I also just believe Josh absorbs all the stress & chatter fans do. 

• Disagree 9
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Nick Wright actually made a point I agree with today (among many I disagree with). 

He said if the Steelers lose Saturday, he expects the Bills will play significantly better Sunday knowing they're only playing for seeding.

But if Steelers win, the Bills having 24 hours digesting the added pressure will make them come out tight & play worse.

Leadership isn't as strong this year, and McDermott's voice may not be connecting like it once was. I also just believe Josh absorbs all the stress & chatter fans do. 

I think this is baloney

But

True story, last Saturday the Other Half and I decided to eat an early dinner in a local Mexican restaurant which has excellent seafood fajitas.  Because it was early, it was just us and the wait staff and three large televisions playing NFL network "First Things First" or whatever it is with Nick Wright, larger than life, blasting into our innocent corneas as I sipped at a punchbowl-size marguarita that tasted tequilaless (pity).

Since some things once seen, can not be unseen, all I could picture was this

images.jpg.f6dee3eb2e3e86c624bb42d628b8df96.jpg

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

17 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

What is the evidence leadership isn’t as strong or that McD isn’t getting through?  He managed a poor season in which the OC was fired and now has the team playing well at the right time with a chance for 2 seed. I think there’s a stronger argument that his leadership is what kept the season from going off the talks than there is an argument that he’s not getting through. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, TrentEdwardsCheckDownOn4th said:

Why? We would be the destination with the best QB by far,  and an owner willing to spend. 

I believe it really boils down to how his relationship is with Jim these days whether or not he'd even consider Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.