Week 17 12/31/23 GAMEDAY Bills vs Patriots Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

Regular Season Home finale? Only 1 week left of RedZone for a YEAR?? We haven’t clinched a playoff spot yet??? I just took a nap after week 2. WTH happened to the season?

There’s so much on the line today. Do we let Belichek sweep us one more time? Can Lamar bring us an after-Christmas present? Can we clinch a playoff spot for 5th time in 6 years? Will Stefon Diggs get 30 yards receiving? Can Allen secure the MVP award? Daquan Jones STARTING??? Leave the tree up til tomorrow. This game is Must See!

Injured stars are returning as the season comes down to -PERHAPS- our final Home game of this tumultuous rollercoaster season as we bid farewell to 2023. 

If the season finishes as it’s played out, NOTHING is really known for sure -EXCEPT that every team is vulnerable. Therein lies our opportunity. We don’t really know anything about our team nor any other team for that matter. Literally anything can happen which is the way the season has played out. What does seem likely is some Bills will be playing in their last regular season Home game in the scarlet & royal blue. Also Pro Bowl voting will be finalized today and we have some viable candidates. So don your stinking jersey and drink the last of the egg nog as we lock arm in arm and sing Auld Lang Syne. 

It’s truly amazing that we’re not yet in the playoffs but can earn our 4th consecutive AFCE Title in a WEEK! So its  ’Ya Gotta Billieve!’ time again!

I do! Do you?

Happy New Year!

GO BILLS!

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

"Can we clinch a playoff spot for 5th time in 6 years?"

Time to cue the boobirds:

"Fire McDermott!  Should have been all 6!" 🙄😁

Playoffs are nice.  Now lets make some noise in the playoffs.  Winning the Super Bowl is the goal.  No more flat, uninspired. pathetic playoff showings

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Heading out to Orchard Park, for this one. I love how it has morphed from an "Oh, we'll smash them, and it won't matter," game (when I bought the tix), to a, "Damn, we're not even going to be playoff-eligible," game, to an "We need this to possibly get the #2 seed," game.

For all the madness, heartache, highs and lows, THIS is why I love football: The sheer emotional rollercoaster of it all.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Can’t remember being as anxious for a regular season day as I am this morning.  Two huge games — our Bills vs. the Pats***, of course, but also Baltimore/Miami.  If the home teams take care of business the New Year’s festivities will be that much more fun.

Regardless, just getting into the playoffs is the goal, no matter how it happens.

Go Bills!  15-6, Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

Belichek as HC of the Bills next year??

Actually, all joking aside, I do believe Belichick would love to coach Allen. All the evidence from over the years suggests he really respects him and sees him as one of the better players he's ever had to gameplay for. I think in years to come when Belichick is long retired someone will ask him "who's the toughest player you ever had to coach against" and it really wouldn't surprise me if he puts Allen right up there. The game when he went to locker room to shake his hand pretty much says it all (unless he was really going in the retrieve a bug before the place got swept)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I believe this is the final game that Belichick will coach the Patriots against the Bills. Truly the final piece of the Patriots Dynasty falls soon after. 

Fare thee well oh Hooded One. Buffalo has a nice 20 point stomping to hand you on your way OUT.

83uifv.jpg

Edited by BuffaloBillyG
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

It’s truly amazing that we’re not yet in the playoffs but can earn our 4th consecutive AFCE Title in a WEEK! So its  ’Ya Gotta Billieve!’ time again!

Its the second last week in the regular season.  Only SF and Detroit have clinched the division.  Only 3 teams in the AFC and 4 in the NFC has clinched a playoff spot.  Very strange year.

I believe!  Get that dub today Bills!  I don't care about style points, just get the win.  Thats all that matters right now.  LFG BUFFALO!!!

BTW, I haven't slept yet and will be staying up through the game.  That has only happened twice this season and both times were wins.

1 hour ago, eball said:

Can’t remember being as anxious for a regular season day as I am this morning.  Two huge games — our Bills vs. the Pats***, of course, but also Baltimore/Miami.  If the home teams take care of business the New Year’s festivities will be that much more fun.

Regardless, just getting into the playoffs is the goal, no matter how it happens.

Go Bills!  15-6, Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

I remember quite a few anxious people the year the Pats challenged us for the division by winning a game in a hurricane.  People were pretty anxious the next game and we beat them.  People were anxious in the playoff game and Josh had one of his best games ever.  LFG Bills!!! We got this!!!

• Like (+1) 2

Remembering the last New Years Eve game we played

Bro I was just as emotional and shedding tears about as seeing Kyle Williams and the rest of that team in that locker room as I was them getting in the playoffs.  I was so emotional and happy for those Bills that day.  I'll never forget it.

What a speech Kyle gave there.  True leader.  True 110% guy every game.

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I have this bad feeling the bills special teams is due another big miscue. They’ve been bad this year and the PATS is the kind of team that’d take full advantage. 

Keep the ship buttoned up and we should win. 

That team can't beat us.  Only the Bills can beat the Bills by turning over the ball.  I don't think that happens today.  I think Josh is going to stamp this game and make the league remember who tf Josh mf Allen is.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Remembering the last New Years Eve game we played

I still get tears watching this, and I know right where I was when it happened--sitting in a chair holding my 6-month-old grandson--he almost got spiked when the Bengals scored. What a day. They should make the current team watch this today--if you can't get pumped watching this, nothing will get you going.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Pats* perspective 

12 minutes ago, CSBill said:

I still get tears watching this, and I know right where I was when it happened--sitting in a chair holding my 6-month-old grandson--he almost got spiked when the Bengals scored. What a day. They should make the current team watch this today--if you can't get pumped watching this, nothing will get you going.

Me too!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I have this bad feeling the bills special teams is due another big miscue. They’ve been bad this year and the PATS is the kind of team that’d take full advantage. 

This is only because you are emotionally unstable….

😁👍

GO BILLS!!!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Simon pinned this topic
1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I was just thinking, the only way the Bills lose this one is if there's some kind of meltdown on the Bills part. On paper, this should be a gimme. But not played on paper of course. But I'm feeling confident.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.